Alitalia Flight Status
Alitalia, launched in 2009, is the flag carrier of Italy. The company is headquartered in Fiumicino, Rome, Italy. Its main hub is located at Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport, Rome, and a secondary one at Linate Airport, Milan. In 2009, it joined the SkyTeam airline alliance.
Al Italia flies to 97 destinations, in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Americas, and the Middle-East. It has code-share agreements with other SkyTeam members.
Global Traveler magazine voted Alitalia (via votes by polled by 30,000 frequent flyers) as the 'Best Airline Cuisine' in 2016, for the seventh time in a row.
Why should you choose Alitalia?
Alitalia offers 4 travel classes with special services, wherever you fly to -- Magnifica, Business Class Medium Haul, Premium Economy, and Economy. Convenience and comfort characterize Economy, where travelers can tune into a vast legion of TV programs, music, movies, and interactive games, and stay connected through Alitalia Wi-Fi. Do onboard shopping with discounts, for products selected from the GRIFFAIR catalogue. Special meals – medical, religious, and dietary, can be pre-ordered on all long-haul flights.
In Magnifica, enjoy the cuisine of a different region every month, a wide range of the best Italian wines, and a special coffee menu by Lavazza. Relax in the comfort of fully horizontal leather seats with massage function, relaxing cabins, personal screens, and an amenity kit form Bulgari, as well as lounge access at airports.
Alitalia has been ranked as the third most punctual airline in Europe, and as tenth in the world, in the first two-quarters of 2017, by FlightStats.
How do you check flight status for Alitalia?
To check flight status of any Alitalia flight, do the following:
• Log on to the official homepage at: https://www.alitalia.com/en_en
• Select the Flight Info tab. The option Flight Status will appear. Enter the Flight number and Departure date. Click on SEARCH. The scheduled time and current status will be shown.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case of a canceled flight, for passengers holding a valid reservation aboard Alitalia, the airline will:
• offer a seat on another Alitalia flight, or
• give you a full refund of your ticket.
If the airline is responsible for the cancelation, they will provide compensation, in accordance with EU regulation, EC 261. Ground personnel will issue vouchers for purchase of food and drinks in case of a delay over 3 hours. When a cancelation involves an overnight stay, the airline will ensure overnight accommodation at a hotel, and pay for transfer via public transport.
Key routes of Alitalia
Rome to London, Rome to New York, Rome to Buenos Aires, Rome to Boston, Rome to Tokyo, Rome to Melbourne, Rome to Johannesburg, and Rome to Dubai, are some of the key routes of Alitalia.
What are the benefits of booking with Alitalia?
Alitalia ensures that you enjoy a seamless flying experience, by providing several top-class amenities, whether online (through its website, or mobile app), on the ground, and aboard the aircraft:
• Book online at the homepage of the airline: https://www.alitalia.com/en_en . You can also personalize you flight experience through ‘My Flights’.
• Alternatively, download and use the Alitalia app, with a dedicated section for MilleMiglia Members (Frequent Flyers Program).
• Online check-in enables you to select seats, buy ‘extra comfort seats’, print the boarding pass, and use the dedicated drop-off desks, or Business class check-in desks, at the airport. Paying for extra baggage via on-line check-in, entitles you to a 50% discount on the fee charged at the airport. There is also
• Unaccompanied minors & disabled passengers must check in at the airport check-in desk, where they will be assisted by dedicated staff. Special Assistance can be availed of by contacting Customer Center on 0665640, while booking the ticket, or 48 hours before departure.
• Pets are allowed on certain aircraft, within the EU. For detailed information check with Special Assistance Service.
• Lounges – Departing and transit passengers travelling by Magnifica and Business Class, have access to Casa Alitalia, and SkyTeam lounges at certain international airports. They can also use the Priority Gate at Rome Fiumicino airport.
Q. Does Alitalia send out email and SMS about flight status?
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. You can contact Customer Care Center, for queries from inside Italy, at 89 20 10, and, outside of Italy, call +39 06 65649.
For information about Alitalia flights, do the following:
• From Italy you can call 800 650055, which is active 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
• You can send a text message as follows "info (space) flight number (space) day (space) month" to +39 339 99 44222.