Alitalia Airlines: The Flag Carrier Airline of Italy
Alitalia Airlines is the eleventh largest airline of Europe.
What Sets Alitalia Airlines Apart
Alitalia Airlines allows you to ‘relax and travel in comfort’. Offering cheap airfares to destinations in Europe and around the world, this carrier is focused on service. You will be greeted with traditional Italian warmth. Discounts and offers only sweeten the deal. Enjoy a pleasant flight on airfares which do not break the bank.
In America, it reaches out to Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Austin, New York, Las Vegas, Miami and Seattle. Beijing, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur and Tokyo in Asia receive flights on Alitalia Airlines
. It also flies to Sydney and Melbourne in Australia. In the Middle-East, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Tehran and Tel Aviv are some of the cities which feature on its network.
Services You Can Expect
• On Alitalia Airlines, indulge in some duty-free shopping. Browse the ‘Griffair’ catalogue to decide on your purchases.
• Wi- Fi is available for a nominal fee. So you can stay connected during your flight.
• Watch movies, listen to music or play games. The in flight entertainment system ensures that time flies onboard.
• ‘Ulisse’ is the in flight magazine. Read it during the flight and take it home.
Special Meals are available to meet your specific dietary requirements. You need to request for them at least 24 hours prior to departure.
Class of Travel
Alitalia Airlines offers four classes of service.
• On Economy, snacks are served with beverages. Enjoy a Lavazza coffee on the way to your destination.
There is dedicated check-in counter for Premium Economy passengers. A night kit including a blanket and pillow is available for your convenience.
• On Business Class, a welcome drink is offered on all flights. The meals are inspired by Italian tradition. On flights departing after 12 PM, Limoncello liquor is served at the end of the meal.
• On First Class or Magnifica, relax in the lounge before your flight. The fully-horizontal seats in this class of service ensure that you arrive rested at your destination.
Awards for Alitalia Airlines
Alitalia Airlines has won the award for the ‘Best Airline Cuisine’ at the Global Traveler’s Awards, in 2014.
Q. How many Alitalia Airlines flights operate daily?
Alitalia Airlines flights ply to more than 100 destinations daily. With a substantial fleet size, the airlines serves more than 50 countries in Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Americas and the Middle-East regularly.
Q. Which are the cheapest Alitalia Airlines routes?
Fly to Bologna from Algiers with cheap one-way fares. Fly to Milan from New Delhi on Alitalia Airlines and avail their affordable return fares. Florence is easy to reach from Prague and you can also fly to Venice from Malta with reasonable return fares.
Q. What is the baggage limit for Alitalia Airlines for domestic routes including cabin baggage?
On Alitalia Airlines, as hand baggage passengers can carry one piece of hand baggage which should weigh less than 8 kg and one other personal item. Checked-in baggage allowance is as follows:
• In Economy passengers can check-in one piece of baggage which can weigh up to 23 kg.
• On Premium Class passengers can check-in two pieces of baggage which can weigh up to 23 kg per unit.
• On Business Class passengers can check-in two pieces of baggage which can weigh up to 32 kg per unit.
Q. What is the baggage limit for Alitalia Airlines for international routes including cabin baggage?
The baggage allowance for Alitalia Airlines flights plying between international cities is the same as that of domestic routes.
Q. Does Alitalia Airlines offer web check-in?
Yes, Alitalia Airlines offers web check-in
Q. Does Alitalia Airlines online seat reservation?
No, Alitalia Airlines does not currently offer online seat reservation. It can be requested for but not reserved.