Austrian Airlines Flight Status
About Austrian Airlines
The Austrian Airlines is a subsidiary airline of the Lufthansa group. The main hub of Austrian is the Vienna International Airport in Schwechat. The airline was formed in 1957, when Air Austria and Austrian Airways merged together. The Austrian Airline operates on 6 domestic and 120 international destinations in 55 countries. It hosts 86 aircrafts in its fleet. In 2008, the Government took the decision of privatizing the airlines. Accordingly, the airline was taken under the wing of the Lufthansa group.
Why should you choose Austrian Airlines?
Flying with Austrian Airlines gives you an experience of complete comfort and ease. Easy booking services, web check-in facility, easy upgrades, seat reservation option, along with extra legroom and additional baggage facilities make flying with Austrian Airlines a pleasant experience.
The delectable in-flight meals, online meal selection option, in-flight entertainment, DO &CO a la carte menu, travel insurance, and other passenger-friendly services compel you to fly with Austrian Airlines.
How do you check flight status for Austrian Airlines?
To check your flight status, enter the following website: www.austrian.com
• Once you log on to the website, click on the flight status tab. A new dialogue box will open.
• Fill in your flight details in the respective spaces and click on search.
• Enter your flight route, flight number, and airport details in the following boxes respectively and press ‘search’.
• Your flight information will be displayed on the screen.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case your flight is canceled, you are entitled to get compensation from the airlines.
• The airline will provide you with an alternate flight, or depending on the time when the passengers were informed about the • cancellation, you are entitled to get a cash refund of up to €600.
• Depending on other situations, that is if another flight is arranged, the compensation may be reduced to 50%.
• You are eligible for a refund if you reach your destination 3 or 4 hours late.
Key routes of Austrian Airlines
Vienna to Frankfurt, Vienna to Zurich, and Vienna to Munich are some key routes of Austrian Airlines.
What are the benefits of booking with Austrian Airlines?
• You can find plenty of benefits of flying with Austrian Airlines. Some of the key benefits include:
• Seat and cabin design: You can find a renewed seat and cabin design in the Austrian Airlines fleet of Airbus for business and economy classes. There also a chef on board who prepares meals for the business classes on long-duration flights.
• Relaxation: The Austrian Airlines operates several lounges which cater to the relaxing needs of the passengers who are waiting for their flights. Three business, two Senator, and two Hon-Circle lounges are operated by the airline in Vienna. Domodedovo International Airport also has a lounge operated by the Austrian Airlines.
• Children Amenities: The Austrian airlines take good care of their young passengers and tends to their needs carefully. For long flights, kid’s favorite meals like pasta can be ordered free of charge, prams and buggies are also allowed on the aircraft. A Family Fun Gate is also set up at the ‘F’ gate at the airport, where kids can enjoy on slides, climbing walls, and more.
• Traveling with the pets: The Austrian Airlines also allows you to travel with your pet under guided instructions and weights followed by proper containers and cages.
• Senior citizens are also taken care of by the airlines. Wheelchairs are provided for their transport with prior notice. Medical aids are also provided on board.
Q. Does Austrian Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, Austrian Airlines sends out emails and SMS alerts about the status of their flights.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. If there is any change in the flight schedule, you will be notified at least 24 hours prior to your flight.
Q. What information will Austrian Airlines flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts from Austrian Airlines inform you of any delay or cancellation of your flight or changed boarding gates.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. In case you don’t receive an email or an SMS alert on your flight status, you can get in touch with Austrian Airlines through one of the following ways:
• Contact the airlines via their internet support numbers: +43 5 1766 1061 (worldwide), +43 5 1766 1001 (Austria).
• Log on to this website for more details. https://www.austrian.com/Contact/
• Get in touch with Austrian Airlines through social media on their Facebook page or on Twitter . Their teams are available 24/7 to solve your queries.