Avianca Airlines Flight Status
About Avianca Airlines
Avianca Airlines is the national airline of Colombia and specializes in passenger transportation and air cargo. Initially, it was registered under the name Colombian-German Air Transport Society (SCADTA) and is wholly owned by Synergy Group SA. Its main operational hub is at El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia. The airline is the second oldest airline in the world after KLM Airline. It is the member of the Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline network, since June 2012. It operates around 6000 weekly flights, has a fleet of 172 aircraft, and connects to more than 1,300 destinations in 192 countries across the globe. The airline has received the Best Airline in Latin America at the 2017 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards.
Why should you choose Avianca Airlines?
Avianca Airlines offers comfortable seating options for Business Class passengers in its aircraft, such as Boeing 787, Airbus A330, and Airbus A320. The airline offers several benefits through Fare Options in terms of Super Promo, Econo, Flexi, Business Promo, and Business plans for both national and international flights. Economy class service include in-flight and meals options. You can select from a wide selection of movies, television series, games, and magazines. The airline provides meals according to passenger’s dietary requirements without any extra cost. Passenger can enjoy on-board duty-free service for several items, including skin care products, jewelry, sweets, liquors, and more.
How do you check flight status for Avianca Airlines?
To check the status of Avianca Airlines flight, log on to the official website of Avianca Airlines
• Select Flight Status from the Airline’s homepage.
• You need to enter either Route or Flight Number by date.
• Information showing Flight Code, Status, Scheduled Departure Time, Confirmed Departure Time, Estimated Arrival Time, and Confirmed Arrival time will be displayed on your screen.
What does Avianca Airlines do in case of flight cancelation?
In case of a canceled flight, Avianca Airlines provides adequate compensation in cash and kind to its passengers. Some of these include the following:
• Rerouting to the pre-decided destination through some other flight as indicated by Avianca Airlines, depending on the availability of seats and the day you wish to fly.
• Option to receive a reimbursement for the canceled flight.
Key routes of Avianca Airlines
Colombia to Boston, Colombia to Miami, Colombia to New York, and Colombia to Los Angeles are some of the key routes of Avianca Airlines.
What are the benefits of booking with Avianca Airlines?
Amongst the host of benefits offered by Avianca Airlines to make the journey convenient for travelers of all ages, here are some of the significant ones:
• Frequent flyer LifeMiles programme offers several benefits to its members including priority check-in and boarding, access to Avianca VIP lounges, and preferential phone assistance.
• Web Check-In option allows travelers to check-in from 24 hours before the flight.
• Special assistance for passengers with disabilities and pregnant women.
• Avianca Travel Smart Services to travelers for lounge day pass, additional baggage, sports equipment, pets on board, preferred seat, unaccompanied minors, and travel insurance.
Airline’s Exchange Program reservation offers travelers the convenience of purchasing national and international tickets through it’s • Star Alliance and partner airlines route network.
Q. Does Avianca Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. You can get in touch with Avianca Airlines through one of the following ways:
• Contact their Web Support throughout the week on their helpline number: (01 8000) 95-3434 (toll free national number from landlines), (031) 401-3434 (free cell phones in Colombia), (0 800) 0314-206?(Europe), (34 900) 802-500?(Spain), and 0800941048 (France).
• Online chat service at http://www.avianca.com/cr/en/contact-us.
• Get in touch with Avianca Airlines through social media on their Facebook page where you can chat with Carla virtual assistant or on Twitter . Carla will help you with travel related queries.