China Airlines (CAL), founded in 1959, is the flag carrier, and largest airline of the Republic of China (Taiwan). Its headquarters, CAL Park, is situated in the premises of the Taoyuan International Airport (in Taipei), which is its main hub. CAL is a part of the SkyTeam airline alliance. Its subsidiaries are -- domestic carrier Mandarin Airlines, low-cost carrier Tigerair Taiwan, and China Airlines Cargo. It operates 1400 weekly flights across Asia, Europe, North America, and Oceania. In total, (including codeshare and cargo), China Airlines flies 83 aircraft, to 152 destinations, in 29 countries/districts, as of Aug 31, 2017.
Why should you choose China Airlines?
China Airlines offers some of the most convenient flight deals to Asia, due to Taiwan’s global positioning as a natural gateway between North America and Southeast Asia.
China Airlines strives to provide for its patrons, a “journey with a caring smile”. CAL is the exclusive airline in Asia to offer Family Couch (three or more chairs in the same row, adjusted as a sofa-style couch), on board the B777/A350 aircraft, to select destinations in the US and Europe. Business Class travelers can savor the ambience of the Sky Lounge, and enjoy ample personal space, specially designed menus, and amenity kits, onboard. The refurbished Economy cabins have an Oriental ambience.
The in-flight entertainment system, Fantasy Sky, features movies, TV shows, CD albums, and music shows to keep you entertained.
Wi-Fi can be purchased onboard, with a 10% discount for Dynasty Members (Frequent Flyer Program).
How do you check flight status for China Airlines?
To check the flight status of any China Airlines flight, do the following:
• Log on to the official homepage at: https://www.china-airlines.com/us/en#
• Click on the Flight Status tab on the top right-hand corner.
• In the Flight Status page, select either Flight Route, Flight Number, or Airport. Fill in the required details, and click on Search Flight.
The flight status is displayed, and you also have the option to receive notifications about your flight, by selecting Flight Messaging.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case of a canceled flight, the airline:
• Rearranges a flight to your destination as early as possible, or
• Makes provisions for a flight at a later time based on your convenience, or
• Refunds the full cost of your ticket, without any fine or handling charge, or
• Arranges for telephone/telegram/fax services to your destination.
• CAL also provides the following:
• Refreshments, meals, and hotel accommodations while you wait, based on their policies.
• Access to the airport VIP lounge.
• Compensation for denied boarding, if possible.
Popular routes of China Airlines
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) to Amsterdam, TPE to Frankfurt, TPE to Tokyo, TPE to Honolulu, TPE to San Francisco, TPE to Guam, and TPE to Brisbane are some of the popular key routes of China Airlines.
What are the benefits of booking with China Airlines?
China Airlines provides several amenities that makes it a travel-friendly airline:
• The online booking system, web check-in, and In-Town check-in at Taipei Main Station, before boarding at the airport, are all designed to make travelling by CAL, a hassle-free experience.
• CAL offers assistance to unaccompanied minors, the disabled, and the aural/visual impaired. For visually-impaired passengers traveling alone, China Airlines will arrange staff at the destination point, to pick them up. Others need to raise their requirements during reservation, and CAL will address them accordingly. Such persons, as well as those carrying seat-blocking baggage, or using a wheelchair, are advised to complete check-in 2 hours prior to departure.
• Pre-booking is available for ‘disability assistance’. Most aircraft have specially equipped toilets, and onboard wheelchairs. Passengers can also avail of aisle seats, and seats with movable arm-rests.
• VIP Lounge access is available for Premium travelers.
China Airlines FAQs:
Q. Does China Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
Yes. Flight status
alerts will be sent via SMS, to your phone, for any irregular flight time change, of departure or arrival, of the flight selected by you. This service is available to anyone who applies for it, 7 days prior to, and 3 hours, before the flight departure.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
These alerts will be sent, within 30 minutes of confirmation of flight time irregularities, such as delay, or rescheduling of flights
Q. What information will China Airlines flight status alert contain?
A. Flight status notifications will contain information pertaining to rescheduling, delay, or cancellation of flights.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
One can contact Customer Care hotline at the China Air office in Taipei, Taiwan:
• (Taiwan) 412-9000
• Timings: Mon-Fri (GMT+8) 08:00 -18:30. Sat, Sun, Public Holiday (GMT+8) 08:30 - 17:30
• One can also visit their Facebook page.