Finnair Flight Status
Finnair is the flag carrier airline of Finland and has its primary hub and headquarters in Helsinki Airport, located in Vantaa, Finland. The airline specializes in carrying passengers are cargo between Europe and Asia and flies to 17, 4, and over 70 destinations in Asia, U.S., and Europe, respectively. Finnair is the 6th oldest airline in the world and started operations in 1923. It has been the winner of the Skytrax ‘Best Airline in Northern Europe’ award for 7 consecutive years since 2010. It also won the title of Best European Airline in the TTG Annual Travel Awards in 2017. Finnair is the only Nordic airline to have received a four-star rating from Skytrax, since 2009. The airline is modern and eco-smart, because of which there are less fuel consumption, emission, and noise.
Why should you choose Finnair?
One of the many reasons for choosing Finnair is the Nordic Sky Wi-Fi portal that lets you connect your electronic devices and browse the internet. Champagne, chocolates, and surprises are arranged for passengers on their birthdays and special occasions, on request. Also, passengers are provided with a wide choice of food and wine, including designer menus and pre-order facility for Business Class passengers. Also, the Business Class is equipped with lie-flat seats to provide utmost comfort to the passengers. Other services like special assistance to the physically handicapped and ill persons are provided by the airline if requested.
How do you check flight status for Finnair?
Log on to the official website of Finnair- www.finnair.com to check the status of a flight.
• Select your location (or the language that you prefer).
• On the homepage, click on the Book Flights tab and enter the source, destination, and other information about the flight you’re looking for.
• Click on Find Flights and you will have the information displayed.
What should you do in case of flight cancellation?
Finnair provides help and assistance in many ways and refunds to the passengers in case their flights are canceled.
• Passengers can claim compensation up to 600 Euros if there is a flight delay of more than 3 hours. Compensation can also be claimed if a flight is canceled.
• Finnair arranges an alternative flight and itinerary for the passengers in case a flight is canceled. The passengers can postpone their trip to a later date, subject to the validity of the tickets. As another option, they can claim a refund.
• Food, accommodation, and transportation are arranged for the convenience of the passengers.
Key routes of Finnair
Some key routes of Finnair are Vantaa to Barcelona, Vantaa to Chania, and Vantaa to Gazipasa.
What are the benefits of booking with Finnair?
• Finnair flies between Asia and Europe using the shortest routes and reduces the travel time.
• You can shop on-board for gifts and souvenirs from the Finnair Shop.
• Business and Economy Comfort classes let the passengers choose their seats.
• Passengers traveling in Finnair have access to Finnair lounges at Helsinki Airport. Lounge access can be obtained by passengers who do not have permit to free entrance.
• Finnair provides various benefits to passengers who are part of the Finnair Plus frequent flyer program. You can earn and use points on the flight.
• Online check-in (from computer or phone) options open 36 hours before the flight for the convenience of the passengers. Online check-in for flights operating to and from USA open 24 hours before the flight. Also, there are self-service check-in kiosks in some airports.
Q. Does Finnair send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes. Finnair sends out text messages and e-mails about the flight status.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. Alert messages are sent out when there are flight cancellations or changes in flight schedules.
Q. What information will Finnair flight status alert contain?
A. Flight status alerts contain information regarding the changed flight schedule.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. If you do not receive an e-mail or text alert, you can contact Finnair by the following ways:
• You can call on the customer service numbers: +358 9 818 0800 (Finland) and +91 12 4467 1111 (Gurgaon, India)
• Finnair can be contacted on social media- @Finnairhelps on Twitter or on their Facebook page.