Flydubai Airlines: Committed to Quality Affordable Travel
Based out of Dubai, the Flydubai Airlines
is a state-owned budget carrier with operations in the Terminal 2 of the Dubai International Airport
. Out of Dubai, Flydubai flights
ply to over 90 destinations across the Middle East, Africa, Europe and Asia. In order to make your
Flydubai Airlines online booking
, you need to begin your search for your respective destination about three months ahead of your date of journey.
About Flydubai Airlines
The most well-known fact about Flydubai Airlines
is that it is wholly owned by the Government of Dubai that came into being as recently as 2009. It is deemed to be the second largest carrier in terms of passenger numbers functioning out of the Dubai International Airport. The airline expects its fleet to grow by about 236 Boeing 737 aircraft, but more importantly, it prides itself in offering a diverse crew who have been hired from as many as 128 countries, reflective of the cosmopolitan nature of Dubai. After opening up routes across Central Asia, Africa, Middle East, Europe, Southeast Asia and the Indian Subcontinent, the airlines intends to add more destinations to its already extensive network. Flydubai aspires to provide more direct flights, better in-flight amenities and an improved frequency in the days to come. Aside from riding the next generation Boeing 737-800 with its spacious, comfortable seats and inbuilt audio and video entertainment system, you can treat yourself to an internationally-inspired menu on flights over 90 minutes. Some of the significant destinations catered by the airline include Djibouti, Somaliland, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Uganda and Tanzania among others. Among its new routes are Krabi, Naples, Tashkent, Sochi, Kozhikode, and Yangon. All these flights take off from Dubai.
Travel classes aboard a Flydubai Airways flight
The perks of flying Business Class begin the moment you arrive at the airport until you land and receive your baggage at the arrival airport. The Business Class is available aboard Boeing 737-800 offering wider chairs with ample legroom and the best relaxation for your neck and shoulder on these fine Italian leather seat. There are several on-air Wi-Fi packages you can choose from to help you stay in touch with your friends, family or office while you are flying. You can even turn your seat into a personal workspace by opening the fold out desk. Additionally, you are also entitled to your personal 12.1 inch touchscreen monitor letting you tune into your favourite television show or movie. Take your pick from an assortment of sumptuous meals and snacks and hot and cold beverages. Customised to suit different palate, the internationally-inspired menu serves up wholesome breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, this largely depends on the destination you are travelling to and the duration of your flight. Your Business Class ticket gives you access to the Flydubai Business Lounge in the Terminal 2 of the Dubai International Airport, which is a two-storey exclusive space offering all comforts from hot meals, snacks, complimentary Wi-Fi, LCD television among other amenities. Also, there are dedicated Business Class check-in desks at the airport providing you fast-track priority service at both the security gate and baggage collection.
The seats of Economy Class aboard Flydubai are ergonomically designed ensuring the highest comfort and design. It comes with a seat-pocket at the top of your chair to give you better legroom. In fact by paying a small fee you can even opt for a seat with extra leg space. There is a vast food and beverage menu and you can order from it. However, aboard selected flights you can even order your hot meal ahead of boarding the flight. There is a HD touchscreen television fitted to the back of every seat offering you entertainment in the form of blockbuster movies, television series, music, news and games. You can even buy a Wi-Fi package on-board and access the internet on your mobile, laptop or tablet. This includes an option to shop for a Live TV package on-board.
Benefits of flying Flydubai Airways
- Without the hassle of collecting your baggage and displaying a UAE visa, you can transfer to another Flydubai flight in Dubai on a Flydubai connecting service.
- Flydubai covers a vast spread of regions across Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent, UAE and South East Asia.
- You can fly with the airlines if you are an expecting mother up to the end of your 28th week of pregnancy. In case you decide to still fly after your 28th week, you need to furnish a pregnancy certificate from your midwife or doctor. This certificate will be checked before you are allowed to board the flight. At any rate you are not allowed to travel from the 37 week onward of your pregnancy.
- On the Business Class of Flydubai you are served complimentary hot meals and both hot and cold beverages. The menu is internationally-inspired and made with the freshest of produce. On Economy Class if you are travelling with a Flex or Value fare, you are served complimentary meals on-board. In case you are flying in the Lite fare category you can pre-order your meal ahead of your flight from a choice of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. A selection of snacks and beverages are available for purchase on all flights.
- You can now choose from seats with an extra legroom, an aisle or window seat by reserving it for a nominal fee and travel to your destination in comfort. You could be a business traveller who would like to work during the flight or are a family who would prefer to be seated together, an elderly passenger, or are travelling with kids, your personal seat requirement can easily be catered to during your flight booking.
- You can buy a Wi-Fi package on-board and access your emails, use the social media, catch up on news, send out emails or simply browse the web. Take your pick from an All-Flight or a 30-minute Pass that lets you use the internet through the flight and just 30 minutes from the time of purchase respectively. Using the Airtime Inflight Wi-Fi portal you can play free games and even monitor the flight’s progress.
- Treat yourself to some duty-free shopping on-air by browsing through Fludubai’s duty-free magazine that offers a range of perfume, jewellery, toys and some interesting souvenirs.
- On-board Economy Class, you have the choice to buy in-flight entertainment package and enjoy your favourite television shows, play games, watch popular movies, listen to music. On-board Business Class, however, you are offered complimentary audio and visual entertainment from an elaborate package of movies, television shows, games and music. All this can be enjoyed on your personal 12.1 inch touchscreen.
Flydubai Airlines flight status
To check the Flydubai Airlines flight status
, you need to feed your arrival or departure airport name and date of journey. Else you can simply enter the flight number and date of journey to get a real time update on your flight.
Flydubai Airlines online booking
The easiest way to make your Flydubai Airlines online booking
is by first selecting whether it is a one-way or return trip. Further on, enter origin destination and onward destination, date of departure and number of passengers. From the subsequent result, choose the timing and the airfare that best suits you, enter all passenger details and confirm the booking.
Flydubai Airlines web check in
For your Flydubai Airlines web check in
, you need to do it between 48 hours and 90 minutes ahead of your flight’s scheduled departure time. You need to enter your booking reference number followed by name of the departing city, your last name and check-in from the range of seats still up for grabs. Once you have checked-in online you can proceed straight to the security gate in case you do not have any baggage to check-in.
Flydubai Airlines flight PNR status
The most effective way to check your Flydubai Airlines flight PNR status
is by feeding in your arrival or departure airport names and the date of the journey. By clicking on search flights you will get the latest update on your airlines PNR status.
Flydubai Airlines baggage allowance
The Flydubai Airlines baggage allowance
for Economy Class is different from Business Class. If you are flying on an Economy Class ticket, you can carry one item of hand baggage that does not weigh more than 7 kg. Additionally, you can carry a laptop bag, or any small bag whose dimensions do not exceed 25 cm X 33 cm X 20 cm. The total weight of your carry-on baggage should not exceed 10 kg. For those travelling Business Class, you are entitled to two pieces of hand baggage with a combined weight of 14 kg. Each item needs be lesser than 55 cm X 38 cm X 20 cm so that it can be stowed away in the overhead cabinets. For passengers travelling with infants, you are allowed 10 kg of check-in baggage and 5 kg of hand baggage. For your check-in baggage aboard Economy Class, the limit is 3 items as long as their combined weight is no more than 32 kg with specifications under 75 cm X 55 cm X 35 cm. On a Business Class ticket too you can check-in 3 items of baggage whose combined weight is no more than 40 kg.
Flydubai Airlines customer care
There is no local Flydubai Airlines customer care
number. You need to call up on the UAE number at +971 600 54 44 45 for any queries related to flight booking.
Flydubai Airlines top sectors
With flights to around 104 destinations around Africa, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent, South East Asia, Central Asia, UAE and Europe, it is a bit hard to define Flydubai Airlines top sectors
. However, among its most busiest sectors are flights from the Dubai International Airport and Al-Maktoum International Airport (DWC) to Kuwait, Muscat, Doha, Amman, Beirut, Chittagong, and Kathmandu among others.