Germanwings Flight Status
Founded in the year 1997, Germanwings is a low-cost German airline, which became a complete subsidiary of Lufthansa in 2009. Its headquarter is located at Cologne Bonn Airport and the airline currently flies to over 80 destinations worldwide. Initially operating independently, Germanwings merged with Eurowings in the early 2016. Currently, the airline operates under the brand name of Eurowings with Germanwings flight numbers. With a fleet-size of 44, the airline has its hubs at various locations such as Stuttgart Airport, Hamburg Airport, and Berlin Tegel Airport.
Why should you choose Germanwings?
Germanwings is a budget airline offering a host of services that make your journey enjoyable. The airline provides three types of fare options to passengers that include Basic, Best, and Smart. Basic is the cheapest without any complimentary snacks and allows only hand baggage, while Best has free snacks and drinks with luggage facility and Smart category provides premium services with lounge access. In-flight services include Wings Bistro, which offers a wide variety of food and drinks at affordable prices and Wings Shop offers a delightful shopping experience. Their in-flight entertainment facility allows passengers to enjoy movies, games, and songs.
How do you check flight status for Germanwings?
The flight status for Germanwings can be checked in the official website of Eurowings at https://www.eurowings.com/en/information/flight-status.html. Follow the below steps to check the flight status either by flight number or by the route.
• Check the status by Route, by entering the Departure Airport, the Destination Airport, and the travel date. Click on Show Flight Status to know the details of your flight.
• To check the status by flight number, enter the flight number and the travel date. Click on Show Flight Status and know the details of your flight.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
Germanwings takes all necessary measures to mitigate any inconvenience arising due to flight cancellations by the airline. Some of them are:
• Rebook in the same airline or any of its partner airlines at the earliest.
• Refund the complete amount in case the passengers want a cancellation of the journey.
• Supplementary services that include transport and accommodation as per requirement during the waiting period.
Key routes of Germanwings
Berlin to Cologne/Bonn, Cologne/Bonn to London Heathrow, Berlin to Stuttgart, Cologne/Bonn to Hannover, and Cologne/Bonn to Hamburg are some of the popular routes of Germanwings airlines.
What are the benefits of booking with Germanwings?
Germanwings provides a range of benefits to help the passengers have a safe and pleasant travel. Some of the benefits include:
• Miles & More: Miles & More is the frequent flyer program of Germanwings that offers benefits to any booking done with the airline or its partner airlines. The program offers rewards and several facilities through the three types of miles that the program provides called Award Miles, Status Miles, and HON Circle Miles.
• Blind Booking: This feature calls for adventure right from the step of booking tickets. Blind booking enables you to book tickets without knowing the destination, where you choose the departure Airport and choices of destinations are given. The destination is displayed after you have finished the booking and this feature offers you a low-cost trip ticket to an exotic destination even at the last minute.
• Book add-ons: This facility helps you to add extra services to your booking. Some of the services include extra or special luggage (golfing equipment, bicycles, surfboards, and so on), transport of pets, boarding with a wheelchair, and assistance required for the needy.
• Services for Children: Unaccompanied children are provided full-time support in the airport and onboard, and are also provided with free snacks and water. Special discounts on bookings for children, allowance of booster seats, pushchair, and other items as per the travel chart are some of the other features of services provided for children.
Q. Does Germanwings send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. If there is a cancellation, Germanwings sends out free emails and SMS alerts about the status of their flights.
Q. When will one receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. Germanwings keeps you informed about any change in the original flight schedules.
Q. What information will Germanwings flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts from Germanwings update you about any delay in your flight, cancellation of your flight, or any other change in the flight schedule.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. If you don't receive an email or an SMS alert on your flight status from Germanwings, you can touch base with them through the following ways:
• The call center is open from 0.00 a.m. – 12.00 midnight (CET). Call at: +44 (0) 330 365 1918.
• Get in touch through social media pages of Facebook , Twitter , or Instagram .