Hong Kong Airlines Flight Status
About Hong Kong Airlines
Hong Kong Airlines is based in Hong Kong with its headquarters at One Citygate, Tung Chung district, Lantau, and its main hub at Hong
Kong International Airport, Chek Lap Kok. Hong Kong Airlines, a full-service airline, was established in 2006. The airline has a wide destination network
across the Asia Pacific region and North America, and operates flights to about 40 major cities including Gold Coast, Auckland,
Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Sapporo, Seoul, Bangkok, Bali, and Okinawa, along with the newly launched flight to Vancouver in 2017. The
airline has been receiving the highly-esteemed 4-star rating from Skytrax since 2011.
Why should you choose Hong Kong Airlines?
• Hong Kong Airlines offers Business Class cabin service which provides passengers with a five-star premium service including
priority check-in and boarding, extra baggage allowance, inflight gourmet meals, luxurious flatbed seat, priority baggage
delivery, access to VIP lounges at different airports, an exclusive amenity kit, and 1.5 times frequent flyer points with each
• Hong Kong Airlines offers Economy Class cabin service, which provides passengers with an up-to-date inflight entertainment
system with television and video programs, a variety of meals with gourmet choices, and inflight shopping with its inflight duty-free
• Hong Kong Airlines offers Self-Bag Drop (SBD) service for passengers departing from Hong Kong International Airport, but
subject to conditions.
• Hong Kong Airlines offers its Airpass service with discounts on fares, catering to passengers making multiple trips.
• Hong Kong Airlines’ Corporate Travel Program provides travel solutions to business travelers.
• Hong Kong Airlines offers a pre-purchased baggage service.
• The airline’s inflight magazine is Aspire and makes for a goof read when air-borne.
How do you check flight status for Hong Kong
Log on to the official website of Hong Kong Airlines www.hongkongairlines.com to check the status of any Hong Kong Airlines
• Click on Flight Status.
• Check status By Route: Enter ‘From’ and ‘To’ destinations, select ‘Depart on’ date, and click on ‘Check Status’. The screen
will display the relevant information.
• Check status By Flight No.: Enter ‘Flight No.’ and select ‘Depart on’ date. The screen will display the relevant
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In the event of flight delay, cancellation or diversion that lasts more than 30 minutes, the airline will notify passengers within 30
minutes of flight disruption. Flight status updates will be provided in the boarding gate area, on the airline website, and through
the telephone reservation system.
As per the Hong Kong Airlines Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan that applies to all scheduled and public charter flights that depart from
or arrive at any U.S. airport, adequate food and water will be provided within two hours of flight disruption.
Which are the key routes of Hong Kong Airlines?
Hong Kong Airlines’ key routes include Hong Kong to Beijing, Hong Kong to Shanghai, and Hong Kong to Bangkok.
What are the benefits of booking with Hong Kong Airlines?
• Hong Kong Airlines offers online check-in services, checking-in through mobile and getting mobile boarding passes.
• Hong Kong Airlines offers reserving a preferred seat for an extra charge.
• Hong Kong Airlines offers lounge services for its premium passengers at various airports including Club Bauhinia at Hong Kong
• Hong Kong Airlines offers its frequent flyer program, Fortune Wings Club, through which passengers can earn and redeem air
miles or points for award tickets, upgrade, hotel stays, or travel products.
Q. Does Hong Kong Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, Hong Kong Airlines sends out notification on flight status via SMS and email.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. Hong Kong Airlines will send out flight status alerts whenever there is a flight delay, cancellation, or
reschedule and to remind eligible passengers when online check-in opens, which is 36 hours before flight departure.
Q. What information will Hong Kong Airlines flight status alert contain?
A. Hong Kong Airlines’ flight status alerts will notify passengers about flight delay/ cancellation/ reschedule,
or notification about online check-in.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
• You can contact the local office of the airline in the city or at the airport via telephone.
• The address and contact numbers are displayed on Hong Kong Airlines website when you click on Contact Us.
• Communicate with Hong Kong Airlines through social media on their Facebook page.