ICELANDAIR flight status
Icelandair, which traces its roots to the 1937 airline, Flugfélag Akureyrar, is the main airline of Iceland. It was established in 1979, with the merger of Flugfélag and Loftleiðir, with its main hub at at Keflavík International Airport in Iceland.
Because it’s situated midway between North Europe and the eastern coast of the USA, Iceland is ideal for one-stop trans-Atlantic flights. Icelandair connects 26 gateways in Europe along with 18 in North America, of which some flights are seasonal. It also codeshares with many airlines.
Icelandair was named as the Regional Airline of the Year for 2016, at the CAPA Aviation Awards for Excellence awards ceremony, in Amsterdam.
Why should you choose Icelandair?
Icelandair provides convenient, cross-Atlantic flights that are safe and punctual, with exceptional onboard service. Economy is characterized by quality at an affordable price. Enjoy free soft drinks and beverages, with reasonably priced meals and wines, and complimentary meals for children. Children also get pillows, blankets, free headsets, and various children’s’ movies, on the inflight entertainment system, AVOD. AVOD is free for all classes, and includes seatback and touch-screen monitors for each passenger. On-board Wi-Fi -- Icelandair Internet Access, can be purchased on any Icelandair aircraft equipped with the same.
Economy Comfort comes with lounge access, seats with more leg-room, and pre-ordered complimentary meals. In Saga Class, enjoy priority check-in and lounge access. Onboard, indulge yourself with a with a pre-flight drink, hot towels, and duvet cover for overnight journeys. A selection of delectable wines and gourmet meals, along with an amenity kit are some added benefits.
The in-flight store, Saga Shop, offers a wide range of excellent products, such as perfumes, accessories, jewelry, and sweets, at duty-free prices. Passengers can make in-flight purchases through credit cards, debit cards, and Saga points. Icelandair is a cashless airline.
How do you check flight status for Icelandair?
To check flight status of any Icelandair flight, do the following:
• Log on to the official homepage at: http://www.icelandair.com/
• Click on Routemap, at the top-right hand corner. Next, select the tab Information, then Travel Guide, and finally click on Flight Status: http://www.icelandair.us/information/travel-guide/flight-status/. Therein, fill in the relevant information, either selecting Search by Route or, search by Flight Number. The current status of the flight will be shown.
• You also have the option to view and download the Icelandair Timetable, for easy future reference.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case of flight disruptions like delay, or cancelation, the airline offers assistance, by providing:
Meals/refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time.
Hotel accommodation in case of an overnight stay.
Ticket refund. However, if travelling on two separate tickets, Icelandair´s liability will not cover that flight connection.
Passengers are required to contact the concerned airline.
Key routes of Icelandair
Icelandair has key flights via Keflavík International Airport to Europe, USA, and Canada. These include to and from destinations, such as Amsterdam, Barcelona, London, Paris, Toronto, Boston, Seattle, Oslo, Copenhagen, Munich, Madrid, Chicago, Vancouver, and Zurich.
What are the benefits of booking with Icelandair?
• Icelandair strives to provide excellent service, and has several amenities that ensure the same, on the ground, as well as onboard:Online booking comes with personalized services through My Flights, such as seat selection, pre-ordering meals, purchasing extra baggage, and changing flight dates.
• Online check-in is available for flights to and from Europe and Canada, within 36 hours of departure. For flights to and from USA, check-in is available within 24 hours. Online check-in is not available to Aberdeen and Belfast.
All Icelandair flights, have the Icelandair Stopover program whereby passengers can stopover for 7 nights in Iceland, at no additional charge.
• Tickets for Unaccompanied minors cannot be booked online; contact Icelandair Reservations at Tel: 1-800-223-5500. Also, the tickets should be confirmed three days in advance, and they should be checked in by an adult guardian with document proofs.
• Fill an online form, or call 800-779-2899 for wheelchair assistance, escort assistance for the visually impaired, and stowage assistance. Pets can travel in crates provided by the passenger/owner.
• Lounges – Icelandair Saga Lounge at Keflavík airport, is a truly rejuvenating experience in classic Nordic style, with showers, restaurants, cozy fire-place, free Wi-fi, kids playing area, and stunning panoramic views.
Q. Does Icelandair send out email and SMS about flight status?
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. For flight information, contact Icelandair service desk, which is open 24/7 at +354 5050100. Alternately connect with them on Facebook Messenger, or Twitter.
One can also contact Customer Care at the below address:
• Icelandair North America.
• 1900 Crown Colony Drive Quincy,
• MA 02169.