About KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
One of the leading European network carriers, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines was founded on October 7, 1919 for the Netherlands and its Colonies. KLM stands for Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij in Dutch. It is the oldest airline in the world, still operating under its original name. KLM has been the part of Air France since May 2004 and together they operate three main businesses including Cargo, Passenger Business, and Engineering and Maintenance. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands is the main operational hub for KLM. Air France-KLM Group handles 77 million passengers each year and operates 573 aircraft to 243 destinations in 103 countries. KLM received the “Best Airline” award for Dutch leisure travel, the Nederlandse Vakantie Awards in 2017.
Why should you choose KLM Royal Dutch Airlines?
Passengers traveling with the KLM in World Business Class can enjoy several privileges, such as in-seat power and privacy canopy, 180 degrees reclinable seats, and personal entertainment system. World Business Class passengers are presented with a Delft Blue miniature traditional Dutch house, filled with Dutch gin, genever. Passengers traveling within Europe with the airline’s Europe Business Class can enjoy the ease of fully flexible booking, seat with extra legroom, and a delicious 3-course meal. The airline ensures a comfortable journey for its Economy Class passengers with the options to check-in through a mobile phone, at a self-service kiosk or at the desk, onboard shopping, ergonomically designed seat, and mouth-watering food.
There are many options for passengers to enjoy in-flight entertainment, such as television programmes, language courses, KLM music specials, kid’s channels, audio books, and games. Travelers can also get a last-minute upgrade at discounted price while checking in at the website or at a kiosk at the airport.
How do you check flight status for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines?
To check the status of any KLM flight, log on to the official website of KLM www.klm.com/in.
• Click on the Prepare for travel option on the homepage.
• Select live arrival and departure times.
• Enter the origin and destination sources or flight number and then click Search. The scheduled arrival and departure times will be displayed on your screen.
What should you do in case of flight cancellation?
In case of a canceled flight, KLM provides adequate compensation to its passengers:
• Option to receive a reimbursement up to 600€ for the canceled flight.
• Option to exchange vouchers received due to cancellation, delay, denied boarding or downgrading for cash or as credit for booking your next flight.
• Free of cost refreshments and meals, 2 telephone calls, and emails or fax when the flight is delayed for 2 hours.
Popular routes of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Amsterdam to New York, Amsterdam to San Francisco, and Amsterdam to Chicago are some of the key routes of KLM.
What are the benefits of booking with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines?
Amongst the host of benefits offered by KLM to make the journey convenient for travelers of all ages, here are some of the significant ones:
• The airline offers special children’s meals on intercontinental KLM flights without any extra cost, free baby food, and special in-flight entertainment for children.
• Passengers can relax at one of the several lounges operated by KLM across the world including KLM Crown Lounges at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and KLM Crown Lounges in Toronto and Houston.
• Passengers traveling with a certain medical condition who require care during flight can request special assistance through KLM CARES.
• Flying Blue programme of KLM allows frequent travelers to earn points and spend them on flights, hotel stays, car rentals and much more.
KLM FAQs :
Q. Does KLM Royal Dutch Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
Yes, through KLM Connect service, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
sends out free emails and SMS alerts about the status of their flights.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. You will receive real-time alerts 24/7 from KLM about any change in the original flight schedules.
Q. What information will KLM flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts from KLM will keep you informed about any delay in your flight, cancellation of your flight, change in boarding gates, or delayed baggage delivery.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
In case you do not receive an email or an SMS alert on your flight status, you can get in touch with KLM through one of the following ways :
- Contact their Service Centre on their helpline number: 1-866-434-0320.
- Get in touch with KLM through social media on their Facebook page or on Twitter