LAN-Chile Airlines Flight Status
About LATAM Chile
Formerly called LAN Airlines, LATAM Chile or LATAM Airlines is Latin America’s largest airline. It was taken over by LAN of Brazilian TAM Airlines in 2012. The two airlines were completely rebranded in 2015 and the new airline was renamed as LATAM Chile, in May 2016. The airline’s primary hub is the Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport in Pudahuel, 15 km from downtown Santiago, Chile. In the 2015 Skytrax awards, LATAM Airlines won the ‘Best Airline in South America’ and ‘Best Service in South America’ awards.
Why should you choose LATAM Chile?
LATAM Airlines are one of the best airlines to travel by, because of the services, convenience, and comfort that it offers to all the passengers. Needs of the aged passengers and passengers with reduced mobility are taken care of by providing wheelchairs, special check-ins, priority baggage pick-up, medical services, and other facilities. Special assistance is offered to pregnant women, unaccompanied children, and passengers traveling with children. LATAM Airlines offers special menus for children, meals for the diabetic, and diet meals if needed. You can download the LATAM Entertainment App to enjoy a wide collection TV series, movies, and children’s programs during the flight by connecting to the Wi-Fi. LATAM’s Airbus 350 and Boeing 767, 777, and 787 have individual screens with many movies, games, etc. You can purchase perfumes, cosmetics, and more from the Onboard Sales catalog. Apart from all this, LATAM Airlines provides additional luxury options to passengers traveling in the First and Business travel classes.
How do you check flight status for LATAM Chile?
Log on to the official website of LATAM Airlines www.latam.com to check the flight status.
On the home page, under ‘Book a flight’, enter the flight information and click on the ‘Search for your flight’ button.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case there are any disruptions in the flight schedule, the airline makes sure that the passengers do not face further inconvenience.
• LATAM Airlines will arrange accommodation for the passengers on the immediate next flight where seats are available.
• Passengers are offered food and accommodation whenever necessary. The airport personnel can help you find an overnight accommodation if required, subject to availability.
• If the flight is canceled due to unexpected conditions like bad weather, then the airline arranges another seat for you in the next connecting flight with the same transport class. In this case, the airline does not provide accommodation, meals, and other things.
• If the flight needs to be diverted to land at an unscheduled location, the airline informs the passengers at the earliest, if possible.
Key routes of LATAM Chile
Pudahuel to Antofagasta, Pudahuel to Buenos Aires, and Pudahuel to Concepcion are some popular routes of LATAM Airlines.
What are the benefits of booking with LATAM Chile?
If you need extra space while traveling, you can reserve a seat next to yours 48 hours before the flight, provided your purchased fare allows you to reserve a seat.
• Online check-in service opens 24 hours and lasts up to 2 hours before the flight.
• You can relax at the LATAM VIP lounges in top airports across the world. The lounges are equipped with a wide range of facilities like free Wi-Fi, meeting rooms, reading material, etc. for the use of the passengers.
• Passengers are allowed to travel with pets (cats or dogs only) in the cabin or the hold of the airplane.
• Passengers who are members of LATAM Airlines’ frequent flyer program can earn points (kms) and enjoy many benefits. The points can be spent on car rentals, flights, hotel bookings, etc.
Q. Does LATAM Chile send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes. LATAM Airlines notifies the passengers through emails, SMS, and/or an automated phone call. If none of this is possible, the Contact Center will inform you.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. The passengers are notified when a flight is canceled, delayed for 30 minutes or more, diverted, or is expected to depart 15 or more minutes before the scheduled time.
Q. What information will LATAM Chile flight status alert contain?
A. LATAM Airlines make sure that you receive accurate information about the cancellation, length of the delay, or the estimated departure time.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. If you do not receive an alert regarding the flight status, you can check the flight status in one of the following ways:
• Log on to the website or mobile site of LATAM Airlines.
• Call on 1(866) 435-9526 and select option 1.