Oman Air - At Home in Air
Oman Air Airlines
is the national carrier of Oman that is based out of the Muscat International Airport in Seeb in Muscat. A member of the Arab Air Carriers Organization, the Oman Air flights
cater to both domestic and international visitors complete with a regional air taxi and charter flights. Founded in 1993, the airline operated its first international flight to Dubai in the same year. This was followed by destinations like Trivandrum, Kuwait, Karachi and Colombo in the following year. With the airline becoming the first in the world in 2010 to provide its guests with a mobile phone and Wi-Fi facility on specific routes, Oman Air Airlines online booking
saw a definite fillip owing to this.
About Oman Air Airlines
The flagship carrier of the Sultanate of Oman, Oman Air was rated as a 4-star airline in 2011 for its services and its contribution in bringing Muscat on the tourist map as well as establishing it as the hub of the Middle East. You can embark on an international flight aboard Oman Air to Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Doha, Riyadh, Madina, Dammam and Jeddah. Aside from the Gulf region, it runs a robust network to the greater Middle East comprising the Africa region. This includes flights to Zanzibar, Cairo, Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam, Tehran, Amman, Najaf and Mashhad among others. Oman Air’s Indian destinations comprise Kochi, Chennai, Goa, Mumbai, Trivandrum, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Bangalore, Delhi, Jaipur and Kozhikode. The airline also flies to several European cities like London, Paris, Munich, Manchester, Zurich, Milan and Frankfurt in addition to popular getaways in South East Asia like Colombo, Jakarta, Kathmandu, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Guangzhou and Manila. An important fact about Oman Air Airlines
is that it is made up of a fleet of five 787-9 Dreamliners, four Airbus 330-200s, three Boeing 787-8, six Airbus 330-300s, 21 Boeing 737-800, five Boeing 737-900s and five 737 MAX.
Travel classes of Oman Air :
First Class :
Your First Class private suite offers unmatched luxury and all the comforts of contemporary living on air. Inspired by the Omani archway architecture, the cabins are designed to be extra tall with sliding doors and turn down bed adorned with soft duvets and pillows. You are provided with a sleeper suit and slippers so that you can arrive at your destination rested. Aside from intuitively controlled touchscreen panel, the seats have adjustable leg rest, back rest, and seat cushion. A chilled minibar and greater stowage space for your coats and jackets are the added features. Choose your meals from an a la carte menu of Omani, Arabic and Continental European cuisine at any point in your journey. Some exclusive wines and teas are also a part of the offering.
Business Class :
The Business Class seats have direct aisle access, adjustable privacy dividers, and a bed with spacious legroom. Entertainment options abound with the new ARIA system. This includes a 17 inch personal screen with noise cancellation headphones. Every seat comes with two USB ports and a laptop power with adjustable personal reading light. Served in bespoke dinnerware, you can opt for dishes from its extensive regional and international a la carte menu. You have the luxury of complimenting your meal with some of the choicest of wines. Among amenities you are provided with includes a travel kit that comprises face moisturiser, body lotion, lip balm, shaving cream, socks, ear plug, mouthwash and hairbrush.
Economy Class :
The Economy Class cabins have been refurbished with bolder hues and a contemporary upholstery. Each seat comes with a 10.6 inch personal screen that is adjustable as per your seating position. The ARIA entertainment offers you a wide selection of blockbuster cinema, television series and interactive games for kids. Every seat comes with a USB port and every three seats come with two power ports. Meal times are pretty elaborate too on this class, what with an offering of choicest international cuisine. Each Economy Class guest is provided with a colourful amenity kit to make your flying experience more enriching.
Benefits of flying Oman Air :
- Its vast repertoire of international services that includes flights to all major cities in the Middle East/Africa, Far East, the Indian Subcontinent, Australia, and Europe.
- There are three classes on Oman Air; First Class, Business Class and Economy Class. The First Class with its specialised personal suite is an adobe of luxury with flat beds, intuitive control panels, and great dining options. The Business Class comes with spacious seating with great legroom, personal entertainment channels and several amenities on-board. The Economy Class too is designed for a comfortable flight with interactive games for kids and an international dining menu.
- Its latest addition is a Boeing 787 Dreamliner that has introduced a First Class private suite. Outside of providing all comforts of modern technology that includes enhancements across cabins, you are served by an extremely hospitable staff. Dubbed to have one of the largest windows in the sky, the Deamliner is also known for its quality of air and reduced cabin pressure alongside boasting of quieter cabins with dynamic lighting.
- With new destinations added to its already extensive network you can now travel to Casablanca, Moscow, Istanbul and the Maldives with Oman Air.
- Muscat International Airport, the hub of the airline is home to some of exclusive lounges. The moment you step into the Muscat First and Business Class departure lounge, your baggage is stowed away in the luggage room. You are offered complimentary Wi-Fi and have access to a a well-stocked business centre. It also comes with a premium food and beverage section including an entertainment zone and a private nap area. Families with children can avail the special kids room, a family room with a separate room for cleaning up your baby.
- Oman Air runs rewards for junior fliers too just like its adult ones. The Junior Sindbad Program on its long-haul flights is for children between 4 and 12 years who can participate in activities on-board and win a free flight. Add to it a new signature meal service for kids which is an interesting activity for the kids aboard an Oman Air flight. The airline has come up with child-friendly lunchboxes that features characters from Sindbad the Sailor. This is to keep them amused through their time in the air.
- You can shop midair from the in-flight duty free selection. The Sky Emporium magazine has a list of products that can be bought on the aircraft regardless of the class in which you are travelling.
- Oman Air lets you stay connected even while airborne by providing you an on-air GSM and internet data pack at special rates. This lets you send an SMS, place calls, check emails and browse the web and your social media accounts. For First Class passengers, the airlines offers a complimentary Wi-Fi voucher.
- Guests with children, expecting mothers, and guests with limited mobility are provided with seats by the emergency exits. Also the airlines serves baby meals and keeps a stock of toys and games for children under 5 years.
- Oman Air flights accept unaccompanied minors between 5 and 16 years. From the time they check-in they are guided through all airport procedures and escorted and supervised by the customer service staff till they reach their destination city.
- ARIA is Oman Air’s newly designed entertainment system that has the latest blockbuster hits from popular Hollywood cinema, a library of television shows, games and music. Browse through movies, view travel videos and enjoy your time flying.
- During your time flying read up on lifestyle, travel, and popular culture in its in-flight magazine ‘Wings of Oman’.
Oman Air airlines online booking
It is a breeze to make an Oman Air airlines online booking
. Begin by selecting whether it is a one-way, return or multi-city journey. Follow it up by entering your starting and arrival destinations including the departure and return journey dates. Continue by entering the passenger details such as number of adults, children and infant. Further enter your preferred cabin class, promotion code if any, select the payment method whether cash or miles and find flights. Go through an array of flights with different schedules and stopovers, compare prices and select the one best suited to you and go ahead and make your booking.
Oman Air flight status
In order to check the Oman Air flight status
, you need to enter the date of your journey, proceeded by the flight route which includes the starting and onward destinations and check the status. An alternative method is to enter the date of your journey followed by the flight number and get ‘flight status’. The best way to check your Oman Air flight PNR status
is by entering your date of travel proceeded by the flight number. Then, click on ‘flight status’
Oman Air web check in
Oman Air web check in
can be done any time between 48 hours and 90 minutes of your scheduled departure time. The airport counters close an hour ahead of the flight’s departure time. So, when you do an online check-in to generate an electronic boarding pass, all you need to enter is your booking reference number, your last name and the date of your journey before you proceed to check-in.
Oman Air baggage allowance
Aboard Oman Air you can check-in two pieces of baggage of a combined weight of 30kg in an Economy Class. The Oman Air baggage allowance
for the Business or First Class guests is two bags of a combined weight of up to 50kg. For guests holding gold or silver Sindbad cards, you get a combined limit of 50 kg for 2 pieces of baggage in Economy Class, and 60kg for both Business and First Class. The linear dimension of your baggage needs to be 158 cm/62 in, with the weight of a single bag not shooting over 32 kg. Every baggage that exceeds the weight and dimension specifications qualifies for an additional fee.
Oman Air airlines customer care
For the Indian subcontinent, the Oman Air airlines customer care
number is 0124-6421111. Customer care is available in English and Arabic languages 24 hours and for 7 days a week. This includes all weekends and public holidays.
Oman Air airlines top sectors
Among Oman Air airlines top sectors
are flights to Dubai
, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Doha, Bahrain in the Gulf region, Cairo, Nairobi and Amman in the Middle East and Africa and Kochi, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Lucknow and Kozhikode in the Indian Subcontinent. Aside from the main cities of Europe, Oman Air has flights to Bangkok
, Kuala Lumpur and Guangzhou in South East Asia.