Pakistan International Airlines Flight Status
About Pakistan International Airlines
Airlines (or PIA is the national airline of Pakistan that was nationalized in 1955. The airline was established in October 1946.
It has its headquarters and primary hub in Karachi at Jinnah International Airport, and secondary hubs at Allama
Iqbal International Airport in Lahore and Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Islamabad. It has a fleet of Boeing 777 and 747,
Airbus A310 and A320, ATR42, and ATR72 aircraft. With a fleet size of 33, Pakistan International Airlines operates about 100 flights
daily to many international and domestic destinations.
Why should you choose Pakistan International Airlines?
PIA aims at serving all the passengers to the best of its ability and taking care of their needs. The exclusive business class
facilities include spacious cabins with extremely comfortable seats, more shoulder space and leg room, individual entertainment
screens, etc. PIA has a large collection of movies, games, music, and more to entertain you on your flight. The in-flight intranet
system allows the passengers to enjoy the in-flight entertainment content on their personal devices. You can also shop for duty-free
items and play arcade games during your flight.
Delectable Pakistani food and international cuisine are offered for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A wide variety of snacks and hot and
cold beverages are served on every flight. Cornflakes, fruit juices, fruit yogurt, scrambled eggs, mutton items, sandwiches, and more
is served on the flights.
Pakistan International Airlines provides escort assistance, wheelchairs, portable oxygen concentrators, and other special requirements
if requested prior to departure.
How do you check flight status for Pakistan International Airlines?
To check the flight status of PIA flights, log on to the website of PIA www.piac.com.pk/pianew/.
• Click on the Flight Status tab which is on the
• Enter the flight number and select the date of departure.
• Click on the Search button.
The departure and arrival airports, scheduled departure and arrival time, and other details are displayed.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
Pakistan International Airlines compensates for the inconvenience caused due to flight disruptions in the following ways.
• PIA rebooks the passenger on the immediate next flight to the destination with seats available, under comparable transport
conditions, or same travel class as the original.
• PIA offers meals and overnight accommodation based on availability.
Key routes of Pakistan International Airlines
Some key routes of PIA are Karachi to Abu Dhabi, Karachi to Dubai, Karachi to Lahore, and Karachi to Islamabad.
What are the benefits of booking with Pakistan International Airlines?
Pakistan International Airlines offers many services to the passengers.
• Frequent Flyer Program- Awards+Plus is PIA’s frequent flyer program that earns you A+ miles on traveling by the airline and
using the services of its partners. The miles can be redeemed for future tickets, cabin upgrades, excess baggage vouchers, and other
things. Members of Awards+Plus are eligible to a range of special offers and many rewards.
• Easy Check-in- there are ‘No Wait’ check-in counters in the Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad airports for people traveling with
no luggage. Return check-in facility is available for people traveling between two places within 12 hours from Lahore, Karachi, and
Islamabad. They can get their boarding passes at both destinations in advance.
• Web check-in- web check-in facility is available for domestic flights between Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad. It is an easy way to check-in 24 hours to 6 hours prior
• Lounges- Business Class passengers have access to exclusive lounges at domestic and international airports to relax and unwind.
The lounges are equipped with facilities like TV, internet access, newspaper, and magazines.
• Business Class passengers receive a warm welcome from the PIA staff and are assisted with the airport procedures of check-in,
Pakistan International Airlines FAQs:
Q. Does Pakistan International Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Pakistan International Airlines notifies the passengers with accurate information about flight disruptions
like cancellations, delays, and diversions within 30 minutes after being aware of this information on the contact details that you
provide during reservation.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. You can contact PIA’s customer care for any queries.
• Fill the form here www.piac.com.pk/PIA_PolicynTerms/pia-AskaQ.asp to ask a question.
• Visit www4.piac.com.pk/pianew/pia-facilitation/pia-contact/ for contact information.