Philippine Airlines Flight Status
About Philippine Airlines
Philippine Airlines (PAL), founded in 1941, Asia’s oldest airline, is the flag carrier of the Philippines which is headquartered at the PNB Financial Center in Pasay City, it has its hub at Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila. With a fleet of 80 aircraft, PAL serves 31 destinations in the Philippines, and 45 overseas stops in Asia, Canada, United States, Australia, Middle-East, and United Kingdom, as of July 2017.
PAL has been ranked 6th by SKYTRAX World Airline Awards, in the World's 10 Most Improved Airlines. It also jumped to the 67th spot among the world’s top 100 airlines. In June 2017, PAL was adjudged "Fourth Best Airline Worldwide for Cabin Service" by SmartTravelAsia.
Why should you choose Philippine Airlines?
PAL is the Philippines' full-service carrier, with luxurious cabin amenities, seamless in-flight entertainment and connectivity, delectable inflight dishes, and heartwarming service.
Relax and sink into the comfort of plush, newly refurbished seats, in cabins with a tropical feel, with their blue and silver-white interiors. Delight in traditional and fusion cuisine, and enjoy a unique in-flight dining experience with celebrity chefs during Food Festivals in the Sky. In business class, a sumptuous selection of Western, Filipino, and Japanese Kaiseki dishes are available on select routes. Special meals, drinks, and beverages are also served.
Stay connected with myPAL Wi-fi, free for the first 30 minutes of your flight. Choose from 300 hours of the latest movies, TV shows, music, and games - all free from your seat, with myPAL-eSuite, or via the myPAL Player app.
How do you check flight status for Philippine Airlines?
To test the status of any Philippine Airlines flight, log on to the official website of Philippine Airlines: https://www.philippineairlines.com/en
• Scroll down and click on the Flight Status tab.
• Enter the date of departure (Information is available for a range of 2 days before, and two days after the specified date)
• Next, you have two choices: Search by Flight Number, or Search by Origin and Destination.
• Click on your preferred option, enter the required information, and click on Check Status.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
• Flight cancellations, rescheduling of flights, and flight delays are announced as an Advisory on the home page of the website. More information is available on ‘News and Events,' under the ‘About us’ tab.
• When flights are canceled due to weather anomalies, the airline either reschedules flights or allows re-booking on other flights with no charge, within 30 days from the original flight date. Passengers are advised to call PAL Reservations at (02) 855 - 8888 for latest updates of their flight schedules, and for flight rebooking.
• A refund is also allowed for canceled flights. For this, affected passengers can go to the nearest PAL ticket office or travel agent who issued their ticket.
• For lengthy tarmac delays, PAL has contingency plans in place, which include providing adequate food and potable water, operable lavatories, and required medical attention.
Key routes of Philippine Airlines
Manila to Bangkok, Manila to Auckland, Manila to Beijing, and Manila to Brisbane are some of the key routes of a PAL.
What are the benefits of booking with Philippine Airlines?
PAL strives to provide its patrons with a seamless flying experience, by providing several services:
• Online booking: A fully automated facility called ‘Calendar Pricing’, displays the lowest fare available over a seven-day range - three days before, and after the planned travel date, allowing travelers to choose cheap and convenient flights. Group tickets can be booked for a maximum of 10 people.
• Online check-in, and seat selection for those with the confirmed booking, and valid E-tickets.
Access flight booking, ancillary shopping, airport check-in, and flight status through the PAL mobile internet site, on your smartphones, via Safari and Google Chrome.
• Pre-booking is available for the ‘unaccompanied minor service,' and for complimentary wheelchairs for the elderly and disabled. Service dogs are allowed aboard with 48-hrs notice.
• Lounges in several international locations are available for Premium passengers. A Pay Lounge (Club Aspire Lounge) at London’s Heathrow Airport, for travelers to Manila, can be accessed by all, for a fee.
• Mabuhay Miles is PAL’s frequent flyer program. Earned miles can be redeemed by members at face-value, on most Philippine Airlines-operated flights, as well as on code-shared routes.
Q. Does Philippine Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
• For flight information, log on to www.philippineairlines.com and click on the Flight Status button for latest flight schedules.
• Alternatively, call PAL Hotline (02) 855 – 888, or visit the PAL Facebook page.