The flag carrier and the largest airline of Australia, Qantas is having its primary hubs in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney Airport. It’s the third-largest airline in the world and is nicknamed as “The Flying Kangaroo”. An acronym of "Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services", Qantas has over 50 airlines and their affiliates that serves over 1,200 destinations world-wide. Qantas has been awarded with the best Airline Australia-Pacific in 2016, 2014, and 2013 by Skytrax World Airline Awards. It also got recognized as Australia's favorite Domestic and International airline in TripAdvisor's 2015 Travellers' Choice Awards.
Why should you choose Qantas?
Qantas provides great value and service to its passengers. One of the safest airline in the world, Qantas offers timely services to its customers. Qantas also has Jetstar Airways, a low-cost airline that runs both domestic as well as international flights. The airline provides various entertainment and reading options. You can enjoy reading the inflight magazine 'Qantas Spirit of Australia'. Also, thousands of entertainment shows along with award-winning wines and world class dining services are provided for the passengers. Qantas also provides health information and inflight exercises to minimize the impact of flying.
Qantas business class offers Qantas Curates amenity kits, personal touch screen with a size of up to 12.1 inches, Rockpool designed International Business menu, a separate furnished Business Lounge with presentation screen, and Qantas-designed unisex grey pajamas on selected flights.
How do you check flight status for Qantas?
To check the flight status for your flights at Qantas, go to the official website at https://www.qantas.com/in/en.html?tabId=flight-status and follow the below mentioned steps:
Enter the flight number and the date of journey to get your flight status. Another option is to click the Search by route option, enter the from and to airports, check the Departing and Arriving boxes, enter the journey date, and Search Flights to know your flight status.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case Qantas cancels any flight, it takes sufficient steps to compensate for the inconvenience caused to the passengers through various ways. Some of them include:
• Rebooks the tickets in the next flight at no additional cost.
• As per the passenger’s discretion to cancel, refunds the complete fare.
• Provides accommodation and meals during the waiting period for the next scheduled flight.
• Reimbursement of the funds for accommodation and meals if not taken from Qantas during the waiting period.
Popular routes of Qantas
Sydney to London, Sydney to Dubai, and Melbourne to Sydney are some of the popular routes of Qantas Airways.
What are the benefits of booking with Qantas?
• Children Services : Qantas provides assistance in various ways to unaccompanied children. The services include assistance during check-in and arrival and special kid’s meal menu to all the children. Also, kid’s entertainment zones, bassinet, collapsible stroller, collapsible cot, push chair, car seat, and baby capsule to the infants are also provided by the airline.
• Web check-in : Online check-in is available for all the flights of Qantas. The online check-in facility is present from 24 hours to 30 minutes before departure for domestic flights and from 24 hours up to 2 hours for international flights.
• Frequent Flyer Points : The airline offers you Points and Status Credits with Qantas and its partners, and it can also be earned from your everyday shopping. Frequent flyer points help you travel the world of privileges and numerous rewards from Qantas.
• Qantas Lounges : Relax before your flight with complimentary food, drinks, showers, spas, and the latest magazines at the award-winning lounge, which is honored as the Best Australian Lounge at the 2012 Australian Business Traveler Awards.
Qantas Airways Flight Status FAQs:
Q. Does Qantas send out email and SMS about flight status?
Yes, Qantas Airways
sends SMS alerts and emails about the status of their flights.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
Q. What information will Qantas flight status alert contain?
Qantas keeps you informed regarding any change in flight timings, cancellations, change in gate, or any other change in the flight schedules
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
In case you do not receive an email or an SMS alert on your flight status, get in touch with Qantas directly through any of the following ways:
- Call their 24/7 available helpline at 022 6111 1818 or login to their websites for area-wise customer care numbers and request forms.
- Get in touch with Qantas through social media pages of Facebook LinkedIn or Twitter . The customer support teams are available to help 24/7 with any travel-related query.