Scandinavian Airlines Flight Status
About Scandinavian Airlines
The carrier of Sweden, Norway, and Denmark, Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) is the eighth-largest airline in Europe. SAS's main hub is at Copenhagen-Kastrup Airport, and the other major hubs are at Stockholm-Arlanda Airport and Oslo Airport, Gardermoen. It has minor hubs at Bergen Airport, Flesland, Trondheim Airport, Værnes and Stavanger Airport, Sola in Norway, and Göteborg Landvetter Airport in Sweden. The consortium of transatlantic operations of Svensk Interkontinental Lufttrafik, Det Norske Luftfartselskap, and Det Danske Luftfartselskab and their European and domestic operations were merged in 1951 to create SAS. The airline offers services to more than 100 destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and North America. SAS has won several awards for being Europe’s best airline, for being the World’s most punctual airline, and for its high quality service.
Why should you choose Scandinavian Airlines?
• Scandinavian Airlines offers flexible and affordable travel options and related services.
• SAS offers discounts and benefits on its Youth tickets for passengers less than 26 years of age and traveling within Scandinavia and Europe.
• SAS offers SAS Business, SAS Plus, SAS Go, and SAS Go Light cabin classes.
SAS Business offers all inclusive cabin class on all its long-haul flights, including excellent inflight service and comfortable massage seats which can convert into a fully flat bed, delicious inflight meals, on-demand entertainment system with HD screens and free Wi-Fi, convenient use of mobile and making calls under international tariff charges, personal power and USB ports, and Hästens products comprising mattress, pillows, and blankets.
SAS Plus offers separate cabin with large, reclining seats and ample leg room, on-demand entertainment system with HD screens, tasty inflight food and drinks, access to power and USB points with free Wi-Fi, and convenient use of mobile and making calls under international roaming rates.
SAS Go offers comfortable reclining seats, on-demand entertainment system with HD screens, inflight food and drink, access to power and USB points, Wi-Fi for a fee of €15/$19, and convenient use of mobile and making calls under international roaming rates.
SAS Go Light offers services on all European routes (excluding intra-Scandinavia) with competitive low-cost carriers’ prices for passengers traveling with hand luggage only.
• Convenient and easy hotel booking worldwide in all price ranges in collaboration with hotels.com.
• Avail car rental services and get points by using your EuroBonus credit card.
• Avail parking services at Stockholm Arlanda, Gothenburg Landvetter, Malmö Sturup, and Copenhagen Kastrup Airports by booking in advance.
• Download free travel guides from SAS partner Arrival Guides.
• Avail flight transfers to and from the airport through Cabforce, Flygtaxi and Flygbussarna (Sweden), Arlanda Express (Stockholm), and SAS Flybussen (Norway).
How do you check flight status for Scandinavian Airlines?
Log on to the official website of www.flysas.com to check the status of any SAS flight.
• Click on ‘Flight Status’
• Search by entering Flight Number or Airport or Departures or Arrivals.
• Select Day and Time and click on ‘Search’. The screen will display the relevant information.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancelation?
SAS will inform passengers as soon as possible in the event of flight cancelation via SMS.
SAS will re-route the trip to the final destination on the ticket and reimburse the costs incurred during the waiting period including food and hotel accommodation where applicable.
Which are the key routes of Scandinavian Airlines?
The airline has five key business routes, including flights to Aberdeen and Düsseldorf twice a day, to Brussels and Billund three times a day, and to Bodø eight times a day, and Scandinavia to Hong Kong, Los Angeles, and Boston.
What are the benefits of booking with Scandinavian Airlines?
• SAS offers check-in services including online, mobile, self-service kiosk, and at the counter.
• SAS offers its premier loyalty and frequent flyer program EuroBonus; earn and redeem points and avail all benefits.
• SAS offers its inflight shopping service EuroBonus Shop.
• Download the SAS App and use it for booking tickets, check-in, seat selection, etc.
• SAS offers SMS check-in and download of mobile boarding pass.
• SAS offers access to SAS Gold Lounge, SAS Lounge, SAS Domestic Lounge, and SAS City Lounge or SAS Café Lounge at different airports.
• Book a preferred seat onboard for a fee. Preferred seat is free of charge for SAS Plus/SAS Business and EuroBonus Gold and Diamond members.
Q. Does Scandinavian Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, Scandinavian Airlines sends out notification on flight status via SMS.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. Scandinavian Airlines will send out flight status alerts to notify you to check-in 22 hours before departure, or if a flight is delayed or canceled.
Q. What information will Scandinavian Airlines flight status alert contain?
A. Scandinavian Airlines flight status will contain information notifying you to check-in 22 hours before departure, status of flight delayed or canceled.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. If you do not receive flight status alerts via email or SMS, you can do the following:
• Log into your profile on their website, select Mobile Services, ensure the Subscribe box is checked and your phone number is correct.
• If everything is correctly saved in your profile, and the problem persists, you contact the different SAS Customer Contact Centers displayed on their website.
• Communicate with Scandinavian Airlines through social media on their Facebook page or on Twitter