SilkAir Flight Status
About SilkAir Airlines
SilkAir is the regional arm of Singapore’s flag carrier, Singapore Airlines and has its hub at Singapore Changi Airport. The airline started operations as a full-fledged regional carrier in 1992 and presently flies from Singapore to 54 destinations across 16 countries. The airline has been receiving several industry awards since 1995 for its cabin service and for being the preferred choice for travellers in the region. The airline flew over 3.5 million passengers in the financial year 2014-15.
Why should you choose SilkAir airline?
SilkAir is a full-service airline and offers business and economy cabin classes, free check-in baggage allowance, through check-in service for transit passengers, online check-in option prior to departure, and seat selection subject to availability. Inflight meals with diverse menus, a full bar service, inflight entertainment SilkAir Studio, monthly inflight magazine Silkwinds, and the KrisFlyer frequent flyer program are additional benefits the airline provides.
The SilkAir Mobile App is a convenient feature for travelers.
SilkAir offers the Changi Transit Program and Free Singapore Tour for transit passengers; subject to conditions.
How do you check flight status for SilkAir?
Log on to the official website of SilkAir www.silkair.com to check the status of any SilkAir flight.
• Click on Travel Info; next click on Flight Status under Keep Informed
• Select ‘Search by route’ or ‘Search by flight number’
• Enter ‘From’ and ‘To’ city; Select ‘Depart’ or ‘Arrive’
• Enter the date of travel and click on Search. The screen will display the relevant information.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
• SilkAir will inform passengers at the airports through check-in counters, lounges, and boarding gates, or via SMS, within 30 minutes of flight cancellation.
• Passengers will be provided with meals, accommodation, rebooking and baggage handling assistance, and transfers to and from the accommodation, in the event of flight cancellation.
• Passengers will be accommodated in the next available flight.
Key routes of SilkAir
Singapore to China, Singapore to Indonesia, and Singapore to India are some of the key routes of SilkAir.
What are the benefits of booking with SilkAir?
Complementing the numerous benefits offered by SilkAir, are the following features:
• The airline serves the short-to-medium haul destinations, appealing to both, leisure and business travelers.
• Ample leg room in both the cabin classes and friendly and world class cabin service enhances the relaxed inflight experience for travelers.
• Business class passengers are given access to SilkAir Lounges at some of its major destinations.
• Make a successful bid and upgrade to business class on flights 3 hours and above.
• Make a preferred seat selection in the economy class by paying a nominal fee.
Q. Does SilkAir send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, SilkAir sends out notification on flight status via SMS and/or email
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. SilkAir will send out flight status alerts whenever you make any changes to your booking, notify you after check-in, and/or if there are updates to the status such as delay, cancellation, etc.
Q. What information will SilkAir airline flight status alert contain?
A. SilkAir will send out flight status alerts to notify you about flight delay or cancellation, notification about check-in, change in boarding gates, or delay in baggage delivery.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. If you do not receive flight status alerts via email or SMS, you can do the following:
• You can contact the local office of the airline in the city or at the airport via telephone.
• The address and contact numbers are displayed on SilkAir’s website when you click on Contact us, and enter your city and country to retrieve the information.
• Check your flight status on your smartphone through the SilkAir Mobile App.
• Communicate with SilkAir through social media on their Facebook page or on Twitter for any flight-related query.