SmartWings Flight Status
SmartWings, a low-cost brand operating under Travel Service, a.s., its parent air transport company, has its base at the Václav Havel Airport Prague. It operates its regular flights from Prague, Ostrava, and Brno. The airline was launched in 2004. Initially, it started with selected charter flights. With increase in demand, SmartWings currently flies to 8 regular destinations and 42 seasonal destinations, spread across 19 countries. During summers, there is a consistent rise in the frequency as well as the routes of SmartWings, considering more travelers fly during that period.
Why should you choose SmartWings?
SmartWings is known for its low-cost flights in Europe. It operates flights throughout various destinations in Europe with a starting fare of CZK 1990, inclusive of all taxes. High-quality in-flight services at SmartWings impresses travelers. You have the option to choose your meals according to your preference 48 hours before the scheduled departure or purchase it on your flight from SmartBistro. In select routes with flights over 4 hours, you can avail complementary in-flight meals as well.
In all flights departing from Prague, travelers can indulge in on-board shopping. SmartWings’ SkyShop catalogue lists various products ranging from cosmetics to perfumes and accessories that you can choose from. Special in-flight safety is ensured for parents travelling with infants. Checking in the baby’s stroller or car seat is allowed free of cost. In addition, SmartWings has the provision of carrying a baby car seat on board. However, you need to pay the price for an extra seat, excluding the airport taxes for this.
SmartWings offers flexibility to travelers flying in Economy Class to upgrade their tickets to Business Class by calling up their helpline number at least two hours before the scheduled departure, provided the flight has Business Class seats.
How do you check flight status for SmartWings?
To check the status of any SmartWings flight, log on to the official website of SmartWings www.smartwings.com/.
• Choose your preferred language from the dropdown list.
• Click on the Travel Information tab.
• Navigate to Flight schedule under “Where to go next?”.
• Go to the List tab and enter the From and To destinations.
• The arrival and departure times of the SmartWings flights for a particular period between the specified route will be displayed on your screen.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case of a canceled flight, SmartWings refunds the complete amount equivalent to the specific air ticket price, along with all the prepaid associated charges to the traveler. In case the passenger has used part of the ticket, the airlines calculates the unused amount and does a partial refund. In order to maintain transparency, the funds are transferred to the same bank account through which the ticket was initially paid for.
Which are the key routes of SmartWings?
Prague to Rhodes, Prague to Amsterdam, and Prague to Marsa Alam are some of the key routes of SmartWings.
What are the benefits of booking with SmartWings?
Although a relatively new brand in the airlines industry, SmartWings has carved a niche amongst its patrons due to the benefits it offers, some of which are discussed below:
• Online check-in facilities, which have temporarily been discontinued due to ongoing process improvements, have always made travel hassle-free for passengers. Currently, you can check-in at the airport before 2 hours 40 minutes of the scheduled departure.
• Most SmartWings flights allow you to select a seat of your preference on a chargeable basis while you are booking your tickets. • Charges for a standard seat is EUR 15 and for a premium seat is EUR 30.
• Special assistance without any additional cost is provided by the SmartWings team for travelers with limited mobility. However, ensure you book for such service at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure.
• SmartWings allows travelers to fly with their pets, namely cats and dogs. You can buy a carriage 48 hours before the scheduled departure and rest assured, your pet will be safe.
Q. Does SmartWings send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. No, SmartWings does not send out email and SMS alerts about flight status to travelers.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. Navigate to About SmartWings on the website’s homepage. Click on Contact and get in touch with SmartWings through one of the following ways:
• Enter your contact details in the Contact Form, click on Send inquiry, and wait for the SmartWings team to get in touch with you within the following 24 hours.
• Call up their 24/7 SmartCall service on +420 220 11 6686. Remember to have your reservation code handy before making the call.