South African Airways flight status
About South African Airways
Starting from February 1934, the South African Airways (SAA) has become the flagship airline of the whole of Africa. Having its hub at Johannesburg in the Tambo International Airport (ORTIA), the national carrier has flights to more than 56 destinations across continents. It is a member of the biggest international airline network called the Star Alliance. It has many awards and recognitions to its credit. Skytrax has acknowledged it with 14 awards as the best airline of Africa and the first airline of Africa to be acclaimed with 4 stars. South African Airways transported 6, 920, 697 total passengers and 53 578 flights in the year 2015-2016.
Why should you choose South African Airways?
South African Airways has warm hospitality along with exceptional amenities for a relaxed and convenient travel. Some delicious meals with the finest of wines and warm hospitality at the airlines help you arrive refreshed at your destination. Some of the most sought-after chefs from the country serve you exquisite meals as per dietary requirements. Special meals for the kids are also provided by the airline. The in-flight entertainment offers over 100 movies, 170 audio albums, 15 games, and 14 radio channels. The airline also provides the award winning, in-flight magazine, Sawubona, with a selection of other reading materials.
Mango is a low-cost airline of SAA and runs to many major destinations across the nations. SAA also has links with Airlink and South African Express, operating various flights. The business class in SAA is provided with special luxury with high-class duvets and pillows, personal touchscreen, and fulltime assistance by a cabin crew. Economy class passengers also enjoy a welcome drink, blankets, pillows, and an entertainment screen for a pleasant travel. There are many other facilities offered to all the classes of passengers.
How do you check flight status for South African Airways?
For checking the flight status of your booking for South African Airways, go to the official website at https://www.flysaa.com/.
Click on the tab of Flight Status.
There are two sections in the page, named by Flight Number and by City.
Select the tab of by ‘Flight Number’, enter the Flight Number, date of your journey, and search to get the flight details, or
Click the tab of by ‘City’, input the Origin city, the Destination city, the date of journey, and search for the flight details.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case, South African Airways cancels a flight, it compensates with many services. Some of them are:
• Rebooking the flight on the same flight ticket at the earliest possible manner.
• It funds the costs incurred during the waiting period, such as hotel accommodation, food service expenses, and transportation charges.
• In case of ticket cancellation by the passenger for flight cancellation, the complete amount is refunded to the passenger.
Key routes of South African Airways
Johannesburg to Durban, Johannesburg to Cape Town, Johannesburg to London Heathrow, and Cape Town to Durban are some of the key routes of South African Airways.
What are the benefits of booking with South African Airways?
• Infant Services: Children activity kits, baby bassinets, child car seat, baby meals, lower fares, and assistance are provided for making the young flyers comfortable.
• Facilities for seniors and disabled: Special care and assistance are provided to the required members. Wheelchairs and assistance with boarding, pre-boarding, and departure are made available on advance request and utmost care is taken to make them reach their destinations comfortably.
• Unaccompanied Minors: The staff of South African Airways takes utmost care of the children under 18, travelling alone from check-in to the final arrival.
• Relax at the Lounges: Various lounges such as Platinum Lounge, Premium Lounge, Arrivals Lounge, VIA Platinum Lounge, and Shared Lounges are at your service with world-class facilities and amenities.
Q. Does South African Airways send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, South African Airways sends out instant SMS alerts and emails about the status of their flights.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. First-time booking or any change of booking of any flight will entail a flight alert message.
Q. What information will South African Airways flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts from South African Airways contain flight confirmation, flight upgrade, or any changes in the flight schedules.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. In case you do not receive an email or SMS text alert on your flight status, find the flight status through the following ways:
• Telephone: +27 (0)11 978 2888 or 0860 003 146 (Share Call)
• Fax: +27 (0)11 978 9567
• E-mail: SAAcustomerservice@flysaa.com
• Social pages such as Facebook, Twitter , or Instagram.