Swiss Airlines Flight Status
About Swiss Airlines
Swiss is the popularly coined term for Swiss International Air Lines AG. It’s the primary and national airline of Switzerland. Swiss, having its hub at Zurich and Geneva airport, serves more than 100 destinations in over 50 countries. Flying to 76 places in Europe and 26 overseas, Swiss is a subsidiary of Lufthansa Group and is a member of Star Alliance. It serves around 16.5 million passengers a year and has almost 91 aircraft flying to the various destinations with an annual total aircraft of 145, 868 in 2016.
Why should you choose Swiss Airlines?
Swiss Airlines embodies its traditional values as well as has one of the best service qualities. Book a surprise from a range of chocolates, wines, and other options for your near and dear one to be offered on-board. It offers a range of la carte dining options worth savoring. Most of the Swiss flights also offer chocolates prior to landing.
Swiss Choice helps you with a range of additional services, such as booking seat early, upgrading to Business, bidding to upgrade, and booking additional baggage. Swiss Business Class, voted as one of the best, offers flat beds with integrated massage function, best of wine and food, and a variety of entertainment channels to enjoy your flight.
How do you check flight status for Swiss Airlines?
The flight status of flights of Swiss Airlines can be easily checked in their official website at https://www.swiss.com/us/EN/book/flight-information/arrivals-and-departures:
1. There are three tabs in the webpage:
• For the Search by airport tab, select Arrival or Departure, and enter the Airport name, Date, and Time.
• For the Search by flight tab, select Arrival or Departure, and enter the Flight number and Date.
• For the Search by route tab, select Arrival or Departure, enter the From and To airports and Date.
2. Click Find flight to view the flight status of the selected flights.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
Swiss Airlines provides various compensations and all the needed support as per EU regulation 261/2004 for flight cancellations to the maximum extent possible. Some of its facilities include:
• Providing meals and refreshments during the waiting period.
• Accommodating in hotels with the cost of transfer to the reserved places.
• Allowing two short phone calls, faxes, or e-mails.
• Rebooking the ticket at the earliest way possible by the airlines.
• Compensating in case of flight cancellation by the airline.
Key routes of Swiss Airlines
Geneva to Zurich, Zurich to Dusseldorf, Zurich to Prague, and Geneva to Barcelona are some of the popular routes of Swiss Airlines.
What are the benefits of booking with Swiss Airlines?
• Travelling with Children: Swiss makes the journey enjoyable with children with their facilities. They provide baby bassinets and buggies for babies, special kid’s menu, and a lot of entertainment options such as color books, story books, puzzles, games, and music to let the little ones not get bored.
• Travelling with Pets: Pets can be taken along in the flights for all the routes. Travel is made easier with them along in Swiss Airlines. Book in advance to avail the facilities and check the regulations for your pets.
• Health Related Facilities:Special care for pregnant ladies, assistance with wheelchairs, oxygen and special masks, syringes and medications can be availed on prior request at the airlines.
• Check-in: Online check-in is made easier at Swiss Airlines. Click on the go, starting 23 hours prior to departure, at home or over coffee at swiss.com or on the SWISS app.
• Lounges at the airport: The Lounge luxury of the Swiss airlines is one its kind at various airports offering fine wine, world-class delicacies, and relaxation.
Q. Does Swiss Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, Swiss Airlines sends out free emails and SMS alerts about the status of their flights.
Q. When will I receive alert messages of flight status & how many?
A. Swiss Airlines provides alert messages about any change in the original flight schedules.
Q. What information will Swiss Airlines flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts from Swiss Airlines will keep you informed about boarding pass, delay, or cancellation of your flight, change in boarding gates, or confirmation of bookings.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. In case you do not receive an email or an SMS alert on your flight status, you can contact Swiss Airlines through these ways:
• Fill the contact form requesting your query in the official website.
• Call on the numbers: Geneva Office: +41 848 700 700 from 5 am to 8 pm, Lugano Office at +41 848 700 700 all 24 hours, and Zurich Office at +41 848 700 700 all 24 hours.
• Get in touch with Swiss Airlines through Facebook or Twitter.