TACA International Airlines (Avianca El Salvador) Flight Status
About TACA International Airlines
Transportes Aereos del Continente Americano (TACA) Airlines, founded in 1931 was the flag carrier of El Salvador. Avianca, Colombia's
flag carrier was founded in 1919 as Sociedad Colombo Alemana de Transporte Aéreo (SCADTA). The merger of TACA with Avianca was
announced in October 2009 and the adoption of Avianca as a brand name for the strategic alliance was announced in October 2012. It is
one of the seven national airlines in the Avianca Holdings group of Latin American airlines. It has its primary hub at the Monseñor Óscar Arnulfo Romero
International Airport/El Salvador International Airport with headquarters in the country’s capital city San Salvador. The airline has
won awards for being the best airline in Latin America and the second-best airline in the world.
Why should you choose TACA International Airlines?
The airline offers Business and Economy class cabin services and fare options such as Super Promo, Econo, Flexi, Business Promo, and
Business on all its national and international flights . Their in-flight entertainment comprises a selection of movies, series, games, and
reading including access to multimedia content on the mobile.
The airline offers special in-flight meal service on all its international flights and vegetarian meals on flights to/from San Andres
and to/from Baltra and San Cristóbal. Passengers can avail the duty-free shopping service where air miles can be earned on money
spent and redeemed later.
The Avianca App allows the purchase of tickets, check-in, and checking flight status from anywhere in the world through your smartphone.
How do you check flight status for TACA International Airlines?
Log on to the official website of TACA International Airlines http://www.avianca.com/otr/en/
• Click on ‘Electronic Services’ tab followed by ‘Flights
• Search By Route: Enter the details in the fields of City of Origin, City of Destination, select Flight Date, and click on
‘Search’; the relevant information will be displayed.
• Search By Flight Number: Enter the flight number, select the flight date, and click on ‘Search’; the relevant information will
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
• In the event of flight cancellation, diversion, or delays, the airline, with the passenger’s consent, cancels the remaining
ticket and refunds the unused portion of the ticket and unused ancillary fees.
• If there is no request from the passenger for a refund and cancellation of the ticket, the airline accommodates the passenger
in the next available flight, arranges a flight on an alternative carrier, or arranges ground transportation with the passenger’s
• In the event of lengthy tarmac delays, the airline provides snacks and drinks, operable lavatories and required medical
Which are the key routes of TACA International Airlines?
San Salvador to Washington DC, San Salvador to Los Angeles, and Managua to Miami are the key routes of the airline.
What are the benefits of booking with TACA International Airlines?
• The airline offers web check-in, mobile check-in, and self-service kiosk check-in services.
• Passengers can access to VIP Lounges at various airports around the world and an option to upgrade to Business class cabin,
subject to availability.
• Enjoy the frequent flyer program, Life Miles, where air miles can be earned and redeemed for many benefits.
Q. Does TACA Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, it sends out notification on flight status via email.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. Flight status alerts will be sent whenever there are changes made to your booking, or if there is flight
Q. What information will TACA International Airlines flight status alert contain?
A. Flight status alerts sent are to notify you of a flight delay, cancellation, or changes to travel
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. If you do not receive flight status alerts via email or SMS, you can do the following:
• Log on to http://www.avianca.com/otr/en/call-center where you’ll find a list of numbers that you can contact them on.
• Check your flight status on your smartphone through the Avianca App.
Communicate with them through social media -