TAP Air Portugal Flight Status
About TAP Air Portugal
TAP Air Portugal is a popular Portuguese airline that was founded in the year 1945 and has its headquarters at Lisbon Airport.
Possessing a fleet size of 90, with its major hub at Lisbon Humberto Delgado Airport, the airline serves about 88 destinations all
over the world, flying 2,500 flights (average) per week. Its fleet consists of efficient aircrafts that ensure a safe and hassle-free flight.
In addition to many other recognitions, TAP Air Portugal has received the Best Engine/Aircraft Source of Repair award by NATO (2007),
the World's Best Airline Award in 2010 by British Condé Nast Traveler magazine, and the Best Airline to South America (2009 and 2010)
by the World Travel Awards.
Why should you choose TAP Air Portugal?
TAP Air Portugal offers an amazing travel experience, with quality onboard amenities and services. Their OnAir Wi-Fi, magazines,
digital kiosk, and vast entertainment options take care of your interests and keep you engaged throughout the flight. Your long-haul
flights will no longer seem tiresome, with the endless collection of music, movies, and magazines provided. Your gastronomic needs are
very well taken care of with freshly prepared traditional and Portuguese cuisines and a range of snacks and beverages to choose
How do you check flight status for TAP Air Portugal?
To check the status of any TAP Air Portugal flight, log on to its official website https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/ and follow these
• On the homepage, navigate to the ‘Flight Information’ tab at the top.
• For search ‘By airport’, enter the departure airport name, departure/arrival status, and travel date. Click on Continue. For
search ‘By origin and destination’, enter the departure/arrival status, travel date, departure airport name, and arrival airport name.
Click on Continue. For search ‘By flight’, enter the departure/arrival status, travel date, and the flight number. Click on
• The scheduled arrival and departure times will be displayed on your screen.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case of a canceled flight, TAP Air Portugal provides adequate compensation in cash and kind to its passengers:
• You can request for a refund within 48 hours of ticket being issued and latest by a year plus one month after the issue of
ticket (conditions apply).
• Refund will be made via the original payment mode, within 20 days after the receipt of refund request.
• In case of unavoidable tarmac delays at the US airport, you will be provided with necessities like food, water, medical
• In case of unavoidable misconnections and cancellations, the airline will book the next available flight for you.
Key routes of TAP Air Portugal
Miami to Lisbon, New York to
Lisbon, New York to Porto, and Boston to Lisbon are some of the key routes of TAP Air Portugal.
What are the benefits of booking with TAP Air Portugal?
Amongst the host of benefits offered by TAP Air Portugal, here are the significant ones:
• Unaccompanied minors – Kids below 2 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Children (ranging from 3 months to 4 years of
age) can be provided assistance if requested. Each adult is allowed to carry one baby.
• Special meals – You can order special meals based on your requirements, at the time of booking or 24 hours prior to departure.
• Pregnant women – Pregnant women up to 36 weeks and up to 32 weeks (in case of triplets, twins, etc.) can fly with TAP Air
Portugal and request for assistance, provided there are no complications.
• Special needs – passengers with reduced mobility/impaired hearing/blind, etc. are provided special assistance before boarding,
during the flight, and after travel as well. Wheelchairs can be brought along or ordered at the airport.
• Pets – You can fly with your pets in the cabin, provided all the necessary conditions are met.
• Extra seat – You can book for an extra seat next to you, for medical reasons or carrying fragile baggage.
• Lounges – Premium passengers can access the lounges at the airport and relax/work before the flight.
Q. Does TAP Air Portugal send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, TAP Air Portugal sends out free emails and SMS alerts about the flight status.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. You will receive the alerts within 30 minutes of intimation of any change in the original flight schedules.
Q. What information will TAP Air Portugal flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts will keep you informed about flight changes, departure gate changes, and flight status.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. You can get in touch with TAP Air Portugal via:
• Their helpline number throughout the week from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM: +44 (0) 345 601 0932, at tap.contact.center, Customer
service for deaf passengers, and Talk to Us.
• Their Facebook page or Twitter .