About Thai AirAsia
Established in 2003, Thai AirAsia is a low-cost carrier, which is a joint venture of Asia Aviation of Thailand and Malaysian airline, AirAsia. The main hub of this carrier is at Don Mueang International Airport, from where it offers both international and domestic services; however, it started operating initially from Suvarnabhumi Airport from 2004. Its secondary hubs are at Phuket International Airport Krabi Airport and Chiang Mai International Airport. According to a survey done by a poll in 2013, this carrier was adjudged second-best airline in terms of on-time service. AirAsia International has 45 per cent stake in the company while the rest 55 per cent is with Asia Aviation.
The carrier operates to 32 domestic and international destinations, including Abu Dhabi, Bangalore, Colombo, Hangzhou, Kathmandu, Penang and Phuket. To travel to any of these 32 destinations, travellers can make Thai AirAsia online ticket booking with Yatra.com. On this website, they can also avail Thai AirAsia deals and discount offers to make the most out of their bookings.
Fleet and Onboard Services
The average age of the fleet of this carrier is 3.5 years. Its fleet consists of 44 Airbus A320-200 aircraft, which has a seating capacity of 180 passengers. In addition, it has also made orders for 19 more such aircraft that will be used in the future. The onboard services, including entertainment options, meals and duty-free shopping are quite popular among regular passengers of this airline. These wonderful services can be enjoyed by flying with a Thai AirAsia flight ticket.
Thai AirAsia Baggage Allowances
According to the free baggage allowance policy of the carrier, passengers can carry baggage, the weight of which should not exceed 32 kg while its dimensions must not be more than 81 cm x 119 cm x 119 cm. In case the dimensions or weight of the bag are over the set limit, then passengers will have to pay for each extra kg or cm. On the other hand, the cabin baggage policy has set a limit of 7 kg with the dimensions of the bag not exceeding 56 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm. It is to be noted that the hand bag must fit in the overhead compartments or under the seat. Besides hand baggage, passengers can also carry a laptop bag or a ladies purse.
Thai AirAsia Offers
AirAsia Big is the frequent-flyer programme of this airline, and points under this scheme can be collected by making a Thai AirAsia flight ticket booking. The membership points accrued by flying with the carrier can be redeemed for meals, seat upgrades, meals, extra baggage, hotel bookings, complimentary flights and insurance.