Vietnam Airlines Flight Status
About Vietnam Airlines
Vietnam Airlines is a popular airline
of Vietnam that was founded in the year 1956 as ‘Vietnam Civil Aviation’. It has its headquarters in Hanoi, with major hubs at
Tan Son Nhat International Airport, Noi Bai International Airport, and Da Nang International Airport. Possessing a
fleet size of 83, the airline serves around 52 destinations across 17 countries, with excellent air services. Its fleet comprises of
efficient Boeing and Airbus aircrafts that promise safe and secure flight services to passengers.
Why should you choose Vietnam Airlines?
Fly in the Economy, Deluxe Economy, or Business Class of Vietnam Airlines and enjoy top-notch amenities throughout your journey. They
offer gourmet food inspired by Vietnamese cuisine and dishes from across the globe, cooked by top chefs, to make you feel at home when
flying far distances. A wide range of drinks and beverages are also offered. Enjoy unparalleled comfort in their spacious cabins and
seats, built using modern designs with a touch of opulence. You will never be bored with the vast treasure of entertainment options
onboard that include TV series, documentaries, international music and movies, magazines, audio books, etc.
How do you check flight status for Vietnam Airlines?
To check the status of any Vietnam Airlines flight, log on to its official website https://www.vietnamairlines.com/ and follow these simple
• On the homepage, navigate to the ‘Flight Status’ tab
and click on it.
• For search by ‘Airport’ option, choose the From and To destination airport names from the dropdown and select the departure
date. Tick the terms and conditions checkbox and the click on the ‘Search’ tab. For search by ‘Flight Number’ option, enter the
flight number and select the departure date. Tick the terms and conditions checkbox and click on ‘Search’.
The scheduled arrival and departure times for your flight will be displayed on your screen.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancelation?
In case of a canceled flight, Vietnam Airlines provides adequate compensation in cash and kind to its passengers:
• In case of delay/cancellation, passengers at the airport will be provided with drinks, meals, and accommodation.
• Refund and compensation will be paid via bank, cash, or service vouchers, within seven days of receipt of compensation claim
(Claims must be submitted within 90 days after the travel date).
• In case of tarmac delays (in the People’s Republic of China, MaCau, HongKong, and Republic of Korea), you will be provided
drinking water and meals, along with flight status notification every 30 minutes.
• In case of ticket over sale, if you give up your seat voluntarily or involuntary boarding denial occurs, you will be
transferred to a different flight and adequate compensation amount will be given.
Key routes of Vietnam Airlines
Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city, Da Nang to Nha Trang, Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh city, and Nha Trang to Hanoi are some of the key routes of
What are the benefits of booking with Vietnam Airlines?
Amongst the host of benefits offered by Vietnam Airlines, here are some significant ones:
• Special meals – You can pre-order special meals, such as vegetarian meals, religious meals, children’s meals, medical meals,
etc. onboard (except in some flights).
• Traveling with children – When traveling with infants below 2 years, you will be provided special services, including bassinet
service, stroller, and baby meals. Kids between 2 and 12 years of age must fly with an adult or request for unaccompanied minor
• Special needs – passengers with special needs (reduced mobility/blind/deaf) are provided special assistance/companion
throughout their travel and allowed to use wheelchairs, service dogs, ventilators, etc. Priority boarding, special meals, and in-
flight assistance are provided.
• Pregnant passengers – Pregnant passengers can travel with Vietnam Airlines and receive special assistance at any time.
• Extra seats – You can book extra seats adjacent to yours (for added comfort), at least 24 hours prior to departure.
• Lounges – Lotus lounges with special amenities are available at various airports for relaxing/working before your flight.
• Pets – You can fly with pets, provided all the conditions are met.
Special baggage – The airline lets you carry sports equipment as well onboard.
Q. Does Vietnam Airlines send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, Vietnam Airlines sends out email and SMS alerts about flight status.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. You will receive alerts about any change in flight schedules as soon as it is observed by the airline officials.
Q. What information will Vietnam Airlines flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts will keep you informed about flight delays, tarmac delays, and flight cancellation.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. You can get in touch with Vietnam Airlines via:
• Their 24x7 call center number: (84) 19001100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and other branches at
• Their Facebook page or twitter.