About Virgin Atlantic
Earlier called British Atlantic Airways, Virgin Atlantic is a British airline established in 1984. It was founded by Randolph Fields and Alan Hellary, and originally planned to fly between London and Falkland Islands. The airline served over 5 million passengers on over 26,000 flights in 2015 and presently flies to plenty of destinations worldwide. It has its operating bases in 3 airports Gatwick Airport in England, Heathrow Airport in London, and Manchester Airport in Ringway, Manchester. Virgin Atlantic won the award of Europe’s Leading Airline to North America in 2015 and the Smart Technology Award in 2014, among other honors.
Why should you choose Virgin Atlantic?
Virgin Atlantic tries to offer the lowest possible flight fares to the passengers. The Upper Class Suite offers you luxuries like champagne, quality meals, super-comfortable beds, in-seat power points, and laptop storage space. You can enjoy onboard Wi-Fi, relish delicious meals, top-class wine, beverages, and in-flight entertainment like movies, TV shows, music, and games. Watches, jewelry, perfumes, cosmetics, spirits, etc. are the things that you can shop for during your flight; all duty-free. You can also pre-order the things and have them delivered to your seat.
How do you check flight status for Virgin Atlantic?
You can log on to the official website of Virgin Atlantic to check the flight status www.virginatlantic.com
• On the homepage, enter the source and destination airports and other information.
• Click on Select Dates and choose the date of the flight. Also, select appropriate options for ‘Show Flights For’ and ‘Passengers’.
• Click on Find My Flight and you will have the information displayed.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case a flight is canceled, one of the following will occur:
• A refund is issued in the form that the original payment was made.
• An alternative flight is arranged subject to the availability of seats.
• The flight is re-booked to a later date. The difference between the old and new fares is refunded.
• The flight can be re-booked to another destination and any additional cost is charged.
• If a flight is canceled 2 weeks prior to departure and the alternative flight is 4 hours later to the original schedule, then a compensation is applicable.
If a flight is canceled without prior notification and you have already arrived at the airport, you are eligible to make phone calls and send fax or e-mails. Also, you will be served meals and refreshments while you wait for a later flight.
Popular routes of Virgin Atlantic
Some key routes of Virgin Atlantic are London to New York, London to Los Angeles, London to Edinburgh, and Manchester to Amsterdam.
What are the benefits of booking with Virgin Atlantic?
Traveling by Virgin Atlantic offers you many benefits and conveniences onboard and on land.
• Check-in options - Online check-in spares you the difficulty of standing in long queues to check-in. It opens 24 hours to 70 minutes before the flight. You can also check-in from the Virgin Atlantic mobile app that you can download from the App Store or Google Play. If you are in Hong Kong, you can check-in on the day of your flight from the Hong Kong stations, along with the baggage.
• You have an option to choose the seats of your preference.
• If you have any health or mobility issues, you can always rely upon Virgin Atlantic for special assistance during your journey.
• If you are traveling with children, the airline hands out KID bagpacks with many goodies to keep the children entertained. Many TV shows and movies for kids are also available.
• Members of the Flying Club can enjoy many benefits through the travel points they earn on each flight.
• Virgin Atlantic’s Clubhouses provide excellent dining, spa, and other facilities.
Virgin Atlantic FAQs:
Q. Does Virgin Atlantic send out email and SMS about flight status?
Yes. Virgin Atlantic
notifies about the flight status through e-mail or telephone, provided you have booked directly from their website or Customer Service Center. If the change is known in advance and you have booked through a travel agent, then Virgin Atlantic informs the travel agents at least 14 days before the departure date.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
Q. What information will Virgin Atlantic flight status alert contain?
A. There is information regarding schedule changes and cancellation of flights in the alerts.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
There are other ways to check the flight status if you do not receive an alert message:
- Log on to the official website and go to Help Center to check the flight status.
- Call on the flight information telephone line. Visit www.virginatlantic.com/in/en/help-centre/contact-us.html for information.