Virgin Australia Flight Status
About Virgin Australia
Virgin Australia was established in November 1999 and commenced operations in 2000. It is a part of the Virgin Group, started by Richard Branson in 1970. Over the years, Virgin Australia has grown to become one of Australia’s largest airlines and has received many awards and honors. In 2017, the airline received the highest rating by the Airline Passenger Experience Association. It was awarded the Best Airline and Best Airline Staff in Australia by Skytrax, and the won the award of Best Airline Crew at the AirlineRatings.com Excellence Awards, among other honors.
Virgin Australia has a code-sharing partnership with many airlines, including Air Canada, Hawaiian Airlines, and Virgin Atlantic. The airline has its hubs at 4 airports Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney.
Why should you choose Virgin Australia?
The airline has Business, Premium, and Economy classes, all three of them equipped with facilities to offer the passengers a comfortable journey. All the guests can enjoy delicious complimentary food and beverages. Passengers traveling in the Business and Premium classes can choose their meals from a specially designed menu, by the famous Australian Chef, Luke Mangan.
The Business Class and ‘The Business’ have extremely comfortable flat beds, individual entertainment screens, power charging points, and other things for a good flight. You can download the Virgin Australia Entertainment App to enjoy the latest movies, TV shows, etc. during your flight. You can also enjoy free Wireless In-flight Entertainment on certain electronic devices, on some flights.
On some routes of Virgin Australia, the passengers can shop during their flight for duty-free items from Virgin Australia Duty Free and have their purchases delivered to their seats.
How do you check flight status for Virgin Australia?
To check the flight status, log on to the official website of Virgin Australia www.virginaustralia.com/uk/en/. You can check the status either by Flight Number or by Route.
• On the homepage, go to the Flight Status section.
• To check the status by flight number, enter the flight number and departure date and click on ‘Check Flight’.
• To check the flight status by route, click on the Route tab and enter the departure and arrival airports, departure date, and click on ‘Check Flight’.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
If the cancellations are due to events under the control of the airline, then the passengers are:
• accommodated in the immediate next flight to their destination.
• offered refreshment vouchers every 2 hours while they are waiting.
• offered meals and accommodation with transport to and from the hotel and the expenses are borne by the airline, if no alternative flights are arranged for them.
• provided with a credit if they choose to not travel.
If the flights are canceled due to extraordinary conditions such as bad weather, then the passengers are:
• accommodated on the next available flight to the destination.
• arranged accommodation at a hotel with the expenses to be borne by them, if an alternative flight cannot be arranged.
• provided with a credit if they do not wish to travel.
Key routes of Virgin Australia
Brisbane to Auckland, Brisbane to Melbourne, Brisbane to Perth, Brisbane to Sydney, and are some key routes of Virgin Australia
What are the benefits of booking with Virgin Australia?
The various benefits of traveling by Virgin Australia are:
• Velocity Frequent Flyer program: You can earn rewards and travel points by being a member of the program and redeem the points whenever needed.
• Virgin Australia lounges: You can get access to exclusive lounges by getting a membership and enjoy a range of services like free Wi-Fi, buffet, etc.
• Ways of check-in: Check in online through your desktop, phone, etc. 24 hours to 45 minutes prior to departure. You can also utilize the self check-in service at airports and avoid standing in long check-in queues. The service closes 30 minutes before departure.
• Seat selection: You can select your seats during check-in which is available from 48 hours prior to departure. If you are traveling with infants, bassinets and other facilities are available on long international flights.
• Passengers traveling in the Business and Premium classes have access to priority check-in and priority boarding.
Q. Does Virgin Australia send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Virgin Australia contacts you on your mobile number when there are any changes in the flight schedule.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. If you do not receive flight status alerts, you can update yourself in the following ways:
• Visit mobile.virginaustralia.com/virginaustralia/info/contact/home.html for the contact numbers.
• Check the flight status here flightstatus.virginaustralia.com/flightNumber