WestJet Flight Status
WestJet Airlines Ltd. is a popular
Canadian airline that was founded in 1996. It offers excellent air services at low-costs. Its major hubs are Calgary International
Airport, Vancouver International Airport, and Toronto Pearson International Airport and it serves about 100
destinations across Canada, Europe, Central America, the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean. With a fleet size of 121, flying
425 flights on an average per day, with more than 45,000 passengers, the airline is Canada’s second-largest carrier (after Air
Canada). WestJet has received various awards for its performance. It was named as one of Alberta's Top Employers (by Mediacorp Canada
Inc. in 2008), bagged the first place in Airline Staff Service Excellence (North America in 2010), and was found to be the most
preferred airline of Canada (2009).
Why should you choose WestJet?
Fly with WestJet and experience a world of top-quality amenities and services. They make sure that every minute of your flight is well
worth the money spent, with excellent Wi-Fi connectivity and entertainment options such as movies, music, WestJet Magazine, and TV
shows of a wide variety. You need not worry about losing battery power as they provide dedicated charging slots in your seats. If you
don’t have a laptop/mobile device, you may use the seatback television or even order for tablet rentals onboard. You may also engage
yourself in duty-free shopping of a variety of luxury products. Treat your palate to a vast variety of delectable meals, snacks, and
beverages served onboard, from different cultures and origins.
How do you check flight status for WestJet?
To check the status of any WestJet flight, log on to the official website of WestJet Airlines https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/index and
follow these simple steps:
• On the homepage, go to the ‘My trips’ tab and select the ‘Flight status’ option.
• You will be redirected to the Flight status screen. Enter the flight number to search by flight number or enter the airport
name in order to search by airport. Click on ‘Search’.
The scheduled arrival and departure times for the specific flight will be displayed on your screen.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In case of a canceled flight, WestJet provides adequate compensation in cash and kind to its passengers. Some of these
• Within 24 hours of the booking time, full refund amount will be provided to the original payment form (in case of ticket
cancellation prior to seven days before the travel date) and as travel credit (in case of ticket cancellation within seven days before
the travel date).
• After 24 hours of the booking time, there will be charges on the cancellations, as given in detail at
• In case of cancellation due to overbooking/oversold tickets, you will be put on the next available flight or provide a
• You will be provided meal vouchers, a hotel voucher, in-flight meals/snacks, and refund/travel credit in case of controlled
delays or cancellations.
Key routes of WestJet
Miami to Los Angeles, Chicago
to Toronto, Los Angeles to
San Francisco, Phoenix to Calgary, Orlando to Ottawa, and Dallas to Montreal are some of the key routes of WestJet.
What are the benefits of booking with WestJet?
Amongst the host of benefits offered by WestJet, here are the significant ones:
• Pre-purchase Menu – You can pre-purchase meals of your choice from our pre-purchase menu, 48 hours before flight departure, so
we can bring to you freshly prepared food from our exclusive menu.
• Special passengers – Passengers with special needs (partially sighted/blind, reduced mobility, partial hearing/deaf, allergic,
etc.) are taken care of by airline attendants, with special assistance services/devices, seating, medical equipment, medicines, etc.
before, during, and after the flight.
• Pets – You can fly with your furry friends (over eight weeks old), provided they are healthy, kept in a kennel throughout the
flight, and fed/watered within 4 hours prior to check-in.
• Pregnant passengers – Passengers pregnant (below 36 weeks) can travel with WestJet (by following important tips) and avail
timely assistance from the flight attendants.
Q. Does WestJet send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, WestJet sends out SMS/email alerts about flight status.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert
messages, and how many?
A. You will receive the alerts within 15 minutes (maximum within 3 hours) of receiving information about any
change in the original flight schedules.
Q. What information will WestJet flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts from WestJet will keep you informed about flight delays, cancellation, or diversion.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. You can get in touch with WestJet via:
• Their helpline number 24x7: 1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET), 1-877-737-7001 (for WestJet vacations), and at
https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/about-us/contact-us/phone/index or https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/about-us/contact-us/share-
• Social media - Facebook page , Twitter , or LinkedIn . Their teams are available 24/7 to help the travelers with any travel-