Amsterdam to Beijing Flights – To the Forbidden City
Beijing, the capital of China, remained its political center for nearly eight centuries. Its imperial palaces, opulent temples, tombs, gates, gardens, walls, and museums, along with its modern skyscrapers make it a vibrant cultural center. It is also a business and education hub. China’s varied and distinctive cuisine is represented in Beijing by its most famous dish – the Peking Duck or the Beijing Roast Duck.
Did you know?
• There are 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Beijing with the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven, the Ming Tombs, and the Great Wall of China among them.
• Mandarin, the official language of China is based on the dialect spoken in Beijing.
• Beijing is the only city in the world to be hosting both the Summer Olympics (2008) and the Winter Olympics (2022).
About flights from amsterdam to beijing
Top 5 airlines with maximum number of flights
The top 5 airlines with the maximum number of flights are KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Air France, Turkish Airlines, and Aeroflot.
Airline(s) with cheapest options
The airline with the cheapest flight to Beijing from Amsterdam is Ukraine Intl. Airlines.
The Lowest Fare Finder option by Yatra can be used to find cheap air tickets.
Major layover airports
The major layover airports for flights from Amsterdam to Beijing are Paris (CDG), Frankfurt (FRA), Moscow (SVO), Shanghai - Pudong (PVG), and Guangzhou (CAN).
Turkish Airlines offers web check-in facilities with seat selection options from before 24 hours of the flight. Business Class passengers can avail restaurant-quality service on inter-continental flights, with innovative cuisine, quality menus, and a full bar. The ‘Flying Chefs’ assist the cabin crew in providing traditional Turkish hospitality on the aircraft. Recently, the airlines introduced new luxury amenity kits and Relax Sets, designed by world-famous brands. The Digital Planet (audio and video on demand) in-cabin entertainment system with touch screen program selection options are in use on certain routes.
Reaching the city from beijing capital international airport
The airport is located 32 km northeast of downtown. There are free airport shuttle buses running between terminals 1, 2, and 3. There are shuttle buses to downtown Beijing, every 30 minutes along 18 different airport bus routes. There is also an inter-city bus service offered by the airport along 7 different lines. With the Airport Express Train service, passengers can travel from Terminal 3 and 2 to two stations in Beijing downtown, in approximately 30 minutes. At designated places in the airport, airport taxis are available to travel to the city center.
The offbeat trail
• Visit the Bell and Drum Towers: The Gulou and Zhonglou – Bell and Drum Towers, built by Kublai Khan in 1272, were the official timekeepers during the Yuan and Ming dynasties. They are now in an area surrounded by well-preserved hutongs (traditional Beijing courtyard houses), offering great views of Beijing.
• Explore the Panjiayuan antiques market: Spread over 500,000 square feet, this ‘flea’ market features antiques, handicrafts, and wares like terra cotta figures, relics of the Cultural Revolution, porcelain vases, Qing style furniture, jewels, jade, calligraphic art, and much more. It is ideal for buying souvenirs or a weekend visit.
Packing essentials when visiting beijing
Here’s what you should carry while visiting Beijing:
• Pack light cotton clothes for summer and ample warm woolens for winters.
• Carry cold and flu medicines due to high levels of smog and pollution in the city.
• Those who enjoy cycling should carry a bike helmet, since bicycling is a favorite way to get around Beijing, but helmets are difficult to procure.
• Tissues, non-alcoholic hand sanitizers, sunblock, and an umbrella are a must.
Q. What is the minimum time taken to reach Beijing from Amsterdam?
A. The minimum time taken to reach Beijing from Amsterdam through a direct flight is approximately 9 hours and 30 minutes.
Q. What is the time difference between Amsterdam and Beijing?
A. The time difference between Amsterdam and Beijing is 6 hours, with Beijing being ahead.
Q. When is the first flight from Amsterdam to Beijing?
A. The first flight from Amsterdam to Beijing is at 12:15 AM.
Q. When is the last flight from Amsterdam to Beijing?
A. The last flight from Amsterdam to Beijing is at 9:35 PM.
Q. What are the airport codes for Amsterdam and Beijing?
A. The airport code for Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is AMS and Beijing Capital International Airport is PEK.