Amsterdam to Cape Town Flights – to the Tavern of the Seas
This lively south african city is a rich melting pot of different cultures around the world. Natural wonders and landscapes, historical neighborhoods, creative street art, and the delightful food culture in cape town make it the perfect getaway throughout the year.
Did you know?
• The cape floral kingdom in cape town houses more than 9,600 species of plant life and was declared world heritage site by unesco.
• Cape town is situated on ‘camissa’, an underground river meaning ‘place of sweet waters’.
About flights from amsterdam to cape town
Top 5 airlines with maximum number of flights
British airways, flybe, emirates, air france, and australian airlines are the top 5 airlines with the maximum number of flights from amsterdam to cape town.
Airline(s) with cheapest options
The airlines with the cheapest flight to cape town from amsterdam is turkish airlines, followed by south african airways. Use the lowest fare finder option by yatra to find cheap air tickets.
Major layover airports
Johannesburg and london are two major layover airports for flights from amsterdam to cape town.
Experience tranquility while traveling with air france, that ensures comfort during every journey. Enjoy their diverse selection of entertainment with movies, games, and music. Relish gourmet meals and self-service buffets on their economy class flights. Travel by british airways to have a memorable flight. They provide the ‘m&s on-board’ menu with an array of savory and sweet options for you to relish on short haul flights. Their premium economy class offers more privacy, space, and comfort so that you have a relaxed flight to your destination.
Reaching the city from cape town international airport
Located approximately 20 km from the city center, the cape town international airport is africa’s second busiest airport. You can hire a taxi, take a bus, or rent a car to reach the city. Myciti bus rapid transit services can be availed to reach the civic center bus station in the city center. Taking the bus shuttle services like magic bus is the cheapest way to get to the city. Taxis can be hired in front of the central terminal of the airport. The journey time by taxis is around 25 minutes.
The offbeat trail
• Sleep on table mountain – take the overnight trek to get stunning views of important vantage points on table mountain. The trek starts at the famous kirstenbosch botanical gardens, which is a unesco world heritage site. The old reservoir, the historic waterworks museum, and a rock formation called ‘the diving board’ are some beautiful spots along the way.
• Steam train to cape winelands – travel across the lush cape winelands on a vintage steam train that dates back to the 1920s. The wooden-bodied victorian style steam coaches take you back to the british era. The steam train trip takes you to spier and the stops midway include wine tasting and a visit to the wildlife sanctuary at eagle encounters.
Packing essentials when visiting cape town
Here’s a list of your packing essentials for cape town:
• The weather in cape town is hot for the most part of the year. Carry comfortable and casual clothing.
• June to august are the city’s coldest and wettest months. So, make sure you pack warm clothes and ample rain gear while traveling during this time.
• Sunscreens and swimsuits, if you’re heading to the beach.
Q. What is the minimum time taken to reach cape town from amsterdam?
A. The minimum time taken to reach cape town from amsterdam through a direct flight is approximately 11 hours and 20 minutes.
Q. What is the time difference between amsterdam and cape town?
A. There is no time difference between amsterdam and cape town.
Q. When is the first flight from amsterdam to cape town?
A. The first flight out from amsterdam to cape town is at 07:00 am.
Q. When is the last flight from amsterdam to cape town?
A. The last flight out from amsterdam to cape town is at 11:10 pm.
Q. What are the airport codes for amsterdam and cape town?
A. The airport code for amsterdam airport schiphol is ams and cpt for cape town international airport.