Bangalore to Colombo Flights – Emerging Tourist Destinations
Sri Lanka’s commercial capital, Colombo is a fine balance of economic and tourism activities. Home to people from many ethnicities, the city witnesses unique and diverse celebrations like Duruthu Perahera Festival and Navam Perahera National Day. The top sights of Colombo include Galle Face Green, Viharamahadevi Park, Gangaramaya Temple, and Pettah Floating Market. Cricket fans can watch international matches at R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. The fine seafood served at the restaurants on the Mount Lavinia beach is a treat to foodies.
Bandaranaike International Airport is the major international airport serving Sri Lanka. The airport has a regular flight connectivity to the international airport in Bangalore, India’s Garden City. The major points of interest in Bangalore include Lal Bagh, Cubbon Park, Bannerghatta National Park, Wonder La, MG Road, ISKCON Temple, and Vidhana Soudha.
Top 5 reasons to visit Colombo
1. Delve into the flavors of traditional Sri Lankan food, whose staples include steamed rice, fish/chicken curry, and veggies. Pol Sambola, String hoppers, and Kottu are the drool-worthy dishes to sample in Sri Lanka.
2. Choose from a range of clothing, handicrafts, artifacts, etc. to take back home, from the chaotic Pettah Market. You can even try your luck at bargaining in this market.
3. Heal your ailing body the traditional way with a therapeutic massage at the Ayurvedic massage centers across the city.
4. Take a tour around the National Museum of Colombo where lots of Buddhism-related artifacts and manuscripts can be found.
5. To explore the diverse wildlife of Sri Lanka, visit Yala National Park and Udawalawe National Park.
Best time to visit Colombo
The dry season from January to March is the ideal time to visit Colombo. Expect the temperature to be around 22 °C, during these months. Navam Perahera National Day held in February is a must-see, while you are touring around Colombo.
Flights from Bangalore to Colombo
From Bengaluru International Airport, also known as Kempegowda International Airport, there are regular flight services to Colombo which include direct and connecting flights. Jet Airways and SriLankan Airlines offer direct flights to Colombo whereas Air India, Singapore Airlines, Air Arabia etc. have stopovers at Hyderabad, Singapore, or Sharjah.
Best flight deals
Up-to-date information, exciting discounts, and cheap airfares on flights from Bangalore to Colombo - find all you need to know at Yatra, your online travel guide. Fly via the best budget airlines like Jet Airways, SpiceJet, SriLankan Airlines, and Air India.
Handy Guide on Flights
1. The most popular airlines on this route are Air India, Jet Airways, Emirates, and Etihad Airways.
2. The average flight time is 1 hours and 30 minutes.
3. The earliest flight leaving for Colombo from Bangalore is at 3:25 AM.
4. The last flight leaving from Bangalore to Colombo is at 9:10 PM.
5. Jet Airways and SriLankan Airlines fly directly from Bangalore to Colombo.
6. There is a total of 130 flights a week from Bangalore to Colombo.
7. Aerial distance from Bangalore to Colombo is 711 kilometers, approximately.
Want to know the latest updates on flight schedules, hotel bookings, and web check-in? Check out yatra.com where you can find all the travel-related information. To book cheap flights to Colombo, use the Lowest Fare Finder.