Vancouver is one of the most tourist-friendly destinations in the North American Continent. You can start your tour with a visit to the English Bay, the most popular sunbathing, swimming, and sunset-watching beach of the city. Then, visit the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, which is the first Chinese garden built outside China. Go on a hiking tour at the Lynn Canyon Park. The park has various hiking trails based on various length and difficulty levels. You can also visit the Lost Lagoon, which is an artificial lake and a venue for several types of activities like swimming and boating during the summer season as well as skating during the winter. One such other attraction of the city is the 140 m Capilano Suspension Bridge, which is visited by about 800,000 tourists a year. Apart from this, Vancouver also boasts of a lively nightlife with bars, nightclubs, and pubs that host performances, events, and other celebrations.
Useful tips for the tourists flying to Vancouver
Shopping in Vancouver
Vancouver has a variety of shopping options. Start your shopping spree with the Main Street that is famous for shops with a huge collection of handicrafts, antiques, jewelry, books, and different types of artworks. One of the other shopping areas is the West Fourth Avenue where you can buy superior quality leather products, vases, glass, and metal ornaments, as well as other decorative objects. It is also home to various shopping malls like the Pacific Centre mall, Oakridge Centre Mall, and Richmond Centre Mall, where you can buy a variety of branded and non-branded products.
Food and Beverages
From Indian to Italian, you will find a wide range of dishes served at the different eateries in Vancouver. Try out Indian dishes like Mutton Kebabs with Bengali styled curries, British Columbia Wine, and lamb popsicles at the Vij. You can also try the fusion of Japanese and Italian cuisines served at the Kissa Tanto. Some of its delicacies include the Chilled Seafood Platter (oysters on the half shell, albacore poke, seasonal cured fish, marinated octopus, smoked black cod Saor, daily additions, squid ink crackers), Wagyu Lifter Steak, Half Chicken, and Lamb Shoulder. Other eateries like the Bao Bei, Bao Down, L’Abattoir, and Bauhaus are also highly recommended.
A Few English Words
English and French are the most common spoken languages among all others. So, here are some useful words commonly used in Vancouver.
A toonie is a $2 Canadian coin.
• Double Double:
Dos and Don’ts
• If you visit the city during winter, make sure you carry warm clothes along with coats, hats, and gloves. Also, during any time of the year, the city experiences wet weather, so make sure that you carry rain gear.
• Vancouver is a smoke-free city. So be careful before lighting up. Mostly indoor smoking is prohibited. It would be a good idea to check if you can smoke in an area before you pop that cigarette.
• Credit cards are accepted in most of the places and it is advised to check with the vendors. Most commonly accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Emergency contact numbers
• Ambulance/Fire/Police: 911
• Which airlines offer cheap air tickets to Vancouver?
The airline offering cheap air tickets
to Vancouver is Air China
• What is the time zone used in Vancouver?
The time zone of Vancouver is GMT-8.
• What are the most popular airlines flying from Bangkok to Vancouver?
From Bangkok to Vancouver, the most popular airlines
are Air Canada
, All Nippon Airways, and China Eastern.
• What is the shortest time for a Bangkok to Vancouver flight?
The shortest time for a direct Bangkok to Vancouver flight is 15 hours and 40 minutes.
• What are the top tourist destinations of Vancouver?
Some of the must-visit tourist destinations in Vancouver are Stanley Park, Granville Island, Grouse Mountain, Kitsilano Beach, and Canada Place.
• What is the currency of Canada?
The currency of Canada is Canadian dollar (CAD).
Log in to yatra.com
for all your travel-related queries and information. Avail the services offered by yatra and enjoy your trip.