Bangkok to Venice Flights – From the City of Floating Markets to the Floating City
Known as the ‘Queen of the Adriatic’, Venice is famous for its beautiful surroundings, canals, cobbled lanes, and tourist-friendly environment. Start off with a sightseeing tour on a gondola across the waters of the Grand Canal. You will come across the Rialto Bridge, a major tourist attraction and one of the four bridges spanning over the canal. Visit the Ca' d'Oro (Golden House), which is nestled near the canal, and explore the artistic decorations of the palace. Venice is also known for its vibrant and colorful nightlife, with an array of bars, nightclubs, and lounges. Apart from that, you can also visit the Lido di Venezia, also known as the Venice Lido, which serves as a venue for various events and celebrations.
Useful Tips for Tourists Flying to Madrid
Shopping in Venice
Venice is a city which houses trinket stores, markets, and upscale boutiques. It is one of the best cities in the world to buy antiques like the Murano Glass, Burano Lace, Venetian Masks, Venetian Doorknockers, and handmade shoes. You can also buy clothes, gifts, and other accessories from busy shopping areas like Mercerie, Rialto, and Salizada San Moisè.
Food in Venice
A trip to Venice would be incomplete without gorging on to the delicious dishes which are served here. Some of the famous dishes served in the eateries of Venice include Bigoli in Salsa (whole wheat bigoli pasta, onion, and salt-cured fish), Risotto al nero di sepia (risotto with cuttlefish ink), and Moléche (a dish made from small green crab).
Few Italian Words
Get familiar with some Italian words or phrases, although correct pronunciation and accent might be tricky, initially. Italian is the official language, but Venetian (Vèneto) is widely spoken by the people in Venice.
• Hello: Salve(neutral) / Ciao(informal) / Buon giorno(formal)
• Thank You: Grazie
• Where is the toilet? Dove si trova la toilette?
• Where can I find a taxi? Dove posso trovare un taxi?
• How much does it cost? Quanto costa?
Dos and Don’ts
• Avoid smoking on boats and public transport during your visit to the city.
• Be careful about your belongings due to pickpockets in public areas.
• Switch off your mobile phone when you visit churches and museums.
Emergency contact numbers
• Emergency services number:113
• Fire: 115
• Police: 112
• Ambulance: 118
• Which airlines offer cheap air tickets to Venice?
The airline offering cheap air tickets to Venice are Aeroflot, Malaysia Airlines, and British Airways.
• What is the time zone used in Italy?
The time zone of Italy is GMT +1.
• What are the most popular airlines flying from Bangkok to Venice?
From Bangkok to Venice, the most popular airlines are Lufthansa, Etihad Airways, and Alitalia.
• What is the shortest time for a Bangkok to Venice flight?
The shortest time for a connecting Bangkok to Venice flight is 13 hours and 25 minutes.
• What are the top tourist destinations of Venice?
Some of the must-visit tourist destinations in Venice are St. Mark's Basilica, St. Mark's Square, Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace), Bridge of Sighs, Rialto Bridge and Canale Grande (Grand Canal).
• What is the currency of Italy?
The currency of Italy is Euro.
Take this opportunity to fly from Bangkok to Venice by availing the wide range of services offered by Yatra. You can also check out the availability of various airlines, cheap air tickets, flight schedules, holiday packages, and much more on yatra.com.