Wellington, the capital of New Zealand, is a rich blend of European and Maori history and culture. Having several tourist spots to its credit, like the Museum of New Zealand, Space Place at Carter Observatory, Wellington Zoo, Adrenalin Forest, and many more; this small city is an interesting destination. With sea-facing boulevards, sandy beaches, and harbors, Wellington delights you with its picturesque landscape. The iconic red Wellington Cable Car provides a passage to the Wellington Botanical Gardens from Lambton Quay, giving you a panoramic view of the Wellington skyline. Experience Wellington’s café culture and fine dining, as the city is home to New Zealand’s finest restaurants.
Useful Tips for Tourists Flying to Wellington
Shopping escapade in Wellington
From local to designer fashion and street shops to boutique stores, Wellington is a shopper’s heaven. You can buy souvenirs, gift items, perfumes, watches, clothes, shoes, etc. from several shopping places like Johnsonville Shopping Center and Courtenay Central. The Golden Mile, that covers Lambton Quay, Willis Street, and Manners Street, offers great discounts on shopping. The Cuba Strip, which is home to wide-ranging fashion boutiques and a medley of bars and cafes, makes shopping extremely enjoyable. The Wellington Market and Weta Cave are some other places to shop around for amazing gear with a bohemian touch.
Wellington is home to a number of cafes, bars, and hip and trendy eateries. The city’s surrounding areas have some great vineyards, coffee plantations, and beer gardens which you can visit for a refreshing drink. Some signature dishes of Wellington include Paua Ravioli (ravioli pasta served with basil, coriander, and lime beurre blanc), Roti Canai at Roti Chenai (a type of flatbread served with a curry of your choice), and a Wellington-brewed Craft Beer at Little Beer Quarter.
Dos and Don’ts
• Don’t get into the Wellington Cable Car after getting intoxicated, as it is frowned upon and they may ask you to leave the car.
• Do not pick magic mushrooms in the Wadestown woods without the help of a local guide, as the mushrooms may not be edible and might result in ill health.
• While visiting the beach, always apply sunscreen to avoid sunburn.
• If you climb onto the Fisherman’s Table, do not jump into the water. The depth is half a foot and there are jagged rocks jutting from the bottom.
Emergency contact numbers
• Emergency services (Fire / Police / Ambulance):111
• Which airlines offer cheap air tickets to Wellington?
Cheap air tickets to Wellington from Bangkok are offered by Emirates.
• What is the time zone used in New Zealand?
The time zone used in New Zealand in GMT+12.
• What are the most popular airlines flying from Bangkok to Wellington?
and Qantas Airways
are the most popular airlines flying to Wellington from Bangkok.
• What is the shortest time for a Bangkok to Wellington flight?
The shortest time taken to reach Wellington from Bangkok through a connecting flight is 13 hours and 45 minutes.
• What are the top tourist destinations of Wellington?
The Museum of New Zealand, Zealandia, The Beehive, Space Place at Carter Observatory, and the Wellington Cable Car are some of the top tourist destinations of Wellington.
• What is the currency of New Zealand?
New Zealand Dollar is the currency used in New Zealand.
Log on to yatra.com
to get the best deals on your travel bookings, by searching for cheap air tickets
online. Why stand in the long queues at the airport when you can make use of web check-in
feature on the Yatra App? Download the app now!