Beijing to Berlin Flights - Two Capital Cities
Germany’s capital ? Berlin is well-known for its interesting history, exceptional variety of attractions, and its flourishing cultural scene. Some of the most momentous events of Germany’s history took place in Berlin. Now, it’s this beautiful blend of the past with the present that makes Berlin such a special place to visit. It is the city of music, art, and museums. A popular attraction is the Museum Island, which is home to most important museums in Berlin. Take a stroll in the Grunewald forest or walk along the Berlin Wall. You can also relax by the river Spree, pay a visit to the Berlin Zoo, or discover the ancient Berlin at the Charlottenburg Palace gardens. The carefree lifestyle of the city is infectious, keeping you relaxed, yet eager to see and do more.
Useful Tips for Tourists Traveling to Berlin
Shopping in the city
In Berlin, you can shop for a variety of things, ranging from souvenirs, furniture, and vintage clothing. The shopping areas range from flea markets to malls, boutiques and the KaDeWe - Europe's second largest department store. It houses high-end designers and younger labels like Alice + Olivia. Other popular malls are Mall of Berlin, Galeries Lafayette, and Das Schloss ? The Castle. Budget shopping can be quite rewarding in Berlin. The artsy neighborhoods like Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain are great for grabbing good bargains. Another great spot is the Mauerpark, which hosts a massive flea market on Sundays. Here, you’ll find everything from bicycles to pianos.
Berlin’s best foods
Berlin’s food scene is continuously evolving, thanks to the different ethnic communities that live here. While in the city, visit the food halls, street food stalls, pop-up eateries, and Michelin-starred restaurants. Signature dishes from this region include Currywurst (a combination of pork sausage, cut into slices, smothered with a mixture of sauce and curry powder), Buletten (meatballs), Eierkuchen (pancake), Hackepeter (pork snack), and Pfannkuchen (sweet dough dumplings). Some of the popular eateries are Curry & Chili, Mustafa's Gemüse Kabap, Curry 36, Zur Letzten Instanz, Curry Mitte, Chutnify, Bun Bao, and more.
Though English is popular and is widely understood, it might help to know some local German words and phrases.
• Hello: Hallo
• Thank You: Danke
• Excuse me: Entschuldigung
• Please: Bitte
• How much is that?: Wieviel kostet das?
• I don’t understand: Das verstehe ich nicht
Dos and Don’ts
• While walking, make sure you don’t step on the bike lane (the red lane).
• Avoid jaywalking as you might get fined.
•When you make plans with locals, be on time as Germans are very punctual.
• Use public transport to travel around. The U-Bahn (metro) runs the entire night on weekends, while the buses run all night on weekdays.
• Make sure to get your ticket stamped.
Emergency contact numbers
• Police: 110
• Medical emergency/ accident services / fire brigade: 112
• National emergency number for on-call medical service: 116117
• Which airlines offer cheap air tickets to Berlin?
The airlines offering cheap air tickets to Berlin are Ukraine Intl Airlines and Qatar Airways.
• What is the time zone used in Berlin?
The time zone of Berlin is GMT+1.
• What are the most popular airlines flying from Beijing to Berlin?
From Beijing to Berlin, the most popular airlines are Lufthansa, Cathay Pacific, and Air China.
• What is the shortest time for a Beijing to Berlin flight?
The shortest time for a connecting Beijing to Berlin flight is 11 hours and 40 minutes.
• What are the top tourist destinations of Berlin?
Popular places to visit in Berlin are Museum Island, The Brandenburg Gate, The Berlin Wall Memorial and Checkpoint Charlie, Unter den Linden, Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin Cathedral Church, Berlin Zoological Gardens, and Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.
• What is the currency of Germany?
The currency of Germany is the Euro.
For more information on flight schedules, cheap air tickets, web check-in, and travel packages, log on to yatra.com. Yatra is India’s most trusted travel partner.