Chennai to Bangkok Flights – The Detroit of India to the City of Floating Markets
Bangkok is much more than relaxing massages and exciting nightlife. Located in the delta of the Chao Phraya River in the central part of Thailand, Bangkok offers mouthwatering street food, beautiful views of floating markets, long boat rides along the river, gold-spired Buddhist temples, magnificent skyscrapers, and myriad shopping opportunities. The Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), Lumpini Park, and Jim Thompson House are the must-see attractions here.
Suvarnabhumi Airport is Bangkok’s primary airport, connecting the city to different parts of India, such as Chennai. Chennai is popularly known as ‘The Detroit of India’, as it is a major automobile hub of Nissan, Renault, Ford, BMW, Daimler, Hyundai, and Mitsubishi. It is a city of beaches, temples, zoological parks, and churches.
Top 5 reasons to visit Bangkok
1. It is easy to commute around the city, thanks to abundant taxis, motorbikes, tuk-tuks, underground MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) systems, and BTS Skytrain systems.
2. What could be better than affordable luxury? Bangkok offers accommodations to fit all kinds of budgets so that no one misses having a relaxing vacation.
3. Bangkok’s rooftop bars are a must-visit for all the night owls. The Sky Bar atop Lebua at State Tower is a true beauty. It is one of the highest outdoor bars in the world and was also featured in the movie ‘The Hangover Part II’.
4. Bangkok is synonymous with spas and relaxing massages. So if you want some pampering, Bangkok is the place to be.
5. The Klongs (canals) excursions take you on a fantastic tour along the waterways and canals, giving you a glimpse of the beautiful city.
Best time to visit Bangkok
Make sure you plan your visit to Bangkok during the drier and cooler months of November through mid-April. These months see temperature variations between 21 °C and 32 °C, with lower humidity levels, making it ideal for exploring the city. Bangkok Pride Festival, Chinese New Year, Golden Mount Temple fair, etc. are held during this time. Enjoy the most popular Songkran Festival celebrations (Thai New Year) in April.
Flights from Chennai Airport to Bangkok
Suvarnabhumi Airport is served by major airlines such as Jet Airways, Air India, IndiGo, Malaysia Airlines, Emirates, SriLankan Airlines, etc. Choose from a large number of direct and connecting cheap Bangkok flights. For connecting flights, the stopover airports are at Delhi, Singapore, Mumbai, Dubai, and Hyderabad.
Best flight deals
Make sure you book Chennai to Bangkok flight tickets online much prior to your travel, in order to avail special discounts, cheap air fares and offers. Avail cheap air tickets for Bangkok from Chennai via the budget airlines such as Thai AirAsia, SpiceJet, Air Asia, IndiGo, Scoot, SriLankan Airlines, Tigerair, and Malaysia Airlines.
Handy Guide on Flights
1. The most popular airlines on this route are Malaysia Airlines, Jet Airways, Emirates, IndiGo, Air India, SriLankan Airlines, and Singapore Airlines.
2. The average flight time is 3 hours and 20 minutes.
3. The earliest flight leaving for Bangkok from Chennai is at 01:00 AM.
4. The last flight leaving from Chennai to Bangkok is at 10:30 PM.
5. Thai Airways, Thai AirAsia, SpiceJet, Air Asia, Air Austral, and Hahn Air are the airlines that fly directly from Chennai to Bangkok.
6. There are a total of 62 flights per week.
7. Aerial distance of Chennai to Bangkok is approximately 2,200 km.
Browse through Yatra for the best deals, airline information, web check-in, etc. Find answers to your queries in a jiffy. Retrieve the lowest fare via our Lowest Fare Finder and book cheap air tickets.