Chennai to Colombo Flights – A visit to the lush island country of Sri Lanka
The ‘Garden City of the East’, Colombo is an endearing city with panoramic Southern beaches on one hand and sprawling modernism on the other. Brimming with colonial architecture, colorful markets, authentic foods, and traditional galleries of art and culture, Colombo is an ecstatic mix of heritage and development. The cosmopolitan verve and enticing old quarters of the city will surprise you like never before. Delve into some flavorful seafood in Mt Lavinia Beach, relax at a Spa in Colombo, visit the Gangarama Vihara Temple, get wet at Leisure World, sample the nightlife, and finally, retire along the seaside.
Bandaranaike International Airport is well-connected with Chennai via air. One of the esteemed South Indian cities, Chennai is a place of greenery, scenic beauties, and upscale development. The touches of modernism and glimpses of the past merge in this temple city of India. While in Chennai, never forget to peep into its traditional kitchen and enjoy some authentic South Indian delicacies.
Top 5 reasons to visit Colombo
Colombo should definitely be at the top of your must-visit list. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be an ideal destination for a vacation.
1. Being a seaside city, Colombo provides a calming and relaxing ambience to its visitors.
2. Colombo offers a great dining scene to its visiting gourmands. Do not miss out on Chilli Crabs from the finest restaurants made by top notch chefs in the city.
3. Colombo is a haven for shopaholics. Pettah will make you go crazy by portraying the fashionable collection of fabrics to watches, fruits to electronic goods, and what not!
4. Art galleries, Ayurvedic spas, tea tasting, walking tours, are some of the many aspects that will make you fall in love with Colombo.
5. Get amazed by its multi-faith spiritualism. Pick any religion and you will find an elaborate place of worship following holy customs with the utmost respect and traditional ways.
Best time to visit Colombo
January to March is the best time to visit Colombo. Witness the ecstasy of Duruthu Perahera Festival held in January. Learn about their cultural roots and traditional customs during this festive season.
Flights from Chennai to Colombo
Air India, SriLankan Airlines, Hahn Air Systems, and SpiceJet provide direct international flights from Chennai to Colombo on a regular basis. Approximately, it takes just 1 hour and 40 minutes to reach Bandaranaike International Airport from Chennai via air. Top airlines that provide connecting flights on this route are Jet Airways, Emirates, Qatar Airways, and many more. The layover airports while traveling to this destination are New Delhi, Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Dubai, etc.
Best flight deals
Book Chennai to Colombo flight ticket online from yatra.com easily. Download the Yatra App on your smartphones to know all the flight related information, discounts, offers, cheap air fares etc. The budget airlines on this route are SriLankan Airlines, Air India, and SpiceJet.
Handy Guide on Flights
1. The most popular airlines on this route are SriLankan Airlines, Mihin Lanka, Hahn Air Systems, SpiceJet, and Air India.
2. The average flight time is 1 hour 40 minutes.
3. The earliest flight leaving for Colombo from Chennai is at 12:05 AM.
4. The last flight leaving from Chennai to Colombo is at 09:15 PM.
5. Thai Airways, Air India, SriLankan Airlines, Hahn Air Systems, and SpiceJet are the airlines that fly directly from Chennai to Colombo.
6. There is a total of 415 flights a week.
7. Aerial distance from Chennai to Colombo is approximately 647 km.
1. Which month has the lowest airfare to Colombo?
The cheapest months to fly to Colombo are February and April.
2. Which is the best month to visit Colombo?
January is the best month to visit Colombo. Witness and enjoy the grandeur and verve of Duruthu Perahera Festival held during this time.
3. How far is the city center from the airport?
Bandaranaike International Airport is located at a distance of 35 km from the city center.
4. How to reach the city center from the airport?
Colombo city is connected with the airport through taxis, buses, and tuk-tuks.
5. What is the currency of Sri Lanka and the conversion rate?
The currency is Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR). 1 LKR is equal to 0.45 Indian Rupee.
6. What is the time difference between India and Sri Lanka?
There is no time difference between the two countries.
The Lowest Fare Finder in yatra.com gives information about cheap Colombo flights. It also provides web check-in facilities on booking a flight online. So what are you waiting for? Log on to Yatra or download the Yatra App now!