The Indian aviation industry which is the the third largest civil aviation market in the world has a fascinating history which began in February 1911 with the first commercial flight from Allahabad to Naini, distance of approximately ten kilometres. It was a Humber biplane which had a structure built with mixed steel and wood and was flown by Henri Pequet and carried 6,500 letters. This flight is regarded as the world’s first official airmail service. The next red letter day for Indian aviation was 15th February, 1932 when J.R.D Tata who is considered as the father of Indian Civil Aviation flew a mail consignment from Karachi to Juhu airport. J.R.D Tata who got the first pilot license issued in India went on to found India’s first commercial airline, Tata Airlines which went on to become Air India in 1946.
Another significant development in the history of the Indian aviation industry was opening up of the Indian skies to the private sector in the year 1991. The aviation industry had been nationalised earlier in 1953 by merging together the string of airlines that existed at that time. After the de-regularization of the civil aviation industry, there has been no looking back and the industry has grown phenomenally. Today whether one is thinking of a domestic or international flight there are multiple options available to the customer to choose from.
Yatra, your favourite travel partner has been play a silent part in the civil aviation revolution that has been creating waves in the Indian market. Yatra provides a convenient and holistic user experience to its customers across a varied array of services ranging from flight booking
to the ease of checking flight status
and PNR status
and right up to web check in
The Yatra portal helps customers in every aspect and answers all their queries about their Chennai to Dubai flight ticket like:
Q. What would be the Chennai to Dubai flight fare?
You find the answer with all available options when you input details of your preferred date of travel in the search option of the Yatra portal.
Q. What is my Chennai to Dubai flight status?
By logging on to the real time flight tracker on Yatra you will be directed to the official website of your chosen airline for the latest updates.
Q. What is the Chennai to Dubai flight duration?
This question will get answered at the time of booking your ticket on the Yatra portal itself, the flight duration and departure and arrival times will be shown against each option available.
Q. What is the Chennai to Dubai flight hours?
Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
Q. Can I get some idea of the Chennai to Dubai flight time taken?
Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
What are the airline options that one can explore before booking cheap flight tickets from Chennai to Dubai
Getting to Dubai from Chennai today is quite hassle free. There are a so many choices available for flying from Chennai to Dubai. All the major airline operators fly to Dubai. One can choose from the following airlines for traveling from Chennai to Dubai.
● Air India which is the oldest airline in the country and also happens to be the National Carrier of India. Air India flies to 90 domestic and international destinations including Dubai.
● If you are looking for an economical and at the same time reliable option, then a Chennai to Dubai Indigo flight
is always a good option.
● Chennai to Dubai Emirate flights
run by Emirates Airline headquartered in Dubai and a subsidiary of the Emirates Group wholly owned by Investment Corporation of Dubai.
● Spicejet is the third largest airline in country in terms of passengers and the Chennai to Dubai flights Spicejet
price is always competitive considering that it is a low cost carrier.
● If you are looking at a premium option to fly to Dubai from Chennai, then Jet Airways is a good option. a Chennai to Dubai Jet Airways flight
promises a comfortable and hassle free way to reach Dubai.
How to book?
● Wherever possible try and plan your trip in advance, the earlier you book the cheaper your Chennai to Dubai flight ticket will be while the nearer you book to your departure date the ticket price is going to be more expensive, so do not end up in a situation where you book your Chennai to Dubai flights today
, meaning on the day of travel.
● If you have a flexible itinerary, then juggle with your dates and departure times to find the most economical fare and there are more chances of getting a cheaper price on your Chennai to Dubai air ticket cost
. Look out for late night or early morning flights as these are likely to be cheaper.
● With price wars between airline companies and competition for passenger share, the airlines come up with promotional offers and campaigns. Keep a lookout for these and and take advantage of the lower prices.
Quick Facts that you need to know around your Chennai to Dubai flight route.
● The Chennai to Dubai flights distance
is approximately 2,937 kilometres
● The Chennai to Dubai flight time
is usually in the range of about three and a half hours
● There is a wide choice of airlines to fly from Chennai to Dubai and more than 40 flights
take off to Dubai from Chennai every week
● Flights are available at convenient times. You can check the Chennai to Dubai flight schedule
and also avail the facility of web check in on Yatra.com
What are things that you need know about your Chennai to Dubai flight travel?
About Chennai Airport and How to Get to It
● Your Chennai Dubai flight will take off from the Terminal 2 also known as Anna Terminal of the Chennai International Airport
located at GST Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai-600027, the airport is also referred to as Meenambakkam airport
● The Chennai International Airport is one of the only airport in India to have domestic and international terminals adjacent to each other
● One can reach the International Terminal from the domestic terminal using the services of the free airport shuttle, however it is walking distance
● The Chennai International Airport lies about 21 kilometres from the city centre of Chennai
● Taxis, app based cabs, auto rickshaws and buses are available to to and from the Chennai International Airport
● The check-in process starts 4 hours prior to departure and closes 1 hour before the departure of the international flight at the Chennai International Airport
Don’t forget to carry these documents
The Chennai Dubai flight is is an international flight and would require you to carry all relevant documents which include
● Valid Passport
● Valid Visa
● Any other mandatory documents as required by your country of arrival
About Dubai Airport
● Your Chennai Dubai flight will land at the Dubai International Airport(DXB) located at, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
● The Dubai International Airport
is the busiest in the world in terms of international passenger traffic
● Terminal-3 of the Dubai International Airport is the largest airport terminal in the world
● Dubai International Airport is about 14 kilometres from Dubai city centre
● One can take the Red Line of the Dubai Metro from Terminals T1 and T3 to various locations in Dubai, Buses, Taxis, and Rent-a-Car facilities are also available.
● Dubai International Airport has a range of restaurants, lounges, duty free shopping areas as well as medical centres for the service of the passengers.
Things you need to know to make your Dubai stay a memorable one!
Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates(UAE). The other seven being Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras al-Khaimah, and Umm al-Quwain. Dubai has risen like a shining star from the sands of the desert to emerge as a global city and one of the most important commercial hubs in the world. The oil economy and revenues in the sixties propelled the development of Dubai,however contrary to popular myth, today the main revenue sources for Dubai are tourism, aviation, real estate, and financial services.
Dubai grabs the attention of the world by its futuristic buildings as well as its massive and glitzy malls. An iconic structure of Dubai is the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. Dubai today is a perfect family destination with its beaches, shopping, and numerous entertainment parks that offer world class experiences of fun and adventure.
The Dubai Weather
Dubai is built in the midst of a desert and hence it is natural that it has a hot desert climate. Summers in Dubai sees the mercury soaring with minimum temperatures in the range of 30 degrees centigrade and the maximum temperature soaring above the forties.The hottest month in Dubai is August.The high temperatures combined with the humidity makes it pretty uncomfortable in the summer months. It is sunny in Dubai throughout the year. Winters see minimum temperatures in the range of 14 degrees centigrade and a maximum of around 24 degrees centigrade. The coldest month in Dubai is January.
Things to Do in Dubai
● Go for a Dune bashing safari on the desert sands of Dubai
● Take a Dinner Cruise on the Dubai Marina
● Hop on a helicopter and take in the views of Dubai from the air
● Lose yourself in the glitz and glam of Dubai Mall, the world’s largest retail and entertainment destination
● Take a city tour on one of the double-decker buses
The above is just a glimpse of the endless possibilities that Dubai offers, for more details do check out our blog:
Places to Visit in Dubai
● The Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world
● Jumeirah Beach, it's stretch of white sands and the turquoise waters make for an ideal relaxation
● Dubai Fountain, the largest choreographed fountain in the world, situated in downtown Dubai
Dubai Aquarium and underwater zoo for a unique experience of the underwater world
Dubai is a treasure trove of unique sights and exciting experiences, and is also referred to as the Manhattan of the Middle East, to find out why, do read our blog:
Best Hotels Available in Dubai
Dubai in keeping with its status of one of the busiest commercial hubs of the world has some of the best hotels and resorts in the world.The best of Dubai hotels include Hilton Dubai Creek, Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre Residence, Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, Shangri-La Hotel, Burj Al Arab, Emirates Palace Hotel, Ritz Carlton.