What I should know before booking my Chennai to Singapore flight
• There is a wide choice of airlines to choose from for flying from Chennai to Singapore. Some of the main airlines operating flights to Singapore from Chennai are Indigo
, Jet Airways, Singapore Airlines
, Air India, and Emirates
• Air India which is the oldest airline in the country and also happens to be the National Carrier of India. Air India flies to 90 domestic and international destinations including Singapore.
• A comfortable and reliable option to get to Singapore is by a Chennai to Singapore Singapore Airlines flight, Singapore Airlines is the flag carrier airline of Singapore
• Chennai to Singapore Emirate flights
run by Emirates Airline headquartered in Dubai and a subsidiary of the Emirates
Group wholly owned by Investment Corporation of Dubai.
• Lufthansa is the largest German airline and along with its subsidiaries is the largest airline in the whole of Europe, it is a good option to take a Chennai to Singapore Lufthansa Flight
• Another option to fly to Singapore from Chennai, is Jet Airways. a Chennai to Singapore Jet Airways flight
promises a comfortable and hassle free way to reach Singapore.
• Yatra provides a convenient and holistic user experience to its customers across a varied array of services ranging from flight booking
to the ease of checking flight status
and PNR status
and right up to web check in
• Yatra helps you not only search for flights from Chennai to Singapore for your chosen date, but provides the cheapest, fastest, and best value flights from the lot, you can also filter your results based on price range, stops, layover time etc.
• More than 48 flights fly from Chennai to Singapore every week out of which six airlines fly direct from Chennai to Singapore.
• The general baggage allowance for Economy class passengers traveling from Chennai to Singapore is between 15-20 Kgs., however there may be a variances based on the airlines and it is advised to check with the specific airline one is flying.
• Generally, there are two types of bookings done for any airline refundable and non-refundable, the non-refundable bookings cannot be cancelled while the refundable tickets are cancelled and refund possible as per the specific terms and conditions of the airlines concerned.
• Inflight facilities on flights from Chennai to Singapore are dependent on the airline and the type of flight, facilities could include inflight meal service, inflight entertainment, etc., it is advised to check with the specific airline that one is traveling in.
All Your Questions About Your Chennai to Singapore Flight Answered
Q. What would be the Chennai to Singapore flight fare?
You find the answer with all available options when you input details of your preferred date of travel in the search option of the Yatra portal.
Q. What is my Chennai to Singapore flight status?
By logging on to the real time flight tracker on Yatra you will be directed to the official website of your chosen airline for the latest updates.
Q. What is the Chennai to Singapore duration?
This question will get answered at the time of booking your ticket on the Yatra portal itself, the flight duration and departure and arrival times will be shown against each option available.
Q. What is the Chennai to Singapore flight hours?
Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
Q. Can I get some idea of the Chennai to Singapore flight time taken?
Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
Best time to book cheap Chennai to Singapore Air tickets
● If you have a flexible itinerary and want to check for the cheapest month to travel from Chennai to Singapore, all you have to do in the Yatra flight and fare lookup is to scroll between the months and you can see the price against each day of the month, Wherever possible try and plan your trip in advance, and book a month ahead, the earlier you book the cheaper your Chennai to Singapore flight ticket will be while the nearer you book to your departure date the ticket price is going to be more expensive, so do not end up in a situation where you book your Chennai to Singapore flights today!
● With price wars between airline companies and competition for passenger share, the airlines come up with promotional offers and campaigns. Keep a lookout for these and and take advantage of the lower prices save on your Chennai to Singapore air ticket cost.
● One important thing to bear in mind is that cheap tickets booked as part of a promotional campaign or offer are usually non-refundable and cannot be cancelled.
What documents do I need for my Chennai to Singapore flight
The Chennai Singapore flight is is an international flight and would require you to carry all relevant documents which include
● Valid Passport
● Valid Visa
● Any other mandatory documents as required by your country of arrival
What are the facilities I can avail on a Chennai to Singapore flight?
● Seat selection options are available for some airlines while for some of the budget airlines there could be an additional charge or premium, it is advised to check with the airline regarding exact seat select option available.
● Most of the airlines that include Jet Airways, Singapore Airlines, Air India
, and others offer complimentary in-flight meal while with some others it is paid meal, at the time of booking on the Yatra Portal one can check what type of meal is included in the fare.
● Seats with more leg space are usually at a premium in the Economy Class, comfortable seats, flat beds, and spacious cabins are offered to Business Class passengers in some airlines like Air India and Emirates.
● One can avail the web check-in facility of the specific airline through the Yatra Portal.
● All airlines offer special assistance in boarding as well as disembarking for people with special needs like unescorted children, physically challenged, elderly, and pregnant women .
Important information on my upcoming Chennai to Singapore flight
● The Chennai to Singapore flights distance is approximately 2,927 kilometres.
● The Chennai to Singapore flight time is usually in the range of about three and a half hours.
● There are around 48 flights that take off to Singapore from Chennai every week.
● Flights are available at convenient times. You can check the Chennai to Singapore flight schedule and also avail the facility of web check in on Yatra.com.
● By logging on to the real time flight tracker on Yatra one will be directed to the official website of the airline for the latest updates where the Chennai to Singapore Flight Status can be checked.
Getting to Singapore airport
● To reach Changi Airport one has to transfer to an eastbound train at Tanah Merah Station, Trains from Tanah Merah station are available from 5.20 AM while the last train from Changi Airport to Tanah Merah leaves at 11.18 PM.
● Taxis can be taken from any point in Singapore to reach Changi Airport.
● The service of public buses can also be availed for reaching Changi Airport.
All about Singapore airport
● Changi Airport has four terminals T1, T2, T3, T4 and a Skytrain connects all the terminals Terminals (mention which airlines which terminal).
● The Changi Airport which is one of the busiest airports has flights to more than 350 destinations.
● Changi Airport is an attraction in itself in Singapore and besides a vast shopping area features lounges, movie theatres, fitness centres, restaurants, spas, and much more.
● The check-in process starts 4 hours prior to departure and closes 1 hour before departure, it is advised to check with the airline about reporting time for the particular flight.
Travel tips for your Chennai to Singapore flight
● The Chennai to Singapore flight usually takes around three and a half hours which can be put to good use by catching up on sleep.
● One can enjoy the latests movie you missed or check out the flight path of your aircraft and using the inflight entertainment system.
● Get some reading done, you can also read the inflight magazine provided by the airline.
● Though the Chennai Singapore flight is not a long haul one, do try to move around the plane a bit to ensure proper blood circulation in the legs.
Your Guide to Chennai Airport
● Your Chennai Singapore flight will take off from the Terminal 2 also known as Anna Terminal of the Chennai International Airport
located at GST Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai-600027, the airport is also referred to as Meenambakkam airport.
● The Chennai International Airport is one of the only airport in India to have domestic and international terminals adjacent to each other.
● One can reach the International Terminal from the domestic terminal using the services of the free airport shuttle, however it is walking distance.
● The Chennai International Airport lies about 21 kilometres from the city centre of Chennai.
● Taxis, app based cabs, auto rickshaws and buses are available to to and from the Chennai International Airport.
● The check-in process starts 4 hours prior to departure and closes 1 hour before departure.
● There are options for shopping and food courts at the Chennai International Airport.
What weather to expect in Singapore
Singapore has a tropical rainforest kind of a climate and actually there are no distinct seasons here. Temperatures remain more or less uniform throughout the year. Temperatures in Singapore range between 22 degrees centigrade to 35 degree centigrade. Singapore receives its rains in the months between November to January. Between the months of July to October Singapore sees haze due to the bush fires from neighbouring Indonesia.
Hotels I can find near Singapore Airport
● Some of the luxury and premium hotels near Changi Airport are Crowne Plaza, Changi Cove, Park Avenue.
● Some budget hotels near Changi Airport are Hotel 81, Capri By Fraser Changi City, Village Hotel Changi.
● Some cheap hotels near Changi Airport are Hotel-81 Sakura, The Fragrance Hotel (Joo Chiat), Four Chain View Hotel, Hotel-81 Kovan.
Your Smart Guide to Singapore:
Must See In Singapore
● Gardens by the Bay, a unique, vast and green public garden.
● Merlion Park, which has the iconic statue of the Singapore Lion spewing water.
● Singapore Flyer, hope on for some spectacular views of the city.
● Singapore Botanic Gardens.
Best Places to visit with Kids In Singapore
● Sentosa island, a complete entertainment package for the kids and the entire family.
● Jurong Bird Park, a fascinating world of exotic birds.
● Underwater World Singapore, glimpse the fascinating creatures of the underwater world.
● Singapore Zoo, a neat little zoo with animals in natural environs.
Best Places to eat in Singapore
● For local cuisine eat at The National Kitchen by Violet Oon at the National Gallery.
● For a great buffet spread eat at Marriott Cafe, Orchard Road.
● For vegetarian food eat at Yummy Punjaby.
Best Shopping Places in Singapore
● Orchard Road is a stretch of about 2 kilometres lined on both sides by glitzy malls that showcase the best of global designer brands.
● The Street markets of China Town.
● Little India for cheap clothes and electronics.