Chennai to Singapore Flights – From the Detroit of Asia to the Lion City
Singapore’s urban façade has been attracting tourists to this charismatic city, known for its cultural diversity and fast-paced lifestyle. The nightlife culture, great shopping scene, and myriads of cuisine are reason enough to visit this city. Home to Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, City Hall, and many other imposing structures, you will notice that the historic side of the city is also well-maintained.
From Singapore Changi Airport, there are regular flights to and from Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu in India. Being a popular hub for cultural and economic activities in South India, the city is fast gaining recognition in the tourism sector as well. The UNESCO Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram is one of the must-visit places in Tamil Nadu.
Top 5 reasons to visit Singapore
1. Choose from a range of cuisines including authentic Singaporean, Italian, French, Indian, and Japanese, as Singapore offers a plethora of options when it comes to good food.
2. The nightlife scene of Singapore is indeed very inviting with the many clubs and DJ parties. Explore this aspect of Singapore with a trip to the city center.
3. The city is culturally diverse; hence, you will find people celebrating Chinese New Year and Pongal with the same fervor. Visit Singapore and be a part of all the merrymaking and celebrations.
4. The blend of modern influences and historic past attracts many visitors to this city. The old buildings of Chinatown and the sight of Little India, are equally charming as the sky-high towers of Singapore.
5. Artistically inclined folks will enjoy visiting Gillman Barracks which is home to many art galleries.
Best time to visit Singapore
Singapore has pleasant climatic conditions year round, making it suitable to visit throughout the year. It is best to visit Singapore from July to September when the tropical climate makes it perfect for long walks. For foodies and shopaholics, the ideal time to visit will be the month of July, when Singapore Food Festival and Great Singapore Sale are organized.
Flights from Chennai to Singapore
Chennai is served by Chennai International Airport, from where there are regular flights to Singapore. Frequent direct and connecting flights are offered by major domestic and international airlines like Air India, SriLankan Airlines, Jet Airways, IndiGo, and Air Asia. Stopovers for connecting flights are at Mumbai, New Delhi, and Hyderabad.
Best flight deals
Plan a trip from Chennai to Singapore, based on your budget, with the exciting deals, cheap air fares, and discounts offered by yatra.com. Travel via budget airlines like Air India Express, Air India, SriLankan Airlines, Jet Airways, and IndiGo.
Handy Guide on Flights
1. Jet Airways, Air India, Malaysia Airlines, and Emirates are the most popular airlines on this route.
2. The average flight time is 4 hours.
3. The earliest flight leaving for Singapore from Chennai is at 1:45 AM.
4. The last flight leaving from Chennai to Singapore is at 11:45 PM.
5. Air India Express, Air India, Jet Airways, IndiGo, Singapore Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Scoot, and Silkair offer direct flights to Singapore from Chennai.
6. There is a total of 260 (approx.) flights a week.
7. The aerial distance from Chennai to Singapore is 2,928 kilometers.
Grab the best deals on flights and avail the web check-in facility by yatra.com. Use the Lowest Fare Finder to find cheap air tickets to Singapore.