Delhi to Colombo Flights – Heart of India to Sri Lanka’s Commercial Capital
Colombo, Sri Lanka’s commercial capital, is well-known for its top sights like Galle Face Green, Gangaramaya Temple, Viharamahadevi Park, and Pettah Floating Market. The multi-cultural aspect of Colombo is evident in the way the temples are constructed, with a mix of Sri Lankan, Chinese, Indian, and Thai influences in the architecture. Apart from being a tourist hot spot, the city is also the major financial center of Sri Lanka. Interact with the friendly locals to know more about this city and the history surrounding it.
Bandaranaike International Airport (Colombo Airport) is the major international airport serving Sri Lanka, which is connected to multiple capital cities across the world, one of these being India’s capital, New Delhi. There are frequent flights from New Delhi to Colombo. The points of interest in Delhi include the Red Fort, Qutub Minar, India Gate, Humayun’s Tomb, and Lotus Temple. Now fly easily from Delhi to Colombo, with the premium services offered by yatra.com.
Top 5 reasons to visit Colombo
1. Scout the markets of Colombo for interesting souvenirs, clothing, and handicrafts. Brave the chaos of Pettah Market to get a better perspective of the bustling markets of Colombo.
2. Indulge in the flavors of authentic Sri Lankan cuisine and savor the delicious Chilli Crabs, which this city is famous for.
3. Go for an Ayurvedic spa treatment, detox yourself, and feel refreshed while staying in Colombo.
4. Visit the National Museum of Colombo, which houses Buddhist artifacts and rare ancient manuscripts. Utilize the opportunity to explore the traditional side of Colombo with a trip to the museum.
5. Colombo is also the perfect destination to sample some of the finest tea in the world.
Best time to visit Colombo
Visit Colombo from January to March, when the city experiences the dry season. The average temperature in these months is about 22 °C. Witness the extravagant parade held in February during the Navam Perahera National Day.
Flights from Delhi to Colombo
Indira Gandhi International Airport operates direct and connecting flights to Colombo on a regular basis. SriLankan Airlines and Air India are the airlines that fly directly from Delhi Airport to Colombo. Choose from a range of domestic and international airlines such as Air India, Jet Airways, Emirates, and Etihad Airways, to travel from Delhi to Colombo. For connecting flights, expect stopovers for your flight at Mumbai or Chennai.
Best flight deals
Get all the information on flights from Delhi to Colombo and find all the exciting discounts and cheap air fares on yatra.com. Travel via some of the best budget airlines like Jet Airways, SpiceJet, SriLankan Airlines and Air India. Put aside all your travel woes, with the in-flight entertainment and comfortable seating facilities offered by these airlines.
Handy Guide on Flights
1. The most popular airlines on this route are Air India, Jet Airways, Emirates, and Etihad Airways.
2. The average flight time is 3 hours and 35 minutes.
4. The earliest flight leaving for Colombo from Delhi is at 12:30 PM.
5. The last flight leaving from Delhi to Colombo is at 6:45 PM.
6. SriLankan Airlines and Air India are the airlines that fly directly from Delhi to Colombo.
7. A total of 107 flights operate every week from Delhi to Colombo.
8. Aerial distance from Delhi to Colombo is 2,400 kilometers approximately.
Find the best deals on flights, hotels, and a lot more on yatra.com. Get up-to-date information on web check-in and hotel bookings using our Mobile App. Check out the Lowest Fare Finder to get more updates on cheap flights.