Delhi to Kathmandu Flights - The Culturally Rich Capital of South Asia
If you think that peace and chaos cannot coexist, then visiting Kathmandu will clear your misconception. Nepal’s capital city is full of bustling markets and dusty lanes, yet offers a sense of tranquility that attracts vacationers from far and wide. The UNESCO World Heritage Sites, hidden temples, and aromatic street food stalls offer tourists something new to discover every day. Must-visit attractions are Boudhanath Temple, Pashupatinath Temple, Swayambhunath Temple, Thamel, and Durbar Square.
Tribhuvan International Airport (Kathmandu Airport) is Nepal’s primary international airport and has regular flights to New Delhi Airport. The capital of India, Delhi has been at the forefront of India’s growing economy and centuries-old cultural heritage. When in Delhi, make it a point to visit India Gate, Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, and Lotus Temple.
If you are a person who wish to travel from Delhi to Kathmandu and are confused whether to Delhi to Kathmandu flights or not, we will give you enough reason to make you go there on you next trip.
Top 5 reasons to visit Kathmandu
• Home to seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites, many of which are temples, Kathmandu Valley is the best place to start your spiritual journey.
• No one can resist the sight of delicious, hot ‘momos’ (South Asian dumplings). Have them steamed or fried, with vegetable or chicken filling, and the taste will linger in your mind for a long time.
• Beat the winter chill by buying beautiful wool, Pashmina, and Cashmere shawls and scarves from Kathmandu. Thamel District is where you will find a large number of shops that offer discounts.
• Kathmandu would not be the same, if not for its hospitable and friendly people. Despite having witnessed natural atrocities in the past, the people always have a warm smile and greet tourists travelling from Delhi to Kathmandu with a traditional ‘Namaste’.
• Kathmandu is a must-visit destination for backpackers, as it is very easy to find affordable accommodation options. Prices start at as low as INR 300 (approx.) per night.
Best time to visit Kathmandu
The best time to visit Kathmandu is from September to November (autumn) and February to April (spring). The autumn season experiences clean air and it is also the season of festivities. During spring, the blooming flowers make the city look spectacular and the weather is perfect for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Flights from Delhi to Kathmandu
There are frequent flights between the two cities. Some of the top airlines that operate direct and connecting flights to and from IGI Delhi to Kathmandu are Jet Airways, Air India, IndiGo, Royal Nepal Airlines, etc. For connecting flights, the most common layover airport is Mumbai.
Best flight deals
Yatra.com offers you cheap airfares, discounts, and seasonal offers on a regular basis on Delhi to Kathmandu air ticket. Find Delhi to Kathmandu flight ticket online and book cheap Delhi to Kathmandu flights without burning a hole in your pocket. For a budget-friendly trip from Delhi to Kathmandu, the recommended airlines are Jet Airways, Air India, Royal Nepal Airlines, and IndiGo.
Handy Guide on Flights
• The most popular airlines from Delhi to Kathmandu route are Etihad Airways and Jet Airways.
• The average flight time from Delhi to Kathmandu is 1 hour and 35 minutes.
• The earliest flight leaving for Kathmandu from Delhi is at 07:00 AM.
• The last flight leaving from Delhi to Kathmandu is at 09:05 PM.
• Jet Airways, Air India, Royal Nepal Airlines, and IndiGo are the airlines that fly directly from Delhi to Kathmandu.
• There is a total of 65 flights (approx.) Delhi to Kathmandu flights a week.
• Aerial distance from Delhi to Kathmandu is approximately 800 km.
Yatra’s Lowest Fare Finder has made booking Delhi to Kathmandu flights easier than ever. Now, travel from Delhi to Kathmandu without worrying about your budget. Download the Yatra App for Delhi to Kathmandu flight tickets, hotel bookings, web check-in facility and more.