What are the airline options that one can explore before booking Delhi to Melbourne flights?
China Southern, Air Asia, Air India
, Sri Lankan, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines
, Qantas, Jet Airways
, Malaysia Airlines, Etihad, Thai Airways
, Vistara, China Airlines, Malindo Air, JAL, Emirates
, Dinar Lineas Aereas, Indigo
are some of the airlines that you can look out while booking Delhi to Melbourne flights.
How to book cheap flight tickets from Delhi to Melbourne?
The major expenditure while travelling is usually for the flight tickets and accommodation. Hence, it is important to research well and avail a good deal for Delhi to Melbourne flight prices. While researching, ensure that you check out various service providers before finalize on the cheapest available deal. There are many websites which provide good deals and discounts, you can choose one that best fits your budget. Melbourne ticket from Delhi are cheaper if booked well in advance that is about
90 days ahead of your proposed travel dates or during the off-peak season.
Quick Facts that you need to know around your Delhi to Melbourne flight route
● Delhi to Melbourne flight schedule covers an aerial distance of 10191 kilometres.
● An average Delhi to Melbourne flight hours is about 12 hours and 15 minutes for a non-stop flight.
● Flights on this route with stop overs can take up 16 hours and 30 minutes till 40 hours including the transit time depending on the transit destination.
● There are 59 connecting flights
from Delhi to Melbourne every day.
is the most preferred airlines on this route.
● The lowest Delhi to Melbourne flight fare is Rs. 19,913 this month.
● Melbourne is served by only one airport which is the Melbourne International Airport
● Airport codes for Delhi and Melbourne are DEL and MEL respectively.
What you need to know before flying from Delhi to Melbourne?
1. Airport information
Melbourne airport is also called as Tullamarine airport by the locals and it is the primary airport for the city. This airport is the second busiest in the whole of Australia. There are 4 terminals in this airport – 1 international, 2 domestic and 1 domestic budget terminal. It is 23 kilometers away from the city.
2. Getting to Delhi airport
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport is one of the busiest airports in India. The city of Delhi is well connected through public transport, hence commuting from city to the airport is not a hassle at all. Since the airport is very busy all through the day, you may want to check Delhi to Melbourne flight status before leaving for the airport.
3. Travelling from Melbourne airport
Public transport such as buses and shuttle services, taxis and a proposed rail network are modes of travelling from Melbourne airport to the city.
4. Facilities at Delhi and Melbourne airports
Melbourne airport has 4 hotels, multi-level carparks, shops, restaurants, foreign exchange counters, baby care rooms and many other modern facilities. Delhi airport
facilities include medical care, ATMS, foreign currency exchange, lounges, hotels, lost and found and many other services.
Information for your journey from Delhi to Melbourne
1. Time difference
The time difference between Melbourne and Delhi is 4 hours and 30 Minutes with Melbourne being ahead of time.
2. Weather in Melbourne
Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) are good times to visit Melbourne as the climate is very pleasant during this time and you can explore the city by foot or grab a cycle and ride around.
3. Exchange rate
The currency in Australia is the Australian Dollars (AUD) and the exchange rate for dollars to Rupees is; 1 AUD = 51.37 INR.
4. Cost of living in Melbourne
Owing to the high exchange rate value, Melbourne is quite an expensive city for Indians to travel to. However, you can choose from various Melbourne tour packages to suit your budget.
5. Mode of payments accepted in Melbourne
Melbourne being the largest city in Australia is advanced technologically as well as economically. All cards (debit/credit/international) are widely accepted everywhere in the city. However, if you plan on traveling to the country sides it is always better to have some cash in hand.
Documents required to travel from Delhi to Melbourne
● The documents required for your Melbourne flights from Delhi are;
● Passport which is valid for at least 6 months
● Valid Australian Visa (tourist/business/student)
● Return flight tickets if you are just visiting as it is sometimes asked by the immigration officers depending on the type of your visa.
Melbourne is the capital city of the state of Victoria and it is also the largest city. It is a major hub for finance, economy, culture and commerce in Australia and has been considered the most liveable city in the country many times. There is a lot of tourist attractions to visit here which are listed below.
Things to Do in Melbourne
Melbourne being a global and cosmopolitan city with a good heritage there are many things to do such as visiting the sight-seeing spots, many wildlife sanctuaries and zoos, historical and heritage buildings, gardens and parks, pristine beaches and many more.
Places to Visit in Melbourne
● Yarra River
● Flinders Street Railway Station
● Federation Square
● Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria
● Queen Victoria Market
● Puffing Billy Railway
● Port Phillip
● Eureka Tower
● Yarra Valley
● Luna Park
● Crown Melbourne
● National Gallery of Victoria
● Melbourne Zoo
● Melbourne Cricket Ground
● Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium
● Shrine of Remembrance
● Royal Exhibition Building
● St Kilda Beach
● State Library of Victoria
● Healesville Sanctuary
● Werribee Open Range Zoo
● Melbourne Museum
● Fitzroy Gardens
● St Pauls Cathedral
● Dandenong Ranges National Park
● Great Ocean Road
● Carlton Gardens
● Melbourne Star
● Parliament House
● Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
Best Hotels Available in Melbourne
● Grand Hyatt Melbourne
● Crown Towers
● Park Hyatt
● Melbourne Marriott
● The Langham
● The Cullen
● Hotel Windsor
● Atlantis Hotel
● The Lyall
● The Olsen
● Pullman Melbourne On the Park.