Iconic cityscapes, amazing road trips, unique wildlife, unlooked-for adventures: these form the essence of Australia, often called as Oz or the Land Down Under. Endowed with natural wonders and rare species of wildlife, this vast continent is the perfect destination for travel-junkies, always offering something new and exciting. Canberra, the capital city, is famous for many monuments and gardens, but Sydney remains the iconic city of Australia. After a dose of the glamorous city life, explore the wild Outback, the vineyards of Melbourne and the natural beauty of Cairns. To ensure a happy and hassle-free trip, book the Australia flight tickets in advance from Yatra.com and get plenty of deals on selected flights to Australia
Best time to visit Australia
The northern parts of Australia experience a tropical climate with hot and humid summers and dry winters. In the south, the climate is more temperate, with mild summers and cool, rainy winters. In order to experience the best of Australia, no matter which part of the country you visit, it is best to visit in spring, from September to November.For getting cheap flights to Australia
, book your tickets to Australia months before. You can check our website to know more about the price and schedule of flights to Australia
. In addition, you can also get various deals and discounts on flights to Australia
at our website.
How to reach Australia
Regular flights to Australia are available from every major city in the world. Enjoy direct flights to the Land Down Under with Air India from Delhi, which takes around 12 hours. Top domestic and international airlines like Air India
, Jet Airways, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways
, Singapore Airlines, Emirates
, Etihad Airways, Malaysia Airlines
, and Qatar Airways operate frequent flights to various cities in Australia from cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore. The busiest airports in Australia are at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth.
Where to stay in Australia
Whether you are out on a backpacking trip, a honeymoon or a family vacation in Australia, accommodation will be the least of your worries. Canberra has a variety of accommodation ranging from luxury hotels, self-contained apartments, camping grounds to comfortable Bed & Breakfast guesthouses. The prices range from INR 6,000 to as high as INR 60,000. The dazzling city of Sydney has myriad accommodation options as well, including luxury resorts, hotel apartments overlooking the harbor as well as simple guesthouses, and backpacking or hostel accommodations. Prices start from as low as INR 6,000 to as high as INR 45,000. However, do book the accommodation when you are booking flights to Australia
for a trouble-free trip. At Yatra.com, you can not just book the flights to Australia
but also the hotels and resorts in Australia.
Must-visit places in Australia
Australia has something for everyone, whether you are looking to experience a glamorous city life, a rustic country side, an adventurous safari or a quiet retreat in the lap of nature.
• Sydney is the epitome of a dazzling lifestyle; the iconic Sydney Opera House and Sydney Tower attracts thousands of visitors annually. A minute on the lookout at Sydney Harbor Bridge will last an eternity, holding you spellbound with its majestic structure as well as the breathtaking view.
• Canberra, the capital of Australia, has plenty of interesting monuments, galleries, and museums. The Parliament House, War Memorial, National Gallery and Telstra Tower are a few of them. Commonwealth Park, Black Mountain and Mount Majura are some of the nature retreats to be found in this city.
• A drive along the Great Ocean Road and a trip to the vineyards of Yarra Valley are a must, while in Melbourne. The gigantic Sea Life Aquarium and the neo-Gothic St Paul’s Cathedral are other attractions of this city.
• Cairns is the perfect tropical getaway, with the most famous attraction being the Great Barrier Reef. Dive into the cerulean depths and be amazed by the colorful corals and variety of marine life. Enjoy a trip on Skyrail, a cableway over a rainforest.
• No trip to Australia will be complete without an exploration of the great Outback. This vast desert area has plenty of attractions for adventure lovers. Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon and Lake Eyre are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to exploring the Outback.
It is important to know about these places before you take any of the flights to Australia
, so do research and then book your Australia flight tickets accordingly.
What to shop for in Australia?
From high end fashion accessories to aboriginal artifacts, there are plenty of souvenirs for you take home after a trip to Australia. Unique jewelry, especially ones made with signature opals and pink diamonds, is highly coveted. Aboriginal artworks will lend a charm to your home as well as make for beautiful gifts to your loved ones. Do not forget to buy a bottle or two of Australian wine, to be enjoyed in the comforts of home.To enjoy all these without any hassle, book the tickets to Australia
today and prepare the itinerary!
Cuisine of Australia
Typical Australian dishes contain a lot of meat and fish, washed down with stubby (beer) or wine. Some of the must-try dishes include Anzac biscuits, Pavlova, Vegemite, Ham and Pea Soup, Damper, Lamingtons, Tim Tams, Meat Pies and Fish & Chips.Now if you are planning to visit Malaysia this season, wait not and check the tickets to Australia on Yatra.com and book the best flights to Australia
for comfortable travel.