Kolkata to Bangkok Flights – Cultural Extravaganza
Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand, is known for its pristine Buddhist temples and the cosmopolitan culture. One of the top tourist destinations, this city lures visitors with its distinct floating markets like the Wat Sai Floating Market, exotic clubs, various museums, and many high-end restaurants. Witness the Chinese New Year and be a part of all the festive activities such as Songkran and Loy Krathong Festival in this city.
Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport has direct and connecting flights to Kolkata, India’s cultural capital. The colonial architecture of Kolkata, the various art galleries, and the vibrant festivals impart a unique charm. The major attractions of Kolkata are Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge, Indian Museum, and Dakshineswar Kali Temple. Avail the many services offered by yatra.com, to travel from Kolkata to Bangkok via flight.
Top 5 reasons to visit Bangkok
1. Tour around the famous Buddhist temples of Bangkok such as Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Arun, Wat Chana Songkram, etc. Enjoy your tryst with the traditional side of this bustling city.
2. Sample the delectable Thai food like Thai Fried Rice, Som Tam, Massaman Curry, available everywhere in Thailand. Besides authentic Thai cuisine, there are many restaurants offering international cuisines worth savoring.
3. Learn more about Thai culture, traditions, and lifestyle of people with a visit to one of the many museums in Bangkok like Bangkok National Museum and Bangkok Folk Museum.
4. The resplendent nightlife scene of Bangkok is what makes it one of the most visited cities in the world. So, enjoy partying at the clubs and witness the live performances by international performers.
5. Buy handicrafts, souvenirs, clothing, and much more from the Chatuchak Market in Bangkok. Cheap rates and abundant varieties make shopping at these markets even more exciting.
Best time to visit Bangkok
The ideal time to visit Bangkok is from November to mid-April when there are a lot of festivities and celebrations happening in the city. November to February will be a good time to visit as the climatic conditions are pleasant during this season. Explore the city and the top tourist places during these months. The Thai New Year celebration held in April and Loy Krathong festival held in November are the two must-see festivals of Bangkok.
Flights from Kolkata to Bangkok
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport is the airport serving Kolkata, from where there are many connecting and direct flights to Bangkok. The top domestic and international airlines which fly on this route are SpiceJet, Air India, IndiGo, Jet Airways, Qatar Airways, and Singapore Airlines. Mumbai and New Delhi are the major stopover points for non-direct flights.
Best flight deals
Book Kolkata to Bangkok flight ticket online in advance, to avoid any kind of inconvenience at the last minute. Yatra brings you the latest updates on deals and discounts, so you can easily plan a pocket-friendly trip. Budget airlines which offer services on this route are SpiceJet, IndiGo, and Air India.
Handy Guide on Flights
1. The average flight time is 2 hours and 35 minutes (approx.).
2. The earliest flight leaving for Bangkok from Kolkata is at 12:05 AM.
3. The last flight leaving from Kolkata to Bangkok is at 8:45 PM.
4. Thai AirAsia, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Hahn Air Systems, and Thai Airways are the airlines that directly fly from Kolkata to Bangkok.
5. A total of 100 (approx.) flights fly from Kolkata to Bangkok every week.
6. Aerial distance from Kolkata to Bangkok is approx. 1,638 kilometers.
1. Which month has the lowest airfare to Bangkok?
The cheapest months to fly to Bangkok are March, June, and February.
2. Which is the best month to visit Bangkok?
The best month to visit Bangkok is April, when the Songkran or Thai New Year is celebrated.
3. How far is the city center from the airport?
From the city center, the airport is situated at a distance of 30 kilometers.
4. How to reach the city center from the airport?
You can avail the services of buses, trains, or cabs to reach your destination.
5. What is the currency of Thailand and the conversion rate?
The currency of Thailand is Thai Baht, and 1 Thai Baht is equal to 1.92 Rupees.
6. What is the time difference between India and Thailand?
Thailand is 1 hour and 30 minutes ahead of India.
Find the best deals and discounts on flights and hotels on yatra.com. Use the Lowest Fare Finder to book cheap flights to Bangkok. You can also avail the web check-in facility.