London to Las Vegas Flights - Make your way to The Entertainment Capital of the World
Las Vegas, or the City of Las Vegas is in the state of Nevada, United States. Known for its nightlife, casinos, gambling, shopping, fine dining and entertainment, this resort city never sleeps, and it’s no wonder that Las Vegas is one of the top three must-visit destinations in the United States. Nicknamed the ‘Entertainment Capital of the World’ and even ‘Sin City’ for the several exciting forms of entertainment it offers, Las Vegas should be on your must-visit list. Remember though, that the heart of the entertainment industry is located just outside the city limits, on the Las Vegas Strip, or simply, ‘The Strip’, a fascinating stretch along the Las Vegas Boulevard that is magical and fantasy-laden for even the most seasoned travelers.
Useful tips for tourists flying to Las Vegas
Where to shop
Shopaholics, rejoice! You will be spoiled for choice in Las Vegas, as the malls here cater to every budget, from the value seekers to moderate and premium pricing. Among the best fashion stores are located at Via Bellagio and Crystals, while the Downtown Container Park offers quality wardrobe staples and accessories. A must-visit is the Hawaiian Marketplace, that not only provides plenty of clothing options but where you can also enjoy music from live bands that play throughout the day. Also consider having Le Boulevard at Paris on your list, and enjoy the sights and sounds of a recreated Paris, in addition to sipping on some amazing French wine.
What to eat
There are more restaurants, bars and cafes than you can probably count in this vibrant city, but Planet Hollywood is definitely on every traveler’s must-visit list. The Top of the World offers a magnificent city view, and to add to the fun element, the restaurant revolves 360 degrees every 80 minutes! When in Las Vegas, don’t forget to sink your teeth into some divine seafood, in addition to some inspiring world cuisine. The Roof is an open-air bar that is known for its cocktails, so take in the view as you raise a toast to many more such holidays.
The Local Language
Getting yourself understood in the world’s undisputed entertainment capital is not difficult, since everyone speaks English. Las Vegas is Spanish for ‘The Meadows’, and riding on this influence, Spanish is widely spoken, followed by languages of the other ethnic groups present. Here are some phrases that should help you understand the local lingo in Las Vegas:
• Eye in the sky – Being watched on CCTV camera all the time, especially on The Strip
• Long haul – To be taken purposefully on extra-long taxi ride, with the intention to increase the fare
• Toke – Gratuity or tip
• Comp – Short for free or complimentary
• RFB Comp – Room, food and beverages complimentary (given by the hotel)
Dos and Don’ts
• Players at casinos need to be at least 21 years of age. Avoid taking along personal electronics items to casinos.
• Given the fact that Nevada is in the desert, sunscreen and drinking plenty of water is a good idea to stay hydrated.
• While security in the city is tight, be sure you take care of yourself and your belongings, especially in crowded places.
• Do check for the appropriate smoking etiquette, be it at a casino, restaurant or even the international airport.
Emergency contact numbers
• Information Assistance: 411
• 24-hour Chemist: While there are several 24-hour chemists in Las Vegas, among the more popular are Advanced Care Rx Pharmacy, Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy.
• Fire: 911
• Police: 911
• Ambulance: 911
• Which airlines offer cheap air tickets to Las Vegas from London?
The airline offering cheap air tickets to Las Vegas from London is Scandinavian Airlines.
• What is the time zone used in Las Vegas?
The time zone of Las Vegas is UTC/ GMT -8 hours. The time zone abbreviation used is PST (or Pacific Standard Time).
• What are the most popular airlines flying from London to Las Vegas?
From London to Las Vegas, the most popular airlines are Virgin Atlantic, Norwegian Air Shuttle, and United Airlines.
• What is the shortest time for a London to Las Vegas flight?
The shortest time for a direct London to Las Vegas flight is around 10 hours and 45 minutes.
• What are the top tourist destinations of Las Vegas?
Some of the must-visit tourist destinations are the Las Vegas Strip, Fremont Street Experience, the Fountains of Bellagio, and if traveling with family, the Discovery Children’s Museum. You could also take an exciting helicopter ride over Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, or opt for the stimulating Vegas Indoor Skydiving. Don’t forget to pay a visit to the Downtown Arts District, with its numerous art galleries, dance performances, ballets and operas.
• What is the currency of Las Vegas?
The currency of Las Vegas is the US Dollar (USD).
Check the flight schedule on Yatra from London to Las Vegas and fulfill your dream of visiting the vibrant and exciting city. The lowest fare finder will help you get cheap air tickets for the holiday of a lifetime.