Mumbai to Kathmandu Flights – City of Dreams to the City of Glory
Kathmandu is the largest and capital city of Nepal which was earlier known as Kantipur, meaning ‘The City of Glory’. It is home to seven UNESCO World Heritage sites that include Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Changu Narayan Temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, and Swayambhunath Temple. While some tourists are lured by the city’s hiking and trekking opportunities, some others come here for spiritual awakening and embracing the cultures. It is a beautiful destination, worth visiting once in your life.
Tribhuvan International Airport is the primary airport of Kathmandu, with connectivity to major cities of the world, including Mumbai. Mumbai is known to be a city that makes every dreamer’s dream come true. People also flock to Mumbai to explore its amazing tourist spots such as the Marine Drive, Bandra-Worli Sea Link, Gateway of India, Babulnath Temple, Kanheri Caves, Worli Sea Face, and Water Kingdom.
Top 5 reasons to visit Kathmandu
1. Kathmandu’s streets like the Asan and the Thamel tourist district offer beautiful pashminas, Cashmeres, winter jackets, and woolen scarfs.
2. Foodies will get a variety of foods to try in Kathmandu, at very low prices. Savor the Nepalese dumplings (momos), Dal Bhat (lentil soup), and Keema Chatamari (Nepalese version of pizza).
3. Tourists from all over the world flock to Kathmandu to behold the splendid UNESCO World Heritage sites. You cannot miss the Boudhanath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square, and Pashupatinath Temple that are a major part of Kathmandu’s pride.
4. Kathmandu’s Thamel district has a tranquil Garden of Dreams that is a great place for those looking for a calm retreat.
5. Kathmandu offers amazing options for hiking and trekking. Opt for hiking along Chisapani, Champadevi, or Nagarkot region of Kathmandu.
Best time to visit Kathmandu
September to November is the best time to visit Kathmandu when the weather remains pleasant and clear after the monsoon rains. You can participate in the important festivals of Kathmandu like Tihaar (Diwali) and Dashain (Durga festival), during these months. Get into wildlife exploration, trekking, or photography. February to April is also a great time to visit Kathmandu when the spring makes everything around beautiful. Celebrate Holi and Bisket Jatra with the locals in this time.
Flights from Mumbai to Kathmandu
Tribhuvan International Airport serves the city via major airlines such as Jet Airways, Etihad Airways, Thai Airways, etc. There are direct and connecting cheap Kathmandu flights that operate on this route. The connecting airlines fly over the major layover airports like Delhi, Abu Dhabi, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, and Kuala Lumpur.
Best flight deals
Make sure you book Mumbai to Kathmandu flight ticket online well in advance, to avail discounts. For cheap airfare, fly with budget airlines like IndiGo, and Royal Nepal Airlines that offer cheap air tickets for Kathmandu from Mumbai.
Handy guide on flights
1. The most popular airlines on this route are Air India, Jet Airways, Royal Nepal Airlines, Etihad Airways, IndiGo, Malaysian Airlines, and Vistara.
2. The average flight time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
3. The earliest flight leaving for Kathmandu from Mumbai is at 11:20 AM.
4. The last flight leaving from Mumbai to Kathmandu is at 05:25 PM.
5. Jet Airwaysand Royal Nepal Airlines fly directly from Mumbai to Kathmandu.
6. There is a total of about 10 flights a week.
7. The aerial distance from Mumbai to Kathmandu is approximately 1,600 km.
Yatra gives instant and updated information for all your travel-related queries. Airlineavailability, web check-in, hotel bookings, lowest fares, etc. can be checked and booked through yatra.com.