Mumbai to Colombo Flights - Financial hubs of the Indian Sub-Continent
The gateway to Sri Lanka, Colombo is a port city that was an important part of East-West trade routes more than 2,000 years ago. Today, the country is a major financial hub and an emerging tourist destination that boasts of a spectacular colonial heritage. Galle Face, Gangaramaya Temple, Viharamahadevi Park, and Kelaniya Raja Maha Viharaya are just a few popular attractions that Colombo offers.
Colombo is served by Bandaranaike International Airport which offers excellent connectivity to many parts of the world. With a large number of flight options available, traveling from Mumbai, the financial center of India, will prove to be enjoyable and convenient. The ‘Hollywood of India’, Mumbai is the land where dreams come true. Must-visit attractions are Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, and Siddhivinayak Temple.
Top 5 reasons to visit Colombo
1. Pettah Market in Colombo should be at the top of every shopaholic’s must-visit list. You can get everything from sarees to fruits and medicines.
2. Colombo’s culinary delights will leave you licking your fingers. Relish delicious items like Fish Curry, Parippu, Young Jackfruit Curry, Beetroot Curry, and many more.
3. Sri Lanka is famed for its Ayurvedic spas. Let go of all your worries with a relaxing massage before continuing your adventure.
4. India-Sri Lanka cricket rivalry goes back to decades. If you are a cricket fan, catch an exciting match at the R. Premadasa Stadium.
5. When in Colombo, visit museums such as the National Museum of Colombo to get a glimpse of the British, Dutch, and ancient Buddhist influences.
Best time to visit Colombo
Although the city is a year-round destination, the best time to visit Colombo is from January to March. The weather is usually sunny, making it a great time to explore the city. Do not miss the Duruthu Perahera Festival held during this season. The festival celebrates Lord Buddha’s first visit to the country 2,500 years ago.
Flights from Mumbai to Colombo
Flying to Colombo from Mumbai is convenient and hassle-free because many airlines operate direct and connecting flights between the two cities. Choose from a number of domestic airlines and international airlines that include Air India, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, and a lot more.
Best flight deals
To get the best deals, book Mumbai to Colombo flight tickets online. Find the latest offers, deals, and discounts on cheap air fares. Enjoy a pocket-friendly holiday by availing the services offered by Air India, Jet Airways, and SpiceJet.
Handy Guide on Flights
1. The most popular airlines on this route are Jet Airways and Air India.
2. The average flight time is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
3. The earliest flight leaving for Colombo from Mumbai is at 02:00 AM.
4. The last flight leaving from Mumbai to Colombo is at 03:10 PM.
5. Jet Airways and SriLankan Airlines are the airlines that fly directly from Mumbai to Colombo.
6. There is a total of 220 flights a week.
7. The aerial distance from Mumbai to Colombo is approximately 1,550 km.
Looking for cheap Colombo flights? Log on to yatra.com and check out our Lowest Fare Finder. Avail amazing facilities like web check-in and board your flight without any hassles.