Mumbai to New York Flights – Cities of Skyscrapers
The Indian aviation industry which is the the third largest civil aviation market in the world has a fascinating history which began in February 1911 with the first commercial flight from Allahabad to Naini, distance of approximately ten kilometres. It was a Humber biplane which had a structure built with mixed steel and wood and was flown by Henri Pequet and carried 6,500 letters. This flight is regarded as the world’s first official airmail service. The next red letter day for Indian aviation was 15th February, 1932 when J.R.D Tata who is considered as the father of Indian Civil Aviation flew a mail consignment from Karachi to Juhu airport. J.R.D Tata who got the first pilot license issued in India went on to found India’s first commercial airline, Tata Airlines which went on to become Air India in 1946.
Another significant development in the history of the Indian aviation industry was opening up of the Indian skies to the private sector in the year 1991. The aviation industry had been nationalised earlier in 1953 by merging together the string of airlines that existed at that time. After the de-regularization of the civil aviation industry, there has been no looking back and the industry has grown phenomenally. Today whether one is thinking of
a domestic or international flight there are multiple options available to the customer to choose from.
Yatra, your favourite travel partner has been play a silent part in the civil aviation revolution that has been creating waves in the Indian market. Yatra provides a convenient and holistic user experience to its customers across a varied array of services ranging from flight booking to the ease of checking flight status and PNR statusand right up to web check in facilities.
The Yatra portal helps customers in every aspect and answers all their queries about their Mumbai to New York flight ticket like:
Q. What would be the Mumbai to New York flight fare?
A. You find the answer with all available options when you input details of your preferred date of travel in the search option of the Yatra portal.
Q. What is my Mumbai to New York flight status?
A. By logging on to the real time flight tracker on Yatra you will be directed to the official website of your chosen airline for the latest updates.
Q. What is the Mumbai to New York flight duration?
A. This question will get answered at the time of booking your ticket on the Yatra portal itself, the flight duration and departure and arrival times will be shown against each option available.
Q. What is the Mumbai to New York flight hours?
A. Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
Q. Can I get some idea of the Mumbai to New York flight time taken?
A. Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
What are the airline options that one can explore before booking cheap flight tickets from Mumbai to New York
Getting to New York from Mumbai today is quite hassle free. There are a so many choices available for flying from Mumbai to New York. All the major airline operators fly to New York. One can choose from the following airlines for traveling from Mumbai to New York.
● Air India which is the oldest airline in the country and also happens to be the National Carrier of India. Air India flies to 90 domestic and international destinations including New York.
● A comfortable and reliable option to get to New York is by a Mumbai to New York British Airways flight, British Airways is the largest airline of the United Kingdom.
● Mumbai to New York Etihad flights run by Etihad Airways headquartered in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, it is the second largest carrier of the UAE.
● Delta Airlines is one of the major American airlines headquartered in Atlanta and makes it is a good option to take a Mumbai to New York Delta Airlines Flight.
● Another option to fly to New York from Mumbai, is Jet Airways. a Mumbai to New York Jet Airways flight promises a comfortable and hassle free way to reach New York.
How to book?
● Wherever possible try and plan your trip in advance, the earlier you book the cheaper your Mumbai to New York flight ticket will be while the nearer you book to your departure date the ticket price is going to be more expensive, so do not end up in a situation where you book your Mumbai to New York flights today, meaning on the day of travel.
● If you have a flexible itinerary, then juggle with your dates and departure times to find the most economical fare and there are more chances of getting a cheaper price on your Mumbai to New York air ticket cost.
Look out for late night or early morning flights as these are likely to be cheaper.
● With price wars between airline companies and competition for passenger share, the airlines come up with promotional offers and campaigns. Keep a lookout for these and and take advantage of the lower prices.
Quick Facts that you need to know around your Mumbai to New York flight route.
● The Mumbai to New York flights distance is approximately 12,534 kilometres.
● The Mumbai to New York flight time is usually in the range of about Sixteen hours.
● There are around 15 flights that take off to New York from Mumbai every week.
● Flights are available at convenient times. You can check the Mumbai to New York flight schedule and also avail the facility of web check in on Yatra.com.
What are things that you need know about your Mumbai to New York flight travel?
About Mumbai Airport and How to Get to It
● Your Mumbai New York flight will take off from the Terminal-T2 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport situated in Western Express Highway, Sahar, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400 099.
● T-2 is the terminal for International arrivals and departures and is about 5 kilometres away from the domestic terminal T1 and is referred to sometimes as Sahar Airport by locals.
● One can reach the International Terminal from the domestic terminal by Taxi or Auto Rickshaw and should allocate sufficient time for the same.
● Checking in to your international flight is from the level 4 of the International Terminal T-2 and the check-in process starts 4 hours prior to departure and closes 1 hour before.
Don’t forget to carry these documents
The Mumbai New York flight is is an international flight and would require you to carry all relevant documents which include
● Valid Passport
● Valid Visa
● Any other mandatory documents as required by your country of arrival.
About New York Airport
● Travellers arriving at New York have three airports to choose from John F Kennedy(JFK), La Guardia(LGA), and Newark(EWR) in New Jersey.
● Your Mumbai New York flights will be arriving at one of the three airports based on the airline you are flying and your choice.
● Kennedy Airport(JFK) located at Queens, NY 11430, USA is the main international airport serving New York city.
● AirTrain JFK is the best way to travel to, from, and around JFK airport, major destinations in New York are
served by the AirTrain, travelling within the airport in the AirTrain is free.
● Taxis, shared Taxi and Van services may be used to travel to various New York locations from the John F Kennedy airport.
● La Guardia airport is located at Queens, NY 11371, USA and buses of the New York Metropolitan Transport Authority(MTA) may be used to get to and from the airport.
● There are a number of car, van, and shared ride services available at La Guardia airport.
● The Newark Liberty International Airport is the main airport serving the state of New Jersey and is located at 3 Brewster Rd, Newark, NJ 07114, USA.
● A fast and easy option to get to and from the Newark Liberty International Airport is by AirTrain, travelling within the airport in the AirTrain is free.
● Public bus, car, and van services are also available to get to and from the Newark Liberty International Airport.
Things you need to know to make your New York stay a memorable one!
About New York
New York is a city as well as the name of a state in the United States of America. It is the most densely populated city in the United States of America. New York occupies a very important role in global commerce, culture, media, entertainment, and politics. It is where the headquarters of the United Nations is located and also two of the world’s largest stock exchanges, the New York Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ.
New York can easily be termed as the most happening city in the world. As the sun sets across the Hudson river, New York erupts in bright and brilliant colours, its skyscrapers transform into bejewelled wonders as the best of performers across genres of music, dance, and other performing arts take centre stage in venues across the city. The culinary magic of the city entices with its offerings of food from across the globe. New York is indeed a city
which in many ways is a slice of the globe.
The New York Weather
New York has a humid and sub-tropical climate. The winter months see temperatures falling to as low as -12 degrees centigrade with maximum temperatures of 16 degrees centigrade. December and January months are the coldest and sees snowfall in New York. The summer months see temperatures rising to more than 32 degrees centigrade. This combined with the humidity makes the climate uncomfortable during that period.
Things to Do in New York
● Take a walk along the promenade of the famous Brooklyn Bridge.
● Go for a picnic in the green environs of the Central Park.
● Take a moment to pray for peace and hope at the 9/11 Memorial.
● Pause to admire the magnificence and grandeur of the Grand Central Terminal, the world’s largest railway station.
● Lose yourself in a spectacular musical at a Broadway show.
The above is just a glimpse of the endless possibilities that New York offers.
Places to Visit in New York
● Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, you cannot afford to miss the iconic landmark that is synonymous with America
● Times Square, the most vibrant and colourful part of New York
● Empire State Building, another icon of the New York skyline cannot be missed
● Metropolitan Museum of Art that houses about two million works of art
● American Museum of Natural History, a massive museum that holds more than thirty million artifacts
New York is a treasure trove of unique sights and exciting experiences.
Best Hotels Available in New York
New York offers a complete range of accommodation options. High end ultra luxury hotels to quirky boutique hotels vie with each other to grab eyeballs. The best of New York hotels include The Surrey, Langham Place, Hotel Central Park, The Grand Hotel and Spa, Mount Royale Hotel and Spa.