Pattaya to Kuala Lumpur Flights – From Splendid Beaches to the Garden City of Lights
The sprawling city of Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia and is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. It boasts of gleaming skyscrapers, colonial-era landmarks, and world-class dining and shopping venues. Kuala Lumpur is a globetrotter’s delight, as it offers endless things to see and do. Recognized as the world’s fastest mono cable car system, ‘Genting Skyway’ offers an exciting journey to Genting Highlands amidst lush greenery and cool highland mist. The city’s vibrant entertainment options include trendy bars, nightclubs, lounges, and cafes at the Golden Triangle. Whether you are traveling with family or as a backpacker, Kuala Lumpur never fails to mesmerize you!
Useful Tips for Tourists Flying to Kuala Lumpur
Where to shop
Kuala Lumpur is one of the major metropolitan cities in the world with extraordinary shopping venues. Explore the handicraft emporium at Central Market – the ideal destinations to get an insight into the city’s local shopping scene. Head to the Kasturi Walk for items like handbags, watches, tee-shirts, and flip-flops while you satisfy your hunger pangs with several local fruits and snacks. If tech products and indie fashion goods are what you want, then Berjaya Times Square and Low Yat Plaza shopping centers are for you. For the best deals, try to coincide your trip with The Malaysia’s annual Year-End Sale (mid-November to early January).
What to eat
Treat your taste buds to a wide variety of cuisines available in Kuala Lumpur. The popular restaurants and street-side stalls offer an endless number of cuisines that are finger-licking delicious. Some of their must-try dishes include Oyster Omelets, Hokkien mee (fried yellow noodle dish braised in dark soya sauce), Char Siu (honeyed barbecued pork), Wong Ah Wah Chicken wings, Roti Babi (pork bread), and Ikan Bakar (grilled fish).
A Few Malay Words
Knowing a few words in the local language of the city that you are visiting is very helpful. So, learn these commonly used phrases before flying to Kuala Lumpur.
• Good Morning: Selamat Pagi
• Thank You: Terima kasih
• Please say that again: Tolong ulang sekali lagi
• Sorry: Ma'af
• Where’s the toilet? Di mana tandas?
Dos and Don’ts
• Greet people with a friendly nod and smile, and don’t shake hands unless started by the other person (physical contact between opposite sex publicly is not encouraged).
• When visiting holy places, make sure that you dress appropriately. Avoid shorts, short skirts, and sleeveless tops and leave your footwear outside.
Emergency contact numbers
• Emergency services: 991
• 24-hour Pharmacy: 0326155136
• Fire: 994
• Police: 999/112
• Ambulance: 999/112
• Which airlines offer cheap air tickets to Kuala Lumpur?
The airline offering cheap air tickets to Kuala Lumpur is Air Asia.
• What is the time zone used in Malaysia?
The time zone of Malaysia is GMT+8.
• What are the most popular airlines flying from Pattaya to Kuala Lumpur?
From Pattaya to Kuala Lumpur, the most popular airlines are Bangkok Airways and Air Asia.
• What is the shortest time for a Pattaya to Kuala Lumpur flight?
The shortest time for a direct Pattaya to Kuala Lumpur flight is 2 hours.
• What are the top tourist destinations of Kuala Lumpur?
Some of the must-visit tourist destinations in Kuala Lumpur are Batu Caves, Petronas Towers, Mardeka Square, Thean Hou Temple, Pusat Sains Negara, Aquaria KLCC, and Kuala Lumpur City Center.
• What is the currency of Malaysia?
The currency of Malaysia is Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
Looking forward to traveling to your favorite destination? Log on to yatra.com and find all that you are looking for, right from holiday packages and airline options to web check-in and cheap air tickets. Mobile users can also download the Yatra App for quick and easy access.