Phuket to Guangzhou Flights – Island Destination to the City of Five Rams
Located on the banks of Pearl river to the northwest of Hong Kong, Guangzhou is a city full of vigor. This giant metropolis in southern China boasts stunning towers, beautiful parks, world-class educational institutions, historic sites, and culturally diverse people. Thousands of tourists visit the city exclusively for the popular Canton Fair (China Import and Export Fair) held during spring and autumn every year. Guangzhou is a paradise for foodies and shopping buffs, and the heart of the city is home to numerous restaurants and markets. Be it for the love of food or shopping or splendid landmarks, a visit to Guangzhou is totally worth it.
Useful Tips for Tourists Flying to Guangzhou
Shopping in Guangzhou
Shop till you drop at Guangzhou’s popular shopping destinations such as Beijing Road, Zhujiang New Town, etc. The Taikoo luxury mall - the poshest in the town, features branded merchandise, high-priced jewelry, souvenirs, international products, and much more. The Shangxiajiu Street, Tianhe Teemall, China Plaza, Baima Market, Zhanxi, and Liu Hua offer quality products at bargainable prices and are filled with cafes, restaurants, and street snacks as well.
Guangzhou’s eateries offer delicious Cantonese cuisines, which will fulfill your gastronomic cravings. Some of their recipes are made from wild cats, snakes, and wild dogs’ meat and you need nerves of steel to try them! Their popular delicacies include Dim Sum (fried or steamed dumplings), Kao Ru Zhu (whole roasted suckling pig), Taiye Chicken (chicken smoked with special flavors), Dragon Fighting the Tiger (made of wild cat and snake), Tingzai Porridge (mixed meat porridge), and Double Skin Milk (dessert made from water buffalo’s milk).
A Few Cantonese Words
It is advisable to always learn a few words in the local language, as most of the locals do not understand English. These phrases in the Cantonese language are sure to help you during your Guangzhou visit.
• Hello: néih hóu
• Thank You: m`hgòi (for a service), dòjeh (for a gift)
• Where is the toilet? chisó hái bindouh a? OR sáisáugaan hái bindouh a?
• Where can I call a taxi?: Qingwèn nali néng jiào chuzu che?
• How much is this? Nigo géido chín a?
Dos and Don’ts
• Beware of people selling fake jewelry and liquor, and check for counterfeit money.
• Greet people with a gentle handshake and friendly smile. Kissing and embracing in public is generally unacceptable.
• Cover your knees and arms when entering temples.
• It is considered impolite to tap on your plate with chopsticks or placing them upright in the bowl.
Emergency contact numbers
• Police/Emergency services: 110
• First-aid ambulance: 120
• Fire: 119
• Traffic Accidents: 122
• Traffic Emergency: 112
• Which airlines offer cheap air tickets to Guangzhou?
The airlines offering cheap air tickets to Guangzhou are AirAsia, Tigerair, and Jetstar.
• What is the time zone used in Guangzhou?
The time zone of Guangzhou is GMT+8.
• What are the most popular airlines flying from Phuket to Guangzhou?
From Phuket to Guangzhou, the most popular airlines are China Eastern Airlines, Bangkok Airways, and Thai Airways.
• What is the shortest time for a Phuket to Guangzhou flight?
The shortest time for a direct Phuket to Guangzhou flight is 3 hours and 05 minutes.
• What are the top tourist destinations of Guangzhou?
Some of the must-visit tourist destinations in Guangzhou are Shamian Island, Baiyun Mountain, Zhenhai Tower, Yuexiu Park, and Guangzhou Museum of Art.
• What is the currency of China?
The currency of China is the Chinese Yuan (Renminbi RMB).
Log on to yatra.com or download the Yatra App to find quick information related to travel, including hotels, activities, airline options, cheap air tickets, etc. Check for the web check-in option on Yatra and save a lot of time by avoiding the long queues.